What have you done to your K2 today?

I have a 5.3L 6 speed Silverado.  I installed the Diablosport preset 87 Octane ECM Tune and the Firm Shift TCM tune.  The truck has more consistent pep now with smoother, firmer shifts.  A couple months ago I was considering trading up to an 8 speed thinking more shifts might be smoother.  Am glad I did this instead.  Can hardly wait to get my DiabLew custom tune done in a few weeks. 

Bear in mind that unless something changed recently I don't think the 8 speed transmission can be tuned yet...

I believe it can be tuned now. I love the 8 speed transmission. I was hesitant at first for sure. It always finds the powerband.

1 minute ago, DirtyAndy said:

I believe it can be tuned now. I love the 8 speed transmission. I was hesitant at first for sure. It always finds the powerband.

I believe you have to send off your TCM to be unlocked and then it can be tuned. @1SLOW1500 can probably confirm or at least update this belief.

.. been testing this "mod" for a while now and it works great. Absolutely cannot justify the $14.99/mo CDN for the onstar/mychevrolet app to extend your keyfob functions to your phone to remote lock/unlock, start your truck (unless you were lucky and got your truck before the policy change).. so found a Free app on the Google play store called GMRC that does this via a compatible OBDII scanner (I use OBDLink MX) and a slave cell phone.. free, no monthly fees.. simple, leave your/spouse cell in the truck then the app sends a sms text code that the app identifies and presto.. unlock the door, start the truck etc.

Screenshot_20190215-174655_GMRC.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. been testing this "mod" for a while now and it works great. Absolutely cannot justify the $14.99/mo CDN for the onstar/mychevrolet app to extend your keyfob functions to your phone to remote lock/unlock, start your truck (unless you were lucky and got your truck before the policy change).. so found a Free app on the Google play store called GMRC that does this via a compatible OBDII scanner (I use OBDLink MX) and a slave cell phone.. free, no monthly fees.. simple, leave your/spouse cell in the truck then the app sends a sms text code that the app identifies and presto.. unlock the door, start the truck etc.

Screenshot_20190215-174655_GMRC.jpg

Seems kinda worthless if you have to leave your phone in the truck. Or did I miss something?

If I have color matched caps already,  will the caps fit these mirrors?

Not sure. I am removing my driver side mirror and will tear it apart. At first glass, I think it would.

I had excessive vibration on the glass and hearing a clicking sound during fold operations. So the manufacture is sending me another one. So I’ll have the opportunity to tear this one apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

There just isn't any other way to say this...Phil you have one bada$$ truck right there!

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words! Worked hard to get it where it is at... paying attention to the little details too. Learning, sharing, and always changing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words! Worked hard to get it where it is at... paying attention to the little details too. Learning, sharing, and always changing.

I guess you cannot connect with crisp gm customs unless you are on facebook? No website?

Yes they are able to tune the 8SPEED. Some need to be mailed in to be unlocked. But worth it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is there a certain set of VIN numbers that tell you if you have to send it in or something similar?

15 minutes ago, DirtyAndy said:

Is there a certain set of VIN numbers that tell you if you have to send it in or something similar?

I think it’s more the year...all 2018 Sierra/Silverado 1500 series 8 speeds have to have the TCM sent off for unlock, I believe the 2017 too but I’m not sure on that. Someone @1SLOW1500 knows way more than I do on this subject but so do a lot of others so hopefully they can chime in but if you have a 2018 then yes you have to send it off.

***just checked your profile and you list a 2018 so yep, gotta send it off***

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

I think it’s more the year...all 2018 Sierra/Silverado 1500 series 8 speeds have to have the TCM sent off for unlock, I believe the 2017 too but I’m not sure on that. Someone [mention=118595]1SLOW1500[/mention] knows way more than I do on this subject but so do a lot of others so hopefully they can chime in but if you have a 2018 then yes you have to send it off.
***just checked your profile and you list a 2018 so yep, gotta send it off***

Sigh. Lol.