What have you done to your K2 today?

How would this done if I have a catch can? Would I just spray it in the clean return pcv line coming out from the catch can? Wouldn't spraying it in the throttle body just result in it being collected in the catch can and never making it to the valves?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Best to slide the tip of the straw under the tube just before the throttle body. And spray slow with truck running but ideally run the throttle up a little. This way it gets the whole intake and the tb. The pcv vent on the intake ports low on the driver side. I can also tell you the drivers rear gets most air pull and there for most cleaner.
Sea foam is also great stuff but again there is a lot of misinformation out about use. That is ran in tank oil and intake. Lots of smoke but makes the difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Has anyone upgraded their HID bulbs? I’m happy with the light they cast out, but disappointed with the color tone. They seem like they’re around 4,000-4,200K and to match the LED fogs they should be around 5,000-5,500K.

I just prefer a whiter light than OEM. I have no interest in messing with the actual projector and upgrading that with something like Morimoto.

Also has anyone used these tail lights yet? I don’t even see a brand on there. I just like that they’re cheaper than the Axial brand.

https://www.americantrucks.com/led-tail-lights-smoked-1418-silverado-1500-w-o-factory-led-tail-lights.html
I've been running these for over a year and have had good luck with them. They are significantly brighter and a crisper white (upgraded bulb on the right). Depending on when you order you might still be able to get 15% off with "MovinOnUp" promo code.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d5s-morimoto-xb-hid.html?carDisplay=2017+Chevrolet+Silverado+1500+%28HID+Equipped%29&preselect=&preselect_restrict=121c753eab4d31d6648ac26a71d9e7e04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, knkguillot said:

How would this done if I have a catch can? Would I just spray it in the clean return pcv line coming out from the catch can? Wouldn't spraying it in the throttle body just result in it being collected in the catch can and never making it to the valves?

Just remove the clean side hose from the catch can and spray it in there.  The other end of the hose should be going directly into the side of the intake

Has anyone upgraded their HID bulbs? I’m happy with the light they cast out, but disappointed with the color tone. They seem like they’re around 4,000-4,200K and to match the LED fogs they should be around 5,000-5,500K.

I just prefer a whiter light than OEM. I have no interest in messing with the actual projector and upgrading that with something like Morimoto.

Also has anyone used these tail lights yet? I don’t even see a brand on there. I just like that they’re cheaper than the Axial brand.

https://www.americantrucks.com/led-tail-lights-smoked-1418-silverado-1500-w-o-factory-led-tail-lights.html

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232928332469
This is what I’m running. Direct Bolt-on. Great output and great price. It’s a little blue. So it’s not gonna be the same color as the fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, knkguillot said:

As stated, use the clean side out line off the catch can as @Jacoby said, it goes to the intake (on the drivers side on the 5.3 and slightly to the right upper side of the TB on the 6.2) or as @1SLOW1500 said above. The catch can doesn't pull from the intake manifold, it delivers clean air to the intake manifold. It is getting the dirty side air from the PCV (and valve covers on a dual can setup), then "filters/separates" the oil and contaminants out of the air that gets pulled into the intake and down your intake valves.

I've been running these for over a year and have had good luck with them. They are significantly brighter and a crisper white (upgraded bulb on the right). Depending on when you order you might still be able to get 15% off with "MovinOnUp" promo code.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d5s-morimoto-xb-hid.html?carDisplay=2017+Chevrolet+Silverado+1500+%28HID+Equipped%29&preselect=&preselect_restrict=121c753eab4d31d6648ac26a71d9e7e04.jpg

Was it a quick swap? Or you have to do extra work to modify (changing some electronics or cables)?

I have a Tahoe with 3DS Osram 4300K and planning to upgrade

No modifications at all. All I had to do was remove the dust caps, release the OEM ballast/bulb component, unplug and then install the new one. Driver side took 2 minutes on my truck. Passenger took longer because I had to remove the air box to get to the back of the headlamp.

• Like 5

No modifications at all. All I had to do was remove the dust caps, release the OEM ballast/bulb component, unplug and then install the new one. Driver side took 2 minutes on my truck. Passenger took longer because I had to remove the air box to get to the back of the headlamp.

Thanks for sharing the link. They’re proud of those bulbs, I’m sure Morimoto bulbs are worth it though.

Thank you for sharing the information

30bd102391adaab6da7b02aaced3f777.jpg

2x Kicker VSS Substage Enclosures 10” with the Bose system(front bench seat). Designed for Right Rear seat only but simple enough to modify for the left rear seat also. Added Illuminated billet push button switches/relays to allow for bypass of both, independent operation, or simultaneous operation. Pretty impressed by the output!

• Like 5

Installed the Barricade HD Extreme off road bumper over the weekend. Love it and the way it looks. Only issue is with the aftermarket LED fog lights that came with it I was under the impression that they were plug and play into the harness that went to original ones on factory bumper. They have there own switch to mount inside the cab. I'm not good by any means with vehicle electrical wiring and would love to wire them to the factory fog light button inside the cab so everything could stay original. 

2qe2hV.jpg

• Like 2

30bd102391adaab6da7b02aaced3f777.jpg

2x Kicker VSS Substage Enclosures 10” with the Bose system(front bench seat). Designed for Right Rear seat only but simple enough to modify for the left rear seat also. Added Illuminated billet push button switches/relays to allow for bypass of both, independent operation, or simultaneous operation. Pretty impressed by the output!

I’m assuming you used the factory t-splice harness from the back of the head unit to both subs? How did you splice to both? Thanks.

No t-splice harness, military splice in left kick panel. Harnesses in kit are sized pretty appropriately, grounds to factory bolt in left kick also. I pulled RAP for my switches/relays from left side dash fuse panel as the way they come from kicker is a signal sense turn on for the amps and I found that they would like to stay on constantly(unnecessary power consumption/battery draw) which I’m not a big fan of

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crankycolnago said:

Just got my bed rug in and installed it took about 30 minutes to do so and it just looks bad ass . Next is a roll in hard cover to replace the soft one I have . 

10929629-6B7C-446A-95E9-2EB19BE60022.jpeg

That does look pretty dang good!

• Like 1