Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Just to add to this thread, I went ahead and installed the Bestop powerboard NX's this weekend. I went with these because I did not want to remove any panels and dig into the wiring. I can pretty much look at interior trim on a car and it will scratch.

The install was straight forward. I was worried that the transmitters would show up quite a bit on the b-pillar, however they are pretty well hidden and you would need to look for them in order to see them.

Overall the product seems pretty decent the boards are a decent thickness on the extrusion, there was about between a 1/16" and 1/8" inch deflection on mid span of the board when loaded with 360 lbs, which corresponds to about a L/240 to L/360 deflection standard.

The drop down brackets are beefy with very little play on the hinge pins, the actuator gearing is all metal, and the electrical connectors fit together tightly and included a rubber seal at the base of each one. I did add some dielectric grease to the fittings just to help keep corrosion at bay.

The only issue I had was one of the transmitters had a bad battery so I had to go to radioshack in order to get a new battery and all they had were packs of 3 which was $13. I have not contacted Bestop to see if they can send an extra battery.

We will see how they hold up but initial impressions are good.

Edited by reldridg

You can connect the handle w/o removing the door panel. All you need is a Torx 20 screwdriver and some 10lb or stronger fishing line. You can double up lighter line if it's all you have. Let me know if interested I can explain more or find the post that taught me.

handle removal - http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156191-2014-door-handle-removal-how-to/

I see that is for the outside handle, my issue is the inside handle, there is a cable with a ball on the end and a clip. I think I seated the cable correctly but forgot to clip it. I heard it fall out when I was driving to work.

Mike

Got my Amp power steps installed this weekend. Took about 7 hours over 2 days. Had some issues with the instructions (color blind) person wrote them. Had me searching for dark gray wire, when in fact it was light gray.

Other than the wire issue, it was fairly easy. Time consuming as Me nor my friend (who is a GM Master Technician) had a clue.

We had two panel retainers that were smashed from the factory when we took the front door panels off (replaced them on re install).

Overall, I'm extremely pleased. I'll put up some pics, soon.

Mike

Mike, how do they look with a white truck? They should be tucked up pretty good, but I would imagine from the side 5-10 feet back it will look like it has rocker protectors of some sort, might be neat :)

Mike, how do they look with a white truck? They should be tucked up pretty good, but I would imagine from the side 5-10 feet back it will look like it has rocker protectors of some sort, might be neat :)

You are correct, can't see them up close, from ten feet they look like the rockers are black. I haven't had a chance to shoot a pic yet, but I will this weekend.

Mike

Finally had my Amp steps installed yesterday. They did an outstanding job and as others have mentioned, it was a full day process. He said it took him and a helper 6-7 hours. Definitely worth the $225 installation cost. I'm a happy person, now to install the OEM mud flaps this weekend.

post-126505-0-11325200-1390025605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A friend of mine Had the Amps installed on his 2014 Sierra a month or so ago. Took me a lil while to get used to getting out of his truck

Funny first side steps i have ver found to actually be useful. I have been stepping over every other design for years. The OEM w/ AT are much better than most as I used them 70% of the time before going with the AMP. Now I use the step every time even with giant snow boost on.

Finally got some pics up, no more bulky running boards sticking out and the AMP power steps work great. I Also got my new ATX Ledge wheels installed as well which i think turned out well and contrasts with the chrome accents of the denali and the Iridium Metallic color.

2014 Denali - 20X9 Atx teflon ledge 188 pic2

2014 Denali - 20x9 ATX Teflon Ledge 188 Wheels (3)

Edited by GM-GUY
  • Like 2