2014 Resale / Trade In Value

I'm assuming you're just not happy with your new truck, and can make the payments ok? If this is the case, I would strongly suggest just keeping it and driving it...it'll take about 3 years before you can be in a situation to get out of it. If you're not going to be able to make the payments, that's another story and I really hope thats not the case. Money problems really suck. So, if you can make the payments and be comfortable, keep the truck and just drive it a few years. Trying to get out now will result in a huge financial loss for you, there's just no way around that unfortunately.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The advice I give comes from years of paying interest on mistakes until I figured it out. But it's still only my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!

Financial advisor Dave Ramsey says we've all had to pay stupid tax at one time or another.

I would say do an internet search for 2014's for sale and do yourself a spreadsheet would only take a few minutes. Just to see what the asking prices look like. Obviously you are not going to get full retail like a dealership will but that would give you an idea. You will not recover all your money that is a given, that money has already been consumed by the market place. Hey it is only money so do not worry about it! Just remember that wealth is neither made or destroyed it is simply redistributed.

Now on this Dave Ramsey thing WARNING WILL ROBINSON WARNING do not listen to Dave Ramsey and that Financial Peace University thing, and for sure DO NOT read any of his books like Financial Peace and More than Enough etc. you would end up financially independent and be paying cash for everything. OUTRAGEOUS to say the least.

if you follow those rules and the entire American economy would collapse in just a matter of days. A lot of people have figured out that he is dangerous and could potentially ruin the entire American economy and he has been sent down to Nashville TN AM radio station 1510 I think on weekdays starting around 2:00 p.m.?

We live in a consumer based economy. Now grasshoppers go buy (consume) everything that you can and finance it heavily, you need to be overextended at ALL times to keep the economy humming .................. You are an American and you deserve it and you deserve it NOW no matter what the cost. Oh yeah and pay your taxes on time no matter if it is Stupid Tax or Dumb Tax and if you like go ahead and add some extra tax payments as the gumit can certainly use it.

Yup paid cash and got a killer deal. Thanks Dave I dont care what bad stuff they say about you, you are my HERO.

In your situation I'd try to sell it myself for about $38,000. It's only got 2400 miles and someone might want the savings over buying brand new. They still get the warranty and a $10,000 saving over sticker. Not a bad deal. A lot of folks have Credit Unions and their own banks and don't need the dealer's hand in their financing.

As long as they give me nearly free money I take it. I save my cash to save or buy more rent houses. I use other peoples money to buy my rides. Been doing this for 30 years. Dave Ramsey is mostly right, but you got to have some fun life's to short. If I didn't have nice rides Id be unhappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice won't help today, but will in the future. Don't...ever...do...that...again. GM overpriced the trucks to begin with, and will soon start some more serious discounts (I'm guessing, but it's not a bad guess). So, if you really want to unload it, do it soon. The value/prices will drop over the coming months, even more than normal. If not, they'll have a lot of trucks sitting around collecting dust.

I've been thinking the samething for a while, but it won't happen. This song and dance will last as long as it can until the economy collapses again and even then, i doubt you will see the huge discounts you think you will see.

I'd venture to say that there is a very very small percentage of people who live by this rule or even close to it in todays society. I agree that is totally the smartest way to go about it from a responsible financial perspective but in reality it is shocking the amount of people rolling around in brand new vehicles who are not only upside down on a loan but also don't have $50 extra in their pocket to even pay for gas let alone pay a vehicle loan off. The sad part is that dealers, banks, and lenders know this, yet 9 times out of 10 they push the loan through and end up setting you up for failure anyway. It is all about the all mighty $$$$

Our whole society ..actually the world is based on this. Society has been progressing forward for the last 40 or 50 years based on debt. The world economy would not be what it is today if we all saved for what we needed.

I bought my new truck and it was the first and will be the last new vehicle I buy. I have always ran my cars till they were 10 plus years. I can see my truck sticking around for a long time.

Wow, didn't expect to see so many posts regarding this. The main reason I'm not happy with the purchase is the with quality of the truck. I'm noticing shifting issues with the transmission, the exhaust fumes coming through like crazy, the crappy radio reception, the heated steering wheel and seats not up to par(which is supposedly by design), the rear view camera sucks, the lack of HIDs, and I'm sure I can go on.

Most of these issues....I would have never of known through a test drive. I coulda and shoulda waited longer and reviewed other people's posts. Dealership doesn't do anything to address any of these issues as they say it is all by design and "supposed to be that way".

I guess lesson learned and I'll just have to stick with the truck because I don't want to lose thousands trying to get rid of it. I'll just keep making my $550+$200 extra for principal paydown as that is not an issue.

Someone asked what I financed. It was 42K out the door including registration and etc.

You have to decided if you can live with the truck, all new vehicles take a hit in value when they leave the dealer, the more expensive the vehicle the bigger the hit. If you hate the truck and get angry every time you drive it you might be able to find a deal that you can live with. Life is to short not to enjoy or at least tolerate your daily ride. I too have concerns about my truck and will explore other options but I will keep it long enough to get some value out of it.

Archived