What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, Battle Born Offroad said:

AMAZING NEWS from BILSTEIN!!!

We have 130 sets of the new 6112 for the 14-18 Silverado and Sierra READY TO SHIP!!

HOLLY F#@KIN SH!T THEY DO EXIST 

WERE THEY DELIVERED BY SASQUATCH RIDING A UNICORN PULLING SANTA’S SLEIGH ?

I noticed that the center console latch in my Sister’s Tahoe & my Dad’s Escalade is chrome, but the one in my Sierra SLT is black, so thanks to this forum I found the part number & ordered a chrome latch. I installed it tonight. Getting the lid apart for the first time was a bitch! I was sure i was going to break the plastic. 

Edited by AdioSS
Added
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Just dropped off my truck to get the 4.56's installed.  Im super stoked!!!!!  Forgoing any issues I expect my truck back tomorrow

That's gonna be fun :D

11 hours ago, AdioSS said:

I noticed that the center console latch in my Sister’s Tahoe & my Dad’s Escalade is chrome, but the one in my Sierra SLT is black, so thanks to this forum I found the part number & ordered a chrome latch. I installed it tonight. Getting the lid apart for the first time was a bitch! I was sure i was going to break the plastic. 

Well, post up the part number and a how to for those of us who are too lazy to search for it LOL

Just dropped off my truck to get the 4.56's installed.  Im super stoked!!!!!  Forgoing any issues I expect my truck back tomorrow

That’s what I have and it’s a completely different truck. Make sure you break them in properly just in case you didn’t know they need to be broken in. Once they are good to go, turn off traction control and do a straight line pull in 4x4 if you have it. It’ll probably make you laugh and say what everyone else who swaps gears says, “why didn’t I do this sooner.” Let us know what you think about it once they are installed.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 300 Blackout said:

That’s what I have and it’s a completely different truck. Make sure you break them in properly just in case you didn’t know they need to be broken in. Once they are good to go, turn off traction control and do a straight line pull in 4x4 if you have it. It’ll probably make you laugh and say what everyone else who swaps gears says, “why didn’t I do this sooner.” Let us know what you think about it once they are installed.

Yeah I know they have to be broken in.  Everybody's procedure is different though.  This is what they recommend

After driving the first 15-20 miles at around 60 mph, it is best to stop and let the differential cool completely – usually about 1hr.  You will do this 5 times for the first 100 miles of the breakin procedure. Maintaining a speed below 65 mph and driving conservatively for the first 500 miles is also advised. The gear oil should be changed after 500 miles. We recommend that you drive at least 500 miles before any heavy use or towing. During the first 45 miles of actual towing, only drive 10-15 miles at a time before stopping to let the differential cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

Yeah I know they have to be broken in.  Everybody's procedure is different though.  This is what they recommend

After driving the first 15-20 miles at around 60 mph, it is best to stop and let the differential cool completely – usually about 1hr.  You will do this 5 times for the first 100 miles of the breakin procedure. Maintaining a speed below 65 mph and driving conservatively for the first 500 miles is also advised. The gear oil should be changed after 500 miles. We recommend that you drive at least 500 miles before any heavy use or towing. During the first 45 miles of actual towing, only drive 10-15 miles at a time before stopping to let the differential cool.

Throw 5 mins of driving around in figure 8s in there.

22 hours ago, H-town Silver Bullet said:

Your prepping process was similar to his?

I really want to do this as stage 2 to my chrome delete.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup.  Sand, etching primer, sand, primer, wet sand, paint.  Super easy.