What have you done to your K2 today?

16 hours ago, SS502 said:

No, here is a link to their FAQs. I put my old one in a little ziplock baggie just in case this ever failed on me, it’s sitting in the bottom of my center console with the gas can funnel/adaptor and wheel lock key. It was $30 and change so I’m good with it being a one time deal.

https://www.boltlock.com/faq

***One nice thing is let’s say you have two or three locks (they have several types of locks available) or even 10! Like an RV that uses one of these and 3 paddle locks, one on tongue latch, one on utility trailer ramp and one on an exterior tool box, well if they are all BOLT locks, you only need 1 key for all 4 locks ?

Yea, I have a collection of them too. Someone has to know how to rekey the damn things, I have the hitch pin, and locks, mostly because my Chevy's get bought back every 2 years.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, txrangersfan said:

Paint correction.  Clear bra and ceramic coat are next.

Paint Correction1 020519_Small.jpg

Paint Correction2 020519_Small.jpg

Your flairs are very subtle I like that! Where did you find them? I ended up having line x spray my wheel wells and fender flairs on because I didnt want anything to obnoxious sticking out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lightning_Lugo said:

Your flairs are very subtle I like that! Where did you find them? I ended up having line x spray my wheel wells and fender flairs on because I didnt want anything to obnoxious sticking out. 

His whole truck is subtle and very tastefully done. Being a Sierra owner, I took the fender flairs for granted but now realize the Silverado normally doesn’t have them. I like his truck a lot...I love my Summit white but if there had been a Sierra on the dealers lot in that color, I’m not so sure I’d have white lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got the windows tinted. 5% all around, 35% full windshield and 5% sun strip.

Have paint matched door handles and mirror caps waiting to go on when the rain stops. As well as hid’s from headlight revolution.

It’s getting leveled with Fox 2.0 front coil-overs and 2.0 rear shocks. Then the 33x12.50x20 Kenda Klever RT’s go on.

1ea438b9291d4e9c1f134296c88b7ee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lightning_Lugo said:

Thanks.  That's what I was going for.  The fender flares and the +1 offset on the wheels give it a just enough wider stance that I like.

Flares are GM Part No. 84007564.  I used my chevy rewards discount to get them from the dealer.  The box they come in is huge so getting them at the dealer saved some shipping costs.

8 hours ago, txrangersfan said:

Thanks.  That's what I was going for.  The fender flares and the +1 offset on the wheels give it a just enough wider stance that I like.

Flares are GM Part No. 84007564.  I used my chevy rewards discount to get them from the dealer.  The box they come in is huge so getting them at the dealer saved some shipping costs.

Oh wow the flares are a gm part?! Totally didnt see that coming! What a neat find I haven't seen anything else like em!

Finally got the windows tinted. 5% all around, 35% full windshield and 5% sun strip.

Have paint matched door handles and mirror caps waiting to go on when the rain stops. As well as hid’s from headlight revolution.

It’s getting leveled with Fox 2.0 front coil-overs and 2.0 rear shocks. Then the 33x12.50x20 Kenda Klever RT’s go on.

1ea438b9291d4e9c1f134296c88b7ee8.jpg

Looks good, but I gotta ask why tint the windshield? I know obviously it’s to block the sun. Is it even legal? I have zero desire to do so since I like to see where I’m going. It’s a trend that I’ve noticed is increasing in popularity. Just seems hilariously dangerous.

I had my old Impala tinted at legal levels and hated going anywhere after dark. I can’t imagine having the windshield tinted as well.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DirtyAndy said:

Looks good, but I gotta ask why tint the windshield? I know obviously it’s to block the sun. Is it even legal? I have zero desire to do so since I like to see where I’m going. It’s a trend that I’ve noticed is increasing in popularity. Just seems hilariously dangerous.

I had my old Impala tinted at legal levels and hated going anywhere after dark. I can’t imagine having the windshield tinted as well.

While it looks great, here in Florida that’ll get you pulled over and impounded...unless you can strip it off in front of the LE. They’re pretty forgiving here as most every FHP has limousine black on their sides and back but they’d get ya for that. Reminds me of the 58 Plymouth in Christine and it looked bada$$ too but probably wasn’t easy to drive at night...still the truck looks great!!

65F6E354-22C5-4256-8A5C-16F96EC7B58C.jpeg

1FEDDB5C-9233-442E-908F-C9CD2399B122.jpeg

Edited by SS502
Added FHP pic

110% for privacy.

Legal, no, on a federal level supposedly, as I was told by a sheriff deputy I seen at a gas station leaving Orlando Fl in my wife’s suburban (same exact tint). He didn’t hassle me, just said if the whole thing is tinted that it could be a $160 fine and he left.

Can I see through it to safely drive at night? Yes.

Though it is a little tricky backing up at night out in the country. But I’m more than used to it by now. Every vehicle I’ve had for the last 15 years has been tinted the exact same. And nothing but a warning so far legally.

As far as I’m concerned, no one else needs to be able to see inside my vehicle what so ever.

Set in one like this and you wouldn’t be able to tell the whole windshield is even tinted. It’s only 35%. Seems clear from the inside.

30 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. installed UPR plug n play catch can today.. very happy with it.

large.20190207_173401.jpg.ea801d4f332d775e524c589c1a9a5244.jpg

Your engine bay looks great. Wonder if that cover is available for the 6.2? Now worries on me stealing your badge idea, I don’t play that way! Love Star Wars but not into outright thievery ?...maybe put Sierra and something more personal where your ST is...maybe the Oregon “O” ?

9F756276-9EBA-4602-B438-1833D84BC04F.jpeg

27 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Your engine bay looks great. Wonder if that cover is available for the 6.2? Now worries on me stealing your badge idea, I don’t play that way! Love Star Wars but not into outright thievery ?...maybe put Sierra and something more personal where your ST is...maybe the Oregon “O” ?

9F756276-9EBA-4602-B438-1833D84BC04F.jpeg

.. it sure is.. it's actually a Caddy 6.2 cover.. have a look at this thread all the info and part #'s are in there including badging options

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1