VIN Decoder & RPO Codes

Sorry for my ignorance, assuming I get this info on my 2018 Silverado 5.3 WT with only convenience and tow packages, what can I use this for?  Is this just info a shop might need to work on my truck or is there something else I can use this for?  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, Fernando said:

Can anyone tell me If i have remote start? 

AD789ADF-A369-4E8E-A23C-2074BDA1BC58.jpeg

Are they still putting both of these stickers in the glove box?  I have the sticker on the right but not the one on the left.

• 3 months later...

I removed the picture showing your complete VIN, but it appears to be for a 2017 Chevy Silverado. You might ask the Moderators to remove the others if you have concerns.

My 2019 GMC Sierra Denali does not have the 2nd label on the left as in the picture, only the one on the right. I looked for other places on my truck and could not find one, so I looked in here. Cannot tell if yours has remote start or not, try submitting your VIN number like I did to get the rundown on included features. I opened a live chat session at gmc.com and input my name, VIN and email address. The Build Sheet was posted into my chat within 1 minute.  I also requested an email copy of the chat be sent to me by selecting the "+" symbol just to the left of the conversation box and was asked for my email address to send a copy of the chat which I received as soon as the chat ended. So that method still works, they only asked if I was the owner, and for my full name and email address, then the information came within seconds after responding. I was also told "If you wish to get a hard copy of this information. You visit https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/. Be informed that this may incur an out of pocket expense for the conservation cost and shipping fee."

It came in the following format (cut way down) just so you see an example of what is on the Build Sheet:

Vehicle Information:
VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Model: TK10543-2019 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB 4WD 
Order Number: XXXXXX
Gross Vehicle Weight: 3223 
Build Date: 02/20/2019

Option Codes:
0ST VAA/COMPONENT REL FRONT SEAT ROW
1SZ OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT

A2X SEAT ADJUSTER, DRIVER 10-WAY POWER INCLUDING LUMBAR

ATH KEYLESS OPEN AND START

BGP SAFETY PACKAGE II

BTV REMOTE START

CF5 POWER SUNROOF

CWM TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE * HD SURROUND VISION * REAR CAMERA MIRROR * MULTI-COLOR HEAD-UP DISPLAY

DEZ MIRRORS, OUTSIDE HEATED POWER-ADJUSTABLE, POWER-FOLDING AND DRIVER-SIDE AUTO-DIMMING

DRZ REAR CAMERA MIRROR, INSIDE REARVIEW AUTO-DIMMING

ENL ENG CONTROL DISABLE START/STOP

F48 CHASSIS DRIVE LINE-FOUR WHEEL DRIVE(4WD)

G1W WHITE FROST TRICOAT

JHD HILL DESCENT CONTROL

JL1 TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER, INTEGRATED

K4C WIRELESS CHARGING

MCR USB PORTS, 2, SD CARD READER WITH AUX JACK

NQH *2-SPEED AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE WITH OFF-ROAD MODE

PDJ DRIVER ALERT PACKAGE II * FORWARD COLLISION ALERT * LANE KEEP ASSIST WITH LANE DEPARTURE WARNING * LOW SPEED FORWARD AUTOMATIC BRAKING * FRONT PEDESTRIAN BRAKING *

QK2 MULTIPRO TAILGATE

SAF TIRE CARRIER LOCK

T3U FOG LAMPS, FRONT, LED

UD5 FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST, ULTRASONIC

UKJ FRONT PEDESTRIAN BRAKING

VLQ CHROME FRONT RECOVERY HOOKS

VTI SHUTTERS-FRONT GRILLE, ACTIVE,

VV4 4G LTE WI-FI (R) HOTSPOT (SUBJECT TO TERMS SEE ONSTAR.COM)

Z45 CHASSIS PACKAGE-CONTINUOUS DAMPING CONTROL

It does not appear that you have remote start. RPO Code "BTV" is for remote start...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not to beat a dead horse, but here are the links I use for this info...

VIN https://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php

RPO Codes https://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.net/151587b49e7f6970ff59f6f339b177de/images/custom/rpoCodes.pdf

(although I LOVE the idea of a build sheet sent by GM!  Thanks for that tip.. I'll be looking into it!)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 10:34 AM, mcdavis said:

I just logged onto the GMC site, Owner Center area, and hit the online chat button. Within 10 minutes of asking them for a build sheet, and giving them my VIN and email address, I had a 7 page build sheet with codes and descriptions for my 2016 Sierra.

Just adding on that this method still works.

7 pages?

I just did the same thing and they provided me with the codes, but there wasn't anything else (better part of 3 pages)..

now, where do I go to find out what else I can easily upgrade on my vehicle (I already added the rear view mirror that auto-dims, even though my vehicle came with just an "onstar mirror, manual tilt").. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, AJE said:

Are they still putting both of these stickers in the glove box?  I have the sticker on the right but not the one on the left.

Not sure if you ever found the answer to your question, but no more RPO code sticker in the glove box starting on model year 2018 trucks.

You have a QR label in the door jamb on the drivers side that can be scanned to show them.

23 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Not sure if you ever found the answer to your question, but no more RPO code sticker in the glove box starting on model year 2018 trucks.

You have a QR label in the door jamb on the drivers side that can be scanned to show them.

I have an '18, so question answered.  Thanks.