Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

1 minute ago, DHaze83 said:

I did have to pay for another set, that is why the option of refund is involved. It is the fastest way but also requires the purchase of another set. So if thats not possible, then option 2 would be the best. You'll just have to remove the bars and send them back and wait on a new set. I was told that warranty claims are priority over new orders. They were pretty fast. They paid for the return shipping. And they will also schedule a pickup of the old bars so its not too bad.

That's what I assumed, just wanted to be sure.  Thanks again for the info!

On 3/6/2019 at 8:57 AM, krychrt said:

I pulled the trigger on these as well. I like the look. Hopefully they hold up

IMG_2269.jpgIMG_2265.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn....nice looking truck....are those BFGs?...size?.....is their any lift on your truck?

Damn....nice looking truck....are those BFGs?...size?.....is their any lift on your truck?

Thanks you sir. Yes they are BFG ko2 275/60R20. Readylift 2.25 with control arms up front. Swapped 1”rear block for 2”. Very happy with the setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2019 at 9:50 AM, DHaze83 said:

I just added the N-Fab RKR rails with removable steps. They are the tightest ive found so far with the added bonus of being able to remove the steps whenever you need to.20190228_200119-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.9c52ecb86bbbec71898a663ec76170c3.jpg20190228_203249-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.fe1ab8f7306085771c8f89dd97998254.jpg20190301_095149.thumb.jpg.0c3c70cfc2f3c5b702814b9efdb57ccb.jpg

Those look great. I wish they had something like that for a regular cab. We have so few choices. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, DHaze83 said:

I just added the N-Fab RKR rails with removable steps. They are the tightest ive found so far with the added bonus of being able to remove the steps whenever you need to.

This is what I've been looking for, I had originally looked at the Lund Rock Rail Guards because I didn't think I wanted steps and just wanted the protection from the tires throwing rocks, and on the trail.  Having the removable step option is great.

How functional are the steps?  They look really close to the cab/rockers.  Looks like they would work getting in the truck, but not as well trying to get out of the truck?  I found the stock running boards to be kind of useless for getting out of the truck and would often slide right off them, getting salt/dirt all up the back of my legs.

50 minutes ago, KTM794 said:

This is what I've been looking for, I had originally looked at the Lund Rock Rail Guards because I didn't think I wanted steps and just wanted the protection from the tires throwing rocks, and on the trail.  Having the removable step option is great.

How functional are the steps?  They look really close to the cab/rockers.  Looks like they would work getting in the truck, but not as well trying to get out of the truck?  I found the stock running boards to be kind of useless for getting out of the truck and would often slide right off them, getting salt/dirt all up the back of my legs.

Getting in is great. Getting out isnt bad, just need to be observant. I love em. FYI, order the steps seperatley because they package them lose with the rails during shipping and can damage the rails.

2 hours ago, norm69 said:

I found the GM 6" rectangular steps (84106505) from an online dealer for $567 shipped, wondering if that's a good price?

I have a few problems with those steps.  Looks like they have plastic end caps, it's best to have welded end caps.  It's chromed something.  If it's chromed steel, you'll probably start seeing rust dots in the chrome in a couple of years.  They have a 12-month warranty which is horrible.  Most aftermarket steps have a three to lifetime warranty.

I have the 6" Premium iboards on my truck. I also had their 4" standard boards on my previous truck. I like both and the fact that they won't rust. However, with harsh winters and road salt, the aluminum seems to spot/pit. I haven't found a good way to keep them looking new.

The price is right and install is easy. The brackets line up with existing holes in the truck body. Also, I had an issue with newer set where I thought one looked bent. I sent them a photo and they shipped me another set free of charge. They also didn't want the original ones back. 

APS Premium 6" iBoard Running Boards Fit 07-19 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Crew Cab https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N758ZUV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mQMTCb3XYQ1JT

20190414_114701.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the N-Fab Podium steps in stainless? Little pricey, but I like the way they look and I don’t really want black. Just curious if anyone has them and how they’re holding up.

Had the Westin HDX steps installed Monday. Extremely happy with them. Large front step, more than adequate rear step, and the locations are dead on. Getting in and out is very easy with these, I highly recommend them.