What have you done to your K2 today?

I swapped my door handle end caps to make a thief's job just a little harder. Eventually I will get a new end cap and replace my drivers-side rear door cap so it wont have a hole but for a super easy thing to do here is my thread...

6 hours ago, SS502 said:

I swapped my door handle end caps to make a thief's job just a little harder. Eventually I will get a new end cap and replace my drivers-side rear door cap so it wont have a hole but for a super easy thing to do here is my thread...

Well...I picked up a new right side handle (part number 22923598) off eBay for $20.69 with free shipping so I will swap out the cap without the key hole when it gets here. I had a eBay coupon so I used it and got a pretty good deal, now I will have a spare handle should I ever need one :thumbs:

Edited by SS502
Added part number

10 hours ago, SS502 said:

The Escalade handles have a cover that pops off to expose the lock if the battery dies. It’s hidden and not many people know about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

The Escalade handles have a cover that pops off to expose the lock if the battery dies. It’s hidden and not many people know about it. 

LOL...I was one of those people! Until now :thumbs: I’ll keep an eye out for one now, but for now this will work :rolleyes: 

Well lookie there! I just learnt sumpin new today! Lol

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

c1dd744be5799338655fb28ab501ccbc.jpg

I got the trim and tailgate handle sanded and primed today. I’ll wait a day or two and then wetsand with 400-600. Finally paint and clear when we have some nice weather this week. Also have my cabin filter to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind sharing, what's the part number for the headlight trim? I have chrome and would like to eventually switch them out to black.

Just now, cpaul55 said:

If you don't mind sharing, what's the part number for the headlight trim? I have chrome and would like to eventually switch them out to black.

You can’t purchase it separately. This is the second pair I’ve done. Just have to prep the chrome properly for the paint to adhere. 

14 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Are the end caps compatible with the stock handle?

17 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Ask Phil he’ll know for sure since he did an Escalade handle swap on his. I’d assume they are not?

Yeah, from looking at the cap, it doesn't look like it will work with stock handles...I am just gonna go with what I've already done LOL

• Like 1

After last weeks fiasco here in the Pasadena TX area with the ITC plant fire, I had black particles all over my truck, my wife's "white" car and my son's truck. So I gave my truck and wife's car a good wash and wax, very much needed. My son likes to wash his own truck, that's my boy. :) But with all this damn pollen floating around, it's hard to keep it looking good, you turn around for 5 minutes and your truck is yellow. :sigh:

Wash and wax_01.jpg

Wash and wax_02.jpg

• Like 3

Not today, but earlier this week..

Installed AMP steps.  Wife wouldn't quit complaining about having a hard time getting in the truck.  I just used it as an excuse to grab her butt and help her in the truck every time :) Finally said screw it and got a set.  I don't really use them, but as long as the wife is happy.. right?

Door Closed:

IrfZyJu.jpg

Door Opened (already dirty lol):

TDMFfHf.jpg

• Like 3