What have you done to your K2 today?

11 minutes ago, Neallynein said:

I got one from autozone that and 0 am and fm only when I wasn’t in woodsy area (I live and drive in it) so I bought the recon one and it’s clear as the stock one. I got it for amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics, part number?

• Like 1

Just to add some info to the topic of stubby antenna. Length/height is going to be the primary indication of quality of reception. In most urban areas you can install a stubby with no real issue. You might notice a slight degradation in performance but nothing drastic. It's the rural areas you have to worry about. There is no replacement for height since it has to do with the size of the radio wave and speed at which is travels at. The smaller you go the more degradation in signal quality.

Personally I swapped for a real short one because I kept hitting it on the roof of my works parking garage (I sneak in but not by much) so I got a short one. I almost never listen to FM but the reception is trash by me (more rural) but when I drive into work (urban) it's fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Centex14 said:

I decided to drive over a screw at some point yesterday so I could give myself a flat.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

That was a terrible idea...... ?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, Penguin VII said:

Installed a new grille. I went back and forth for a long time but felt like this was a good look at a great price. Paid $112 shipped. Haven't hooked up the lights yet, need to figure out how to wire them so they come on with the amber running lights in the mirrors. Also unsure about the color. I like the black but it sort of reminds me of people who slap on fender flares without painting them, just looks unfinished. We will see.

Before

20181110_102518.thumb.jpg.4ca2d45c7abd2cd58d329679df4bb789.jpg

After

20181110_113653.thumb.jpg.fb11b9c729946abd2a4cc180ed372781.jpg20181110_113704.thumb.jpg.c72f0b16fde54257378b695fc7496f89.jpg20181110_113710.thumb.jpg.743eac28c5d9822ab188282ee23a22c9.jpg

Little more info on the grille. It is a two piece, so you can have each part painted separately if interested. Install was easy enough once you got the old grille off, but holy crap is that a pain. Fit and finish is nice but not quite OEM quality. If GM is the standard this is maybe 80-90% there, just a little more gap in areas than I'd like but worth the compromise for cost and all things considered for me. Led running lights look super cheapo, we will see how they work but I'm not expecting much, held on by the most tiny screws and the center one wasn't even bolted in right, I had to adjust. They do come with some of those waterproof connectors which is nice and seems to have enough wiring to route it nicely.

i really dig this grille. looks great on your truck.

5 hours ago, Centex14 said:

Sounded like fun at the time :doh

17 hours ago, Centex14 said:

I decided to drive over a screw at some point yesterday so I could give myself a flat.

.. that just plain sucks

.. but I hear they make pretty good snow tires lol

201602_0925_ifede_sm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, Centex14 said:

Keep that crap up there. It’s barely November and they are already forecasting freezing temps next week down here with rain which means ice.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

pictures like this make me actually appreciate the 98% humidity and 98 degree temp during summer her.