2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

My Lo Pro QT just arrived today... hoping to be able to get it installed this weekend. A big part of my decision was the number of recommendations it got in this thread!

I just got mine installed yesterday. Seems built well. I have no info on how well it will seal out moisture yet but it should do a fair job.

0219161236a_zps950nbnxu.jpg

0219161236b_zpsdkrunfcz.jpg

0219161237_zpsli7x3gne.jpg

So I got the Lo Pro QT installed today, and I think I'm going to be very happy with it. I had an Extang Revolution on my previous truck, which I liked, because it does not use velcro at the sides, and held down tightly. However, it was a difficult to lock down (yes I adjusted the tension several times), and it required two latches to be released before you could roll it back. Doesn't seem like much, but it became a pain. I also had some leakage issues with it.

This one seems to be much better on the sealing issue. The front seal seems very solid to me. Very little light showing through when I crawled under the closed cover, so I feel confident I won't have much if any water leakage there. The rear looks like it seals more securely as well. I'll add an update once I get a chance to test it further.

Here it is installed:

Tonneau- Installed

http://shop.agricover.com/product/vanish?_ga=1.70107031.683625629.1455915352

I'm looking at this bed cover for my truck for the added mpg gain as well as keeping stuff dry in florida rain. How is the cover or one similar at highway speed? Does it flap or make any unwanted noises? If I braced it through the middle with a shower rod or storage rod would that help?

sent from Florida beech

http://shop.agricover.com/product/vanish?_ga=1.70107031.683625629.1455915352

I'm looking at this bed cover for my truck for the added mpg gain as well as keeping stuff dry in florida rain. How is the cover or one similar at highway speed? Does it flap or make any unwanted noises? If I braced it through the middle with a shower rod or storage rod would that help?

sent from Florida beech

I'm pretty sure unless it's fully supported underneath it will flap under wind load.

I'm pretty sure unless it's fully supported underneath it will flap under wind load.

Is the teuXedo better quality and not flap? What do most people do to stop flapping?

sent from Florida beech

So I got the Lo Pro QT installed today, and I think I'm going to be very happy with it. I had an Extang Revolution on my previous truck, which I liked, because it does not use velcro at the sides, and held down tightly. However, it was a difficult to lock down (yes I adjusted the tension several times), and it required two latches to be released before you could roll it back. Doesn't seem like much, but it became a pain. I also had some leakage issues with it.

This one seems to be much better on the sealing issue. The front seal seems very solid to me. Very little light showing through when I crawled under the closed cover, so I feel confident I won't have much if any water leakage there. The rear looks like it seals more securely as well. I'll add an update once I get a chance to test it further.

Here it is installed:

Nice looks good, can't wait for mine now.

Here it is installed:

Nice looks good, can't wait for mine now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CGGXR9C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455916806&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=572001+truxedo+low+pro+qt

Something along these lines. I don't know if the low ones make the difficult to support. Any tips I would appreciate

sent from Florida beech

To anyone with a Roll N Lock cover.....I'm just wondering does this cover move at all (or flap) on the interstate ?

I'm worried with a regular cab if it did I'd be able to hear it in the truck.

Probably going with the Roll N Lock A series metal cover.....I want one that will retract and one that will not cover the Chevrolet on the top of the bedside....doesn't look like I have many options.

Thanks for the help and any ideas !

You should practice what you preach.

All I know is everyone that has seen my DB cover could not believe how heavy duty it is. "Look at those heavy duty hinges", "that cover will last for ever". When I tell people it can hold 1600lbs on top they say "I believe just by looking at it".

Edited by txab

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CGGXR9C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455916806&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=572001+truxedo+low+pro+qt

Something along these lines. I don't know if the low ones make the difficult to support. Any tips I would appreciate

sent from Florida beech

I'd recommend going back through this thread and asking members who have similar covers or the same cover. I've only had 1 vinyl cover and it flapped. That (and security) deterred me from buying another.

All I know is everyone that has seen my DB cover could not believe how heavy duty it is. "Look at those heavy duty hinges", "that cover will last for ever". When I tell people it can hold 1600lbs on top they say "I believe just by looking at it".

The SE model holds 400 lbs. The HD holds 1,600 lbs. According to DB's website, the HD (.100" thickness) would be 25% thicker than the SE (.080" thickness) which is rather significant. I'm not up to date on the current prices of a SE or HD covers, so what do they cost?

I like the RollNLock A-Series. It's the only cover that I've found with four locking points. The TruckCoversUSA looks pretty nice, it's rated at 500 lbs distributed weight, but I personally have never loaded anything on top of a tonneau cover.

EDIT for further explanation: The RollNLock's single lock has four locking points. The DB has two locks that have two locking points each.

Edited by TruckDaddy

The SE model holds 400 lbs. The HD holds 1,600 lbs. According to DB's website, the HD (.100" thickness) would be 25% thicker than the SE (.080" thickness) which is rather significant. I'm not up to date on the current prices of a SE or HD covers, so what do they cost?

I like the RollNLock A-Series. It's the only cover that I've found with four locking points. The TruckCoversUSA looks pretty nice, it's rated at 500 lbs distributed weight, but I personally have never loaded anything on top of a tonneau cover.

Both of those covers cost more than the SE (SE carries 400lbs cost $1199, HD carries 1600lbs cost $1599). A quick search shows me that roll n lock a series cost around $1500-1600 and tcusa around $1600-1700. so they would both be better suited being compared to the DB HD (1600lbs) due to pricing. The roll n lock according to their website will be damaged with only 120lbs on top of it. I believe DB covers could be considered having 4 locking points. Since there is a lock rod in each corner of the bed that pivots under the bed rails. As well as 4 clamps on the center panel.

Edited by txab

Anybody running the Truxedo Titanium? I've got the Tonnopro Hardfold now, it's a great cover in most aspects but, the latch system is cumbersome and I've had to remove it a few times in the last few months to haul larger loads so, I'm looking at hard roll ups, BAK's customer service and reputation are enough to steer me away from their products. Honestly I could probably get by with a lo-pro but, I like the hard cover aspect.

Thanks!