2014 Resale / Trade In Value

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the guy doesn't like the truck he doesn't like the truck, why should anyone try to convince him to keep it. His questions was "thoughts on trade in value". Not "thoughts and what I can do to make me like my truck"

Your gonna loose some money, probably about 6-7 grand plus the taxes you paid on it. It might be better to keep until the '15's come out try not to put many more miles on it and trade/sell it then.

Can u post a link to your shake video. I've been trying to find one that shows this.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Well, then go to the dealer and see what trade in will be. Don't come here and belly ache about a brand new vehicle. My 14 is perfect. Sounds like OP just wants out of payment.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

So does that mean your getting $35,500? What did u pay for the truck again?Tapatalk via Moto X

Well, then go to the dealer and see what trade in will be. Don't come here and belly ache about a brand new vehicle. My 14 is perfect. Sounds like OP just wants out of payment.Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

38,900And dont want out a payment.. Want out this posSent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Good news all around and everyone wins. Good luck with your next car OP.

Good dealTapatalk via Moto X

Not bad.. Im just waiting for a bad ass duramax to come along. Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi guys/gals,

I'm wondering what the best way would be to get rid of my 14 sierra slt crew cab 5.3L. I'm just not happy with the purchase. Sticker price was around $48K. I bought it for about $42 and now I owe about $40K on it. It's got about 2400 miles on it.

I'm wondering if the dealership would buy it back for near what I owe or if I should just try my luck on craigslist. For the price, wouldn't people rather buy a new truck as opposed to buying mine used for the cost?

Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Thanks,

Jae

Of course buy brand new... if you are dumping the truk expect to loose BIG....

You have to look for a cash buyer.. I would rather have the 0 % interest rate or whatever the dealership offers.

Accept 30k for your highest bidder . with CASH

But you still have to pay the truck off in full before you can sell it.

My advice won't help today, but will in the future. Don't...ever...do...that...again. GM overpriced the trucks to begin with, and will soon start some more serious discounts (I'm guessing, but it's not a bad guess). So, if you really want to unload it, do it soon. The value/prices will drop over the coming months, even more than normal. If not, they'll have a lot of trucks sitting around collecting dust.

Is that 42k out the door or not including tax and lic? Because here, in SoCal, my truck was 52k and I got it for 45 or 46k, but after tax and lic. I was back up to 50k again.. I put 20k down so I owe 29k or something.. I love my truck, but with that 2500 post I started thinking about a 3/4 ton really just for fun, and I priced one out nicely loaded with Duramax for 59k.. I was again bored and wondering how much I would lose trading in for the 2500.. Ofcourse I'm not going to trade it in, but I was curious.

Archived