Bluetooth and Voicemail

I just bought a new 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 and had a 2011 of the same. In my 2011, I could press play on my voice mail and would hear it over my speakers. In my 2014, it will not play voice mails over Bluetooth and it also blocks me from just hearing it on my phone when it is connected. If I disconnect the Bluetooth to hear my voice mail, when I reconnect, the phone call feature does not work. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sawallace1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with getting voicemails to play through your bluetooth. Were you able to get this function working properly? Our Infotainment Support team would be happy to address your concerns. They can be reached at 855-478-7767 between the hours of 8AM - 10PM, seven days a week.

Thank you,

Andraya R.

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2014 GMC.... My wife and I have the same phone, so when I sync them, they both show the same thing (Droid Razr). Anyone know how, or if you even can differentiate them somehow by numbering them or labeling them his, hers, or something?

I have a 2014 GMC.... My wife and I have the same phone, so when I sync them, they both show the same thing (Droid Razr). Anyone know how, or if you even can differentiate them somehow by numbering them or labeling them his, hers, or something?

Go into the settings on your phone to the about phone section, you will see Device Name, you can change it to whatever you'd like. You may have to reconnect your phone to your radio for the changes to take effect but thats what I did with mine, Works great.

• 3 months later...

Go into the settings on your phone to the about phone section, you will see Device Name, you can change it to whatever you'd like. You may have to reconnect your phone to your radio for the changes to take effect but thats what I did with mine, Works great.

Yes, i did that and named both of them. However, sometimes it selects hers, sometimes mine. I can then change it, but thats a pain every time it does it. I would think you could designate one of them as primary. That way, it would always go to it (primary) and then if not available, go to the secondary one. Thanks.

Archived