What have you done to your K2 today?

It really is, normally I don't care for the de-badged look but his has the perfect balance of chrome accents to make those wheels really look good. BTW, you got me very interested in the ceramic...the more I see it the more I want it. Not sure how it will look on white but I'm probably gonna do it. I will have to pay a bit more than you did (just the pricing down here) but I think it's gonna be money well spent. :thumbs:

Thanks!!

Ceramic coating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Thanks!!

Ceramic coating?

Yes, my reply was to @dieselfan1's comment on your truck and his ceramic coating! Your truck looks great and he just did the ceramic.

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

Or you could just wax it lol

Yeah, unfortunately where I am at even a good wax starts degrading within 3 weeks. I park under a cover at home but at work it sits outside. I live very close to the Gulf of Mexico (literally 100 yards from the water) and that may have something to do with it. My old a$$ gets tired waxing it :(. Now my GF's car gets waxed but it's rarely driven and stays in the garage most of the time, her car can go about 8-10 months with wax. I am not sure the ceramic will make it look any better on a white truck but what the hell. Another thing may be that even while at work I am very close to an active flightline/runway so the air quality isn't all that good here either.

• Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately where I am at even a good wax starts degrading within 3 weeks. I park under a cover at home but at work it sits outside. I live very close to the Gulf of Mexico (literally 100 yards from the water) and that may have something to do with it. My old a$$ gets tired waxing it [emoji20]. Now my GF's car gets waxed but it's rarely driven and stays in the garage most of the time, her car can go about 8-10 months with wax. I am not sure the ceramic will make it look any better on a white truck but what the hell. Another thing may be that even while at work I am very close to an active flightline/runway so the air quality isn't all that good here either.

You do know that Wax On, Wax Off is good cardio. Today’s wax isn’t the same as growing up, there’s all sorts of synthetic ingredients involved that really help the life of the wax as well as filling out some fine swirling

Sent from above

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Yeah, unfortunately where I am at even a good wax starts degrading within 3 weeks. I park under a cover at home but at work it sits outside. I live very close to the Gulf of Mexico (literally 100 yards from the water) and that may have something to do with it. My old a$$ gets tired waxing it :(. Now my GF's car gets waxed but it's rarely driven and stays in the garage most of the time, her car can go about 8-10 months with wax. I am not sure the ceramic will make it look any better on a white truck but what the hell. Another thing may be that even while at work I am very close to an active flightline/runway so the air quality isn't all that good here either.

Sounds like maybe it would be for your benefit then.  Go for it

• Thanks 1

Yes, my reply was to [mention=193007]dieselfan1[/mention]'s comment on your truck and his ceramic coating! Your truck looks great and he just did the ceramic.

Aahh gotcha thanks! I’m a fan of CC as long as it’s quality, i didn’t have much luck with it on my wheels unfortunately.

53 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Sounds like maybe it would be for your benefit then.  Go for it

I think you're right, this is about 50 yards from where I park, it is where they wash the aircraft, we have a very salty environment here :sleep:

130.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

https://caboveramerica.com/ 

Yup, their is a tiny PV panel inside the lens.  I haven't pulled them apart yet but will tonight when we install.  

The sharkfin will dictate the layout which is nice, this way there is only a few ways the lights can layout, better than have infinite options.  We;ll get into analysis paralysis. 

Bingo!

Guys, I'll follow up with the video on this one pretty quick.  Lots of inquiries about it.  These are going on the maroon Silverado on my channel.  We just installed the BAP mirrors, these cab lights are to compliment his white DRL side marker lights. 

Someone put on some wired ones, and didn't worry about the sharkfin antenna, just put them on "in their correct spots" anyways.

Couldn’t be happier with how well the wireless cab lights went on! They match the Boost Auto switchbacks real well.

Here's the link to the install, honestly really impressed with how well these guys installed.  

Pulled our the SLR for a better night show.
IMG_0933.thumb.JPG.ec66df6a9084fc186963899583c7cc24.JPG

iPhone night shot

IMG_3101.thumb.jpg.4a34d4dccdb98aafcffc79134fa29e2f.jpg
Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork 

Edited by Waterfowler41
  • Like 8

Got my G2 Brute diff cover in the yesterday. Now just waiting on fluids to come in then trying to find a day I have enough time to out it on.a186f24a3e4770a996e9fbd58c4291d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got my G2 Brute diff cover in the yesterday. Now just waiting on fluids to come in then trying to find a day I have enough time to out it on.a186f24a3e4770a996e9fbd58c4291d3.jpg

Just curious.....

Does that improve anything or is it looks? I been curious about whether doing that mod to front and rear would be good long term. I lifted my rig and put 4.10s in with expectation everything I do is to keep her running optimal so she’s on road for 5+ years.

Just curious.....

Does that improve anything or is it looks? I been curious about whether doing that mod to front and rear would be good long term. I lifted my rig and put 4.10s in with expectation everything I do is to keep her running optimal so she’s on road for 5+ years.

I’d be lying if I said looks weren’t part of it haha but I also have a handful of trailers I tow quiet often so having more fluid that’s kept cooler is the biggest reason why I got it. Also just having a drain plug on the rear now is enough for me that way it’s easier to change gear oil when needed. This cover has a magnetic drain plug and magnetic dip stick so there should be less shavings getting cycled through with the oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, CKrado said:

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Shakey

I’d be lying if I said looks weren’t part of it haha but I also have a handful of trailers I tow quiet often so having more fluid that’s kept cooler is the biggest reason why I got it. Also just having a drain plug on the rear now is enough for me that way it’s easier to change gear oil when needed. This cover has a magnetic drain plug and magnetic dip stick so there should be less shavings getting cycled through with the oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m with you in the looks played a roll. I upgraded to the PML cover a few months back. The drain plug is nice and will be helpful with my “drive it into the ground 300k mile” plan for this truck. Mine doesn’t peak out too much with only a 1” lift in the rear

4df8e02bf8bf6f5432e830e2ff70d79d.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork
  • Like 2