What have you done to your K2 today?

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Excellent job, better doing it step by step. So many people will just order everything at one time, better off step by step cause you know what you’re looking for after coil overs are installed.

Sent from above

I just plan on doing the coil overs with new UCAs and be done...or at least that's what I thought I was going to do LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FlipZ71 said:

Yes , stock UCA.    I will be upgrading those in a month. I wanted to make changes one step at a time. Tonight or tomorrow I'm removing the rear bilstein and installing the fox .

Which shocks did you get for the rear?  The 2.5s or the 2.0s?

Thank you, I will probably just do it all at the same time, then alignment and be done. Shout out to [mention=186622]TXGREEK[/mention] for his help in me starting to understand this all.

Step by step, everything is doable

Sent from above

I just plan on doing the coil overs with new UCAs and be done...or at least that's what I thought I was going to do LOL

Coilovers give the best ride period and if you know [emoji817]% you’re staying leveled I’d just do the Fox 2.0 up front (cheapest quality coilover) and go from there.

Sent from above

Btw, with the Fox 2.0 you do not need new uca’s, save your money and buy awesome rear shocks to go with the ones up front.

Sent from above
  • Thanks 1

Trying the 2.0 on the rear....  if I dont like them they will be up for sale  [emoji16]

You’ll be fine with the 2.0’s. I opted for the 2.0 rear piggyback resi’s and add a leaf on mine, excellent ride quality. Better not to stiff so you can add a leaf rather than to stiff.

Sent from above

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

You’ll be fine with the 2.0’s. I opted for the 2.0 rear piggyback resi’s and add a leaf on mine, excellent ride quality. Better not to stiff so you can add a leaf rather than to stiff.

I already have the added leaf installed. I couldn't stand the way the rear squatted with the stock 3 springs....  

• Like 1

I already have the added leaf installed. I couldn't stand the way the rear squatted with the stock 3 springs....  

Sorry if I’ve missed your thread, what’s your current setup, lift, leveled?

Sent from above

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sorry if I’ve missed your thread, what’s your current setup, lift, leveled?

Originally installed a zone 4.5 lift with bilsteins and an added leaf in rear. 

Swapped out the front strut assembly with the 4-6 inch 2.5 Fox 

• Like 1

Originally installed a zone 4.5 lift with bilsteins and an added leaf in rear. 
 Swapped out the front strut assembly with the 4-6 inch 2.5 Fox 

You did great doing this. I bet it’s a much more controlled and yet smoother ride quality versus the Bilsteins. I did the same height lift, the guys threw on the Bilsteins front and rear thinking I’d be happy, ordered and swapped out for the coil overs and huge difference over just Bilsteins. Not that Bilsteins are bad (I’ve got the whole set along with front coilovers in a box) but you do notice a big difference. Be safe

Sent from above

6 hours ago, Styles_888 said:

I contemplated this location but opted for the back wall, are you concerned of heat buildup?  What amp?

The amp is a JL Audio xd700/5v2 and I had it temporarily in there for a while with no heat issues so I think it will be fine (I was going to drill some holes for air flow but doesn't seem they will be needed. I was planning to mount the amp on the back wall but I changed subs to a JL 13tw5 and the enclosure spans the entire rear wall so no room. IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.9a91422b98183f6f7b6b7f6a35e42fb2.JPG 

The amp is a JL Audio xd700/5v2 and I had it temporarily in there for a while with no heat issues so I think it will be fine (I was going to drill some holes for air flow but doesn't seem they will be needed. I was planning to mount the amp on the back wall but I changed subs to a JL 13tw5 and the enclosure spans the entire rear wall so no room. IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.9a91422b98183f6f7b6b7f6a35e42fb2.JPG 

Glad to see I'm not the only one running around with gray cloth seats and a black leather jump seat lol.[emoji23]672ba7959118ba1b55fc11ee3f714b33.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Haha 1