What have you done to your K2 today?

Started laying out my el wiring today.. need some help with the tie breaker vote.. red or blue?

large.20180828_172011.jpg.75a42bf5aad5ea77c2394a3144c7ee97.jpglarge.20180828_172049.jpg.b165d9fc623e57cfcf544f95e5a52234.jpglarge.20180828_201820.jpg.c19344f8c4b891d6ebc308e5d1a574f1.jpglarge.20180828_201744.jpg.758539ad74a37a642e38926bb92e580b.jpg

The el wire is temporarily setup.. the finished setup will end at the armrest like the daytime photos and not extend down along the switch panel. The problem I have is red or blue.. daytime the red pops more on the door panel but night time the blue matches the oem dash light

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

I say blue. And I also say that looks badass! Where did you get it?

eBay.. these were left over from another project but you can do all 4 doors for around $10 or so.. there are a ton of options on there for el wire

eBay.. these were left over from another project but you can do all 4 doors for around $10 or so.. there are a ton of options on there for el wire

I vote blue. Do you have a link for the one you bought? And how are you making it stay?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, CKrado said:

I vote blue. Do you have a link for the one you bought? And how are you making it stay?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you get the style of el wire that is like welting then you can simply push it into the cracks in your trim/upholstery. I did a quick eBay search and this is the kind to look for:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172860512467

47 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

another vote for blue! 

That said, don't you guys find having lights on at night when driving distracting?? Perhaps if you turn it way way down. Wife has used a reading light in the past, bugged me lol

I find that overhead lights or white light bugs me but the dash colors and such don't. I don't know if its more the color or position but doesn't seem to be an issue with other lights.

• Like 1

Started laying out my el wiring today.. need some help with the tie breaker vote.. red or blue?
large.20180828_172011.jpg.75a42bf5aad5ea77c2394a3144c7ee97.jpglarge.20180828_172049.jpg.b165d9fc623e57cfcf544f95e5a52234.jpglarge.20180828_201820.jpg.c19344f8c4b891d6ebc308e5d1a574f1.jpglarge.20180828_201744.jpg.758539ad74a37a642e38926bb92e580b.jpg
The el wire is temporarily setup.. the finished setup will end at the armrest like the daytime photos and not extend down along the switch panel. The problem I have is red or blue.. daytime the red pops more on the door panel but night time the blue matches the oem dash light

Are these dimmable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, stassin22 said:

Are these dimmable?

you can dim el wire.. typically it's done via pwm (think single bulb daytime running lights on cars).. although there are other diy methods that have been used. You can also buy ready to use dimmable el drivers. el wire is like led's in that there is a wide spectrum of quality, brightness and applications available out there.

you can dim el wire.. typically it's done via pwm (think single bulb daytime running lights on cars).. although there are other diy methods that have been used. You can also buy ready to use dimmable el drivers. el wire is like led's in that there is a wide spectrum of quality, brightness and applications available out there.

Well thanks for adding to my list of future mods and finances lol

• Haha 1

I wore el lights for a Halloween costume one year, did you hard wire yours or just the battery pack?

19 minutes ago, Deadpoollane said:

I wore el lights for a Halloween costume one year, did you hard wire yours or just the battery pack?

I hardwire everything.. but ya you can run el lighting from a battery pack with a some AA batteries to create "wearables"

If you think the ambient lighting may be too distracting check out Google and have a look at the OEM lighting options in the new Camaro's and Mercedes-Benz E class cars.. it's not for everyone but the Automobile industry acknowledges the custom car crowd

I hardwire everything.. but ya you can run el lighting from a battery pack with a some AA batteries to create "wearables"
If you think the ambient lighting may be too distracting check out Google and have a look at the OEM lighting options in the new Camaro's and Mercedes-Benz E class cars.. it's not for everyone but the Automobile industry acknowledges the custom car crowd

Yep, my 2010 camaro has the same look you made