What have you done to your K2 today?

Reason i asked is cuz some people swear by the two bucket method. I see no point in rinsing off the foam and using two buckets after. It's just wasteful and more time consuming.

I don't rinse off the foam but still use the 2 bucket method. I foam the truck then when I'm ready to scrub I have my bucket with soap and my clean water bucket, while the truck still foamed I once again go over the truck with the soapy bucket and rinse off the mitt after every panel. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reason i asked is cuz some people swear by the two bucket method. I see no point in rinsing off the foam and using two buckets after. It's just wasteful and more time consuming.

You are supposed to rinse the foam off before you continue with the 2 bucket method. The foam is to help loosen the dirt on your rig. (I actually use 3 buckets: soapy water, soapy water for wheels/tires, and clean rinse water.) If you don’t rinse before scrubbing, you take a change of grinding those dirt particles into your clear coat causing scratches and swirl marks.

Of course, it’s up to you. Just my 2¢.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I didn't install it all today but it's pretty recent...

5100s at stock height with my 2.25" readylift level.
New Kryptonite ball joints for my cognito UCAs. (I bought the UCAs used so I'm not sure how much abuse the cognito ball joints took but the drivers side was popping and had a lot of play)
Removed my factory Bose center console sub and replaced it with ebay 8" kicker comp R sub/box combo.
Removed my 10" passenger side sub/box and reinstalled my under seat storage.
00928ddb308ca2e359aa73a268c2a354.jpg82a9f6819804e343c6d91df24a34015a.jpg7a07b49a178bcdb424c6db0bdfddf4b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any chance you can help guide me on changing the sub? Wiring and etc. thanks.

First post here all.. just left the Ford club and picked up a new Silverado Thursday.. mods so far include bullring tie downs in the bed, drivers side assist handle, Tyger tonneau cover, GM rubber bed mat, GM plastic tailgate liner (dealer gave it to me for free! - Ford never did that) and a few more to come. Took it for a 400km drive today and averaged 9.6/100km .. got a total of 450km on the truck so far.. really impressed with the mileage of this truck.

20180827_192042.jpg

16829480882x400.jpg

• Like 5

Having owned the truck for about 2-3 weeks, I've gotten black bow ties put on, a spay on bedliner (free from dealer as we negotiated this), added the Bakflip MX4 tonneau, and bought front/rear Weathertech floor mats.

I do want to add a CAI next (thinking between GM or Flowmaster) and have spoken with pgamboa about getting the DL3 mirrors/harnesses. I really want the turn signal blinkers, just stinks that the blind spot sensors weren't added till the 2019's.

Then hoping next year I can get a different exhaust installed and possibly either good quality seat covers or researching getting leather upholstery for my cloth seats. My kids will find ways to get some food or spill on these seats. LOL!

Sometimes I feel like I should of sprung for the LTZ, it would have had some of these things right out the gate that I want to do to my current truck. Guess will be the next go around down the road.

baf12471aa88a02ead435d2b66a2a06a.jpg

43fe4e5008b3b080e12b795bcfd597cd.jpgac99c647c7331811a91fe206253f0536.jpg

Edited by captainzombie
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Crstfr said:

link to the lights brotha?... also do you ground each light individually? and run power all to the same point?\

looks dope by the way!

Thank you! They are the OPT7 Aura 4 strip LED interior lights (SKU #INSTP5050KIT-RGB). They come with a harness so all the lights have a wire that plugs into the control box. Only have to ground one wire and power one wire. Very easy install since I have an sPod to wire it to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stockredsierra said:

Thank you! They are the OPT7 Aura 4 strip LED interior lights (SKU #INSTP5050KIT-RGB). They come with a harness so all the lights have a wire that plugs into the control box. Only have to ground one wire and power one wire. Very easy install since I have an sPod to wire it to.

What is an sPod?

12 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

First post here all.. just left the Ford club and picked up a new Silverado Thursday.. mods so far include bullring tie downs in the bed, drivers side assist handle, Tyger tonneau cover, GM rubber bed mat, GM plastic tailgate liner (dealer gave it to me for free! - Ford never did that) and a few more to come. Took it for a 400km drive today and averaged 9.6/100km .. got a total of 450km on the truck so far.. really impressed with the mileage of this truck.

20180827_192042.jpg

16829480882x400.jpg

Congrats on the new truck!  Just a heads up, if you use it like a truck and use the bed a lot, plastic liners will scratch up the inside of the bed and have rusting issues later on down the road. Line-x is a great option to prevent that. 

Chances are slim, but it still happens and I’ll see occasional posts about it. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for tip about the scratches.. hopefully the rubber bed mat will keep the scratches to a minimum.. first truck with a rubber mat, my Ford had a plastic liner in it and ya they do move around and scratch underneath. GM didn't offer a rubber tailgate liner so I went with the plastic one.. and it was free so I couldn't say no to that!

54 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

Thanks for tip about the scratches.. hopefully the rubber bed mat will keep the scratches to a minimum.. first truck with a rubber mat, my Ford had a plastic liner in it and ya they do move around and scratch underneath. GM didn't offer a rubber tailgate liner so I went with the plastic one.. and it was free so I couldn't say no to that!

I don't know how long you plan to keep the truck but be careful of then plastic liner as well. Those things are notorious for causing rust in the northeast.

They only cause problems when not installed properly or maintained properly. There has been a plastic liner in the bed of my 91 since new, and other than the scratches the bed is perfect, no rust at all. Take it out every couple years, clean and spray some undercoating or ever just a heavy weight oil, then put the liner back in. And the bed will last for ever.

Flipped my rear Fox 2.0 shocks over because...well, it just looks better with body up/shaft down and everyone told me they were upside-down before!  The instructions clearly state they can mount in either orientation, but they do look better this way and there is less unsprung weight.

Also, I touched up some spots in the frame wax with Nox-Rust while under there.

Fox 2.5 DSC coilovers will be here Tuesday.  I'm sure those will be a treat to install, but I'm hoping it isn't too bad.

They are not that bad. If your adjusting the ride height with the on the truck it is easier with a spring compressor.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, huntr1117 said:

I didn't install it all today but it's pretty recent...

5100s at stock height with my 2.25" readylift level.
New Kryptonite ball joints for my cognito UCAs. (I bought the UCAs used so I'm not sure how much abuse the cognito ball joints took but the drivers side was popping and had a lot of play)
Removed my factory Bose center console sub and replaced it with ebay 8" kicker comp R sub/box combo.
Removed my 10" passenger side sub/box and reinstalled my under seat storage.
00928ddb308ca2e359aa73a268c2a354.jpg

Hey by chance do you have the part number for the ball joint?