What have you done to your K2 today?

4 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. it sure is.. it's actually a Caddy 6.2 cover.. have a look at this thread all the info and part #'s are in there including badging options

Haven’t read that yet...hope it’s compatible with the 2018 ?

28 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. it sure is.. it's actually a Caddy 6.2 cover.. have a look at this thread all the info and part #'s are in there including badging options

Do you know if that part number listed in that thread works on a 2018 Sierra 6.2? It shows for a 2014 Caddy 6.2 and 2015 Suburban 5.3

110% for privacy.

Legal, no, on a federal level supposedly, as I was told by a sheriff deputy I seen at a gas station leaving Orlando Fl in my wife’s suburban (same exact tint). He didn’t hassle me, just said if the whole thing is tinted that it could be a $160 fine and he left.

Can I see through it to safely drive at night? Yes.

Though it is a little tricky backing up at night out in the country. But I’m more than used to it by now. Every vehicle I’ve had for the last 15 years has been tinted the exact same. And nothing but a warning so far legally.

As far as I’m concerned, no one else needs to be able to see inside my vehicle what so ever.

Set in one like this and you wouldn’t be able to tell the whole windshield is even tinted. It’s only 35%. Seems clear from the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right there with ya! I've had my full windshield tinted at 35% on all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and never an issue with LEO's or visibility. It helps with sun and on coming headlights at night but the driver barely notices the tint. Personally I think brows are much more obvious to point out and get in trouble for than a full windshield.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The caddy engine cover should work 2014-18 sierra or Silverado, 5.3 and 6.2. I bought one off a 2016 caddy 6.2 and have it on my 17 5.3 silverado. The only thing you need if your truck doesn't have or the cover doesn't come with are the studs

Right there with ya! I've had my full windshield tinted at 35% on all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and never an issue with LEO's or visibility. It helps with sun and on coming headlights at night but the driver barely notices the tint. Personally I think brows are much more obvious to point out and get in trouble for than a full windshield.

Exactly. That’s why my upper sun strip is applied after the full 35% and therefore much less noticeable from outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SS502 said:

While it looks great, here in Florida that’ll get you pulled over and impounded...unless you can strip it off in front of the LE. They’re pretty forgiving here as most every FHP has limousine black on their sides and back but they’d get ya for that. Reminds me of the 58 Plymouth in Christine and it looked bada$$ too but probably wasn’t easy to drive at night...still the truck looks great!!

1FEDDB5C-9233-442E-908F-C9CD2399B122.jpeg

Thank you for your service!!!

22 minutes ago, Crstfr said:

Thank you for your service!!!

Hey Chris...I can't take the thank you for being a LE...that was a picture I used to show that here in Florida the FHP has dark tinted windows. I am retired USAF after 22.5 years though :thumbs: But like you, I appreciate all our First Responders so cheers! 

BUT...my buddy is and his son picked up this 53 Suburban!

Edited by SS502
  • Like 3

Installed a Range AFM disable device. Now before I get beat up for not getting a tuner, I am still under warranty AND I don’t know enough about them. I wanted something that can’t be found by the dealer. Now with that out of the way...it was soooo nice to use all 8 gears without going into V4 once. Should have bought this the day I bought truck. I verified this is the latest version 8.6R1 purchased from Range. $199 with $10 off and free Priority USPS mail.

75B475B3-1C91-41BB-B847-C891A7F6F60A.jpeg

• Like 1