What have you done to your K2 today?

8 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Flog away...I installed the Pedal Commander. Works great and yes I know all the reasons why it’s a waste of money but I’ve pissed away a lot more on a meal.

I’m thinking of getting one too I really don’t want to start messing w a tune yet 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crankycolnago said:

I’m thinking of getting one too I really don’t want to start messing w a tune yet 

Me either 1) I am very ignorant on the tuning and 2) I’m still under warranty 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Booo you suck... But really I can see the appeal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You do realize I am using the word ignorant to describe my lack of knowledge in the tuning world. Trust me when the warranty is done, I’m gonna pick your brain lol

Edited by SS502

7 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Pictures, how hard, price?

Pictures...no because I have it all tucked up and hidden. Here is a picture of the app. It is as simple as it can be. Unplug pedal harness, plug into Pedal Commander harness, then plug the other end of the PC harness into the gas pedal. Find a place to hide it or it comes with a Velcro patch and bracket (like the old pagers used to have) to mount inside/dash area. I got mine off Amazon, $279 with overnight shipping free. They actually got it to me over night too.....USPS has NOTHING on UPS. I will say that I did wait for about an hour after I shut the truck off before I disconnected the pedal harness, it says to wait 15 minutes to ensure all the systems are shut down so you don't kick a CEL. If you have a proximity system, it tells you to leave the Fob 30 feet or more away so it doesn't wake up the system as you're about to disconnect something. I have tried to get it to fail but nothing I have done has caused an issue. Lastly, it does not work with Cruise Control on (which I like) so after you have fun getting to a cruising speed, just engage CC and the throttle acts stock until you kick CC off. There, long post but you asked...I've been trying LOL I was gonna be a smarta$$ and answer you like this:

No, easy, <$300

PC.png

12 hours ago, Crankycolnago said:

Just got my bed rug in and installed it took about 30 minutes to do so and it just looks bad ass . Next is a roll in hard cover to replace the soft one I have . 

10929629-6B7C-446A-95E9-2EB19BE60022.jpeg

Did you have the spray in liner under this? Just wonder if it fits properly w/liner.

1 hour ago, SS502 said:

Did you have the spray in liner under this? Just wonder if it fits properly w/liner.

Yes i did have the spray on liner, if fits perfect. I just drove the truck today and holly crap!!!! the dampening of the bed makes it feel like a total different vehicle. now the bed doesnt sounds like a large tin can when i hit bumps. Highly recomended.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, ViennaMalt said:

Installed some footwell lighting this morning in 25°F weather. Super happy with the way it turned out. I tapped into the dome light wire in the BCM so they dim on and off with the doors opening/closing.

I used this kit from Amazon for $15.99. The modules seem to be of really nice quality and come with 3M backing tape and hardware to mount; plus 16' of wiring harness.  

Now I'm planning on using the remaining eight modules in the bed, but I'm not sure about where to tap into -- any advice? I've seen some tap into the reverse lights so they come on when unlocking the truck and others buy the wiring harness for the factory lights...can I tap into into something that is always on back there and mount a switch somehow? Thanks for any ideas!

Oh, and I also did the H9 and 9011 headlight modifications last night in conjunction with my fogs always on mod. Looking great!

20190224_023936445_iOS.jpg

20190224_023944559_iOS.jpg

You can tap into the trailer harness under the rear of the bed, that's what I did. How did you mount those under the front seats? I like that

I changed my bulbs out on my headlights and I didnt seal the dust cap tightly and it fell off and condensation and moisture got in the headlight. Now this turned into a "might as well paint the inner headlights and install switchbacks DRL lights" kind of moment. Still need to clean off the adhesive and install the switch backs and paint the chrome area White Diamond Pearl

20190226_194027.thumb.jpg.ba6f134ea2f61a67ce360d048ac46b55.jpg20190226_224555.thumb.jpg.46e8182fd3005c6cb1671399ba3406eb.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, SS502 said:

Installed my engine cover...changing the Cadillac emblem tomorrow to a USAF emblem...I retired from the Air Force in 2002 and still work for them as a civilian.

22DF2308-88D6-4802-90A4-299F738933C8.jpeg

DCC5C7E6-3652-45F8-A744-5F1A2C3B8147.jpeg

Very nice. From one vet to another, thank you for your service. Semper Fi

• Thanks 1