What have you done to your K2 today?

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Not in the glass. This is how they were wired up out of the box. Since my door handles are white running lights, I didn’t want to have amber running lights on the mirrors, so I made them all behave as a turn signal and flash amber like the handles and front headlight. Keeping the same lighting profile.

a5cc8c31bcd8ba53e0f03413b5524db6.jpg

aaa21b2d38bb65a286f2d8ee68398699.jpg

d2620497d1f8c4b3a6868151f32c88a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of truck magic is this!? You are so  clever with the wires and the electrical thingies! 

• Like 2

Installed diablo stock tune today. Wow!

Do elaborate. What’s your truck set up? 6 or 8 speed? Tell me the pros and cons. I’ve been tossing around this idea for a while. The more I drive my truck, the more things I nitpick about the way it drives. Throttle lag, weird shifts in V4 mode with the 8 speed, etc.

4 hours ago, pgamboa said:

- Testing out these aftermarket DL3 Mirrors. They support power fold and memory (just like the factory DL3s)

More about these mirrors please. Are they offered in colors other than black ?

I have a set of factory DL3 mirrors to put on my 2018 Silverado LT but these look interesting.

Not in the glass. This is how they were wired up out of the box. Since my door handles are white running lights, I didn’t want to have amber running lights on the mirrors, so I made them all behave as a turn signal and flash amber like the handles and front headlight. Keeping the same lighting profile.

a5cc8c31bcd8ba53e0f03413b5524db6.jpg

aaa21b2d38bb65a286f2d8ee68398699.jpg

d2620497d1f8c4b3a6868151f32c88a6.jpg

These mirrors would be perfect if they had switch backs!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

These mirrors would be perfect if they had switch backs!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes! I’ve already opened discussions about switchbacks [emoji6]

Man. And here I was all happy to post that I put LED backup bulbs in and LED license plate bulbs. Then ya got this guy with illuminated door handles and fancy mirrors.

Post it up! I’ve gotten many ideas from this thread! [emoji51].

More about these mirrors please. Are they offered in colors other than black ?

I have a set of factory DL3 mirrors to put on my 2018 Silverado LT but these look interesting.

Just gloss black but can be color matched.

1AMRP01660 is the part # from 1A Auto.

• Like 2

Been a while since posting here since I barely get any time to myself these days [emoji4]

- Picked up an embossed grille and stole the upper trim off of it. Retrofitted it into my grille.

- Got my headlights back on. Got the corners cleared with Klearz (courtesy of Crisp GM Customs).

- Testing out these aftermarket DL3 Mirrors. They support power fold and memory (just like the factory DL3s)

- Handles are now switchbacks (courtesy of Crisp GM Customs)

- Truck got a bath (LOL) - so neglected.

UPR Catch Can, Borla Catback Exhaust, and new NavTV - GM650, and Redline Emblems are next on the list to be installed - IF I can get a free day.

7acef2bdf8fdaacf93f6fd54f37b65e5.jpg

04c0d5e408588998cb89490ce7810c1e.jpg

7705a5d00625eef7a0bbce3918568e0a.jpg

Are you mirror puddle lamps not white led? And what mirrors are those? Caddy?

Post it up! I’ve gotten many ideas from this thread! [emoji51].

Hah. True. For the reverse lights I got a set from American Trucks. Axial brand 210 lumen. They’re pricey, but I didn’t want to mess with resistors and such. They have a 410 lumen kit, but $90 is really steep for backup lights.

https://www.americantrucks.com/axial-210-lumen-backup-light-led-conversion-kit-921-14117.html

For the license plate lights, I had some of these left over from converting some bulbs over in my Malibu. These do need to be inserted the right way or they don’t work. But, they look more “modern” than the yellowish incandescent bulbs.

Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cWQzCb3AP594S

Here’s a bad photo in the single digit morning temps to kind of showcase them.

9448ed9a27cf9596d5c43cba21f2ce25.jpg
  • Like 3

Hah. True. For the reverse lights I got a set from American Trucks. Axial brand 210 lumen. They’re pricey, but I didn’t want to mess with resistors and such. They have a 410 lumen kit, but $90 is really steep for backup lights.

https://www.americantrucks.com/axial-210-lumen-backup-light-led-conversion-kit-921-14117.html

For the license plate lights, I had some of these left over from converting some bulbs over in my Malibu. These do need to be inserted the right way or they don’t work. But, they look more “modern” than the yellowish incandescent bulbs.

Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cWQzCb3AP594S

Here’s a bad photo in the single digit morning temps to kind of showcase them.

9448ed9a27cf9596d5c43cba21f2ce25.jpg

I’ve also learned a lot from this thread too. For example, you mentioned not wanting to worry about resistors. I learned that resistors are only needed for the turn signal circuit if you replace incandescent for LED (for to the current draw). I guess there is some FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) regulation that requires the turn signal to have some method of detecting a bulb “outage”... so this is achieved by programming the BCM to look for the correct current draw. For any other lights... you can swap to LED all day long. Turn signals... require resistors. :)

There is always something new that I learn from this thread... so I encourage any mod, large or small, to be posted for that reason :)

• Like 1

Are you mirror puddle lamps not white led? And what mirrors are those? Caddy?

They are white LED (shines downward). SUV platform mirrors won’t fit. These are specific to K2 Trucks. They are from 1A Auto, but I got them directly from the Manufacture in Taiwan.

• Like 1

I’ve also learned a lot from this thread too. For example, you mentioned not wanting to worry about resistors. I learned that resistors are only needed for the turn signal circuit if you replace incandescent for LED (for to the current draw). I guess there is some FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) regulation that requires the turn signal to have some method of detecting a bulb “outage”... so this is achieved by programming the BCM to look for the correct current draw. For any other lights... you can swap to LED all day long. Turn signals... require resistors. [emoji4]

There is always something new that I learn from this thread... so I encourage any mod, large or small, to be posted for that reason [emoji4]

I’ve read stories about LED reverse lamps staying lit, so I wasn’t sure.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DirtyAndy said:

Do elaborate. What’s your truck set up? 6 or 8 speed? Tell me the pros and cons. I’ve been tossing around this idea for a while. The more I drive my truck, the more things I nitpick about the way it drives. Throttle lag, weird shifts in V4 mode with the 8 speed, etc.

I have a 5.3L 6 speed Silverado.  I installed the Diablosport preset 87 Octane ECM Tune and the Firm Shift TCM tune.  The truck has more consistent pep now with smoother, firmer shifts.  A couple months ago I was considering trading up to an 8 speed thinking more shifts might be smoother.  Am glad I did this instead.  Can hardly wait to get my DiabLew custom tune done in a few weeks. 

Bear in mind that unless something changed recently I don't think the 8 speed transmission can be tuned yet...

17 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Been a while since posting here since I barely get any time to myself these days :)

- Picked up an embossed grille and stole the upper trim off of it. Retrofitted it into my grille.

- Got my headlights back on. Got the corners cleared with Klearz (courtesy of Crisp GM Customs).

- Handles are now switchbacks (courtesy of Crisp GM Customs)

- Truck got a bath (LOL) - so neglected.

UPR Catch Can, Borla Catback Exhaust, and new NavTV - GM650, and Redline Emblems are next on the list to be installed - IF I can get a free day.

7acef2bdf8fdaacf93f6fd54f37b65e5.jpg

04c0d5e408588998cb89490ce7810c1e.jpg

7705a5d00625eef7a0bbce3918568e0a.jpg

There just isn't any other way to say this...Phil you have one bada$$ truck right there!

• Like 1