What have you done to your K2 today?

I don't see how it's "false". He goes over why the current aftermarket covers aren't good, shows the fluid dynamics of them, shows aeration, talks about how some of them aren't getting oil to the front pinion. When he has shown the lower half of his cover it's clearly different from the others on the market. BD has the most similar except it achieves the additional oil level with an added cavity on the bottom which is clearly going to cause issue with the fluid dynamics.

Now I don't know if his diff cover will be available for the smaller axels in our 1500s but it seems incorrect to say his info is wrong simply because he is planning to make his own. Additionally, having yourself and a buddy without issues doesn't speak much to long term wear or performance.

To be clear, I don't think a diff cover is going to make or break anything in the short term, but in the longer term it may be responsible for additional wear and tear.

I do understand your concerns but as a business man I also see his introduction into the Diff Cover market as well. These aftermarket Diff Covers have been around longer than you and I and constantly upgraded with additional cooling properties.
I’ve had aftermarket Diff Covers on many vehicles with zero failures (wish I could say the same for other stock parts) and same for my friends. The G2 is another example of an excellent design and ease of maintenance which helps make changing your Diff Fluids much easier and sooner leading to a well maintained rear.
He said his findings are based on square aftermarket Diff Covers which last time I checked my Diff Cover wasn’t but again that being said he purposely mislead everyone questioning Diff Covers and then later decided to come out with his own version which he’s never done before. He also went on to say that his findings are inconclusive and that he has no idea how well his Diff Cover will work but I’m sure no different than the rest. I noticed his design had large fins from the inside too which IMO looks flawed and possibly his attempt keeping fluid from breaking down but no way capable fitting. Moving on, he starts with questioning the validity of Aftermarket Diff Covers and whether they work or not, moved on to now getting into the business of making his own into the already well established and flooded Diff Cover market. Banks has been replaced by so many newer and MUCH BETTER designed products out there and this is just his way of a comeback, the more I think of how he started out with questioning the validity of aftermarket Diff Covers in general and then making his own version speaks mounds, got your attention and others as well, I’ve got to much experience in life and especially life’s manipulations feeding only fears.

Again, I’ve been running aftermarket Diff Covers for many years along with buddies of mine and not once having any issues. He’s a BULLSHITTER!

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Real simple solution to me.

Pre- purchase a weld in drain plug.

Remove stock cover for a service.

Have drain plug welded into the stock cover.

Re-install.

:)

1 minute ago, CKrado said:

Anyone know where the OEM diff cover is made? China, Taiwan, etc.

Part # 25951487

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why?

:)

Why?
[emoji4]
So there can be an end to the diff cover debate. If the OEM cover is made anywhere else then here's a good enough reason for me to replace it! [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]3d4cdb7fe0b9e016d279cb1a8f15f294.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Real simple solution to me.
Pre- purchase a weld in drain plug.
Remove stock cover for a service.
Have drain plug welded into the stock cover.
Re-install.
[emoji4]

That will 100% void your warranty altering factory oem parts but will not void your warranty using an aftermarket Diff Cover.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

So there can be an end to the diff cover debate. If the OEM cover is made anywhere else then here's a good enough reason for me to replace it! [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]3d4cdb7fe0b9e016d279cb1a8f15f294.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’ll see a change coming especially with HDs in the near future.

Sent from above

On 3/16/2019 at 6:04 PM, SS502 said:

So Skip Lock is AMSOIL’s brand and you’re saying it’s no required? Oh and heck yes on the recommendation! I’m totally happy with what you did for me. :thumbs:

I was away from my computer and I don't play well replying with my phone. LOL 

You don't need any extra modifier for you truck.  You will be good to go.  :)

• Thanks 1

Finally got the tail gate light strip installed. Gonna get under and hard wire it when I get more time. Right now it’s just plugged into the 4-pin trailer harness and hardwired to the driver side reverse light. Here’s a few snaps during the day. Looks pretty bright so far. We will see how long it lasts, being a Chinese knockoff. 0f17f4b63478cc8401af0135e5ed6ff5.jpgc4bc45d9249c5a22dc4758d196dcf34d.jpg

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

• Like 4

No pics just gave it a bath. Wanting to lift and get summer wheels and tires on and also install subs from my 14. Everything is on hold for the moment wife said she wanted a divorce so don’t know what or when plans will happen O’well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

No pics just gave it a bath. Wanting to lift and get summer wheels and tires on and also install subs from my 14. Everything is on hold for the moment wife said she wanted a divorce so don’t know what or when plans will happen O’well.

Wow!

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Sounds like plans will be on hold for a while..... then you will be in charge of your own time, good luck.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

• Like 2