What have you done to your K2 today?

17 hours ago, cpaul55 said:

If you don't mind sharing, what's the part number for the headlight trim? I have chrome and would like to eventually switch them out to black.

17 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

You can’t purchase it separately. This is the second pair I’ve done. Just have to prep the chrome properly for the paint to adhere. 

I did mine about 9 months ago.  Totally changes the truck.  Ignore all the bugs on there, lol.  Have been up and down the highways of Arkansas the last few days.  Did my grill as well and plan on switching the chrome honeycomb for the black, once I get my bumpers wrapped.

UNGEE2Z.jpg

Edited by jegreenwood14
  • Like 3

I did mine about 9 months ago.  Totally changes the truck.  Ignore all the bugs on there, lol.  Have been up and down the highways of Arkansas the last few days.  Did my grill as well and plan on switching the chrome honeycomb for the black, once I get my bumpers wrapped.

UNGEE2Z.jpg

Your prepping process was similar to his?

I really want to do this as stage 2 to my chrome delete.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally got my oem struts and lift spacers swapped with my new RC 2.0 lifted struts.  It only took an entire freaking week.  I dropped the struts off at the shop Friday and they sat on em till yesterday and finally got em swapped.  I started installing them at 10 this morning and finished up an hour ago.  What a pain in the ass job that was.  I got everything buttoned back up and go to start my truck and I get a "service trailer brakes", "service stabilitrack" and my ABS light is on.  WTF!!!????  Truck runs fine, brakes work fine and I plugged into one of my trailers and the trailer brakes work fine.  I don't know what happened.  The truck has been sitting for about 9 days without being started so Im hoping maybe a battery issue, even though it fired right up.  I need to find a place that has a code reader for ABS.  Mine wont do it

2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Finally got my oem struts and lift spacers swapped with my new RC 2.0 lifted struts.  It only took an entire freaking week.  I dropped the struts off at the shop Friday and they sat on em till yesterday and finally got em swapped.  I started installing them at 10 this morning and finished up an hour ago.  What a pain in the ass job that was.  I got everything buttoned back up and go to start my truck and I get a "service trailer brakes", "service stabilitrack" and my ABS light is on.  WTF!!!????  Truck runs fine, brakes work fine and I plugged into one of my trailers and the trailer brakes work fine.  I don't know what happened.  The truck has been sitting for about 9 days without being started so Im hoping maybe a battery issue, even though it fired right up.  I need to find a place that has a code reader for ABS.  Mine wont do it

Man I hate when crap like that happens :( sorry to hear this...

Your prepping process was similar to his?I really want to do this as stage 2 to my chrome delete.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I sanded, used adhesion promoter and then base and clear on my old lights, grill and tailgate handle. Still going strong for 3 years except for some rock chips. That’s to be expected though.

2110952d4dab64d1557c37ce67cf50ea.jpg

8f5d4208588f1104d0fde2303017ce5b.jpg

fbfa6d1b6caef9166bb962fc9a21dd7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, huntr1117 said:

Added a Lock'er Down console safe. Had to relocate my streamlight that was in the console. I think it turned out pretty good.ccd4ba2905c6c3c4f2dc392a2d322c04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That mounting bracket is perfect!! Where did that come from?

On 3/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, CKrado said:

Anyone know how much or where to get Bilstein 6112's for our Silverado's / Sierra's? I reached out to Bilstein today and they said that they are out but I am having no luck finding a place to purchase. Kit # 47-273702 is what I found on their website for out application 

AMAZING NEWS from BILSTEIN!!!

We have 130 sets of the new 6112 for the 14-18 Silverado and Sierra READY TO SHIP!! These will sell out by Saturday and be on backorder again for months! Dont miss out!

GM-Trucks Members get yours here - http://battlebornoffroad.net/bilstein-new-products/bilstein-6112/47273702/i-7531506.aspx

That mounting bracket is perfect!! Where did that come from?
Its actually just the charger that came with the light. 2 screws old it in place. I think it fits that cubby perfectly. The light is a Streamlight Strion LED HP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, Waterfowler41 said:

They dragged their feet so long on getting the 6112’s out you think they’d be a little more cost competitive to the Eibach kit, is basically the same set up. Unless the Bils kit is made of unobtanium or gold...

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Not really, Eibach is a 2" diameter shock, Bilstein is a 2.65" - Bilstein will perform much better offroad and be able to soak up bigger bumps, easier.

We have 130 sets of the new 6112 for the 14-18 Silverado and Sierra READY TO SHIP!! These will sell out by Saturday and be on backorder again for months! Dont miss out!

GM-Trucks Members get yours here - http://battlebornoffroad.net/bilstein-new-products/bilstein-6112/47273702/i-7531506.aspx

Not really, Eibach is a 2" diameter shock, Bilstein is a 2.65" - Bilstein will perform much better offroad and be able to soak up bigger bumps, easier.

Sounds like you guys should run a GM-trucks.com sale! Tons of guys waiting for those, they’ll go quick!

Sounds like you guys should run a GM-trucks.com sale! Tons of guys waiting for those, they’ll go quick!

1 minute ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Save $100 off our industry low price with code GMTRUCKS

Thanks!

• Like 2