What have you done to your K2 today?

I dig it. I'm usually not a fan of black wheels but they look good on yours. Are those caliper covers? 

Thank you. Yes, they are caliper covers. I had like $200 GM credit so I decided to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BrightWhiteDC said:

How do you like these so far?

They suck ass.  Never even got them installed.  The shock eyelets were to narrow causing me to have to use 3 big spacers on each side to fill the gap in the shock mount when bolted up.  That's a total of 24 washers I needed for both sides just to make them fit right.  The sleeves that came with the bushings were to small at 1/2".  Our mounting bolts are 5/16".  So the hardware wouldn't fit through the shock.  When I contacted Bilstein they said they didn't have a bushing that would fit the eye of that shock and accommodate a bigger 5/16" sleeve.  I asked about the ones used on the 5160 and the shock eye is bigger than the 5165 therefor it can accommodate our bigger hardware.  Ultimately the shocks were rendered useless and I returned them to get my money back.  I have no doubt the 5160's are probably great but theyre only good for up to 2" of lift.  I needed 7" so I was forced to use the custom 5165.  I should have suspected something when I couldn't find one single review of someone using a 5165 on a Silverado or any truck for that matter

I have a Rough Country lift so I ended up going with RC's new Vertex reservoir shocks and I couldn't be happier. 

4-A1-C5-DD8-EE00-412-E-9435-6-F86989-C6-

• Like 2

6” Fabtech w/ Dirt Logic’s all around. Love the setup! Ride, Install and Part quality are great. Now I need bigger tires! [emoji16]52498de995f1bd3aaefeee2dd8ee1fdd.jpg65797900dd9e8b580be894f023865938.jpg61105230b1f4a11938d9232bc057dd77.jpgc43809e31d62237fd8c8fc112e04d67b.jpg2dd212a413c9364296379a1a0af115e0.jpg

What exhaust do you have? I like those black rectangular exhaust tips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What exhaust do you have? I like those black rectangular exhaust tips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. It’s Borla’s Type S but I ordered the trapezoid black tips from Borla and swapped them out from the original round tips.

• Like 1

.. revisited vinyl wrapping my door pillars today.. much happier with the result this time.. I used satin black vs the gloss black I tried the first time back in the fall which I then removed. The satin black is a winner.. this was the look I was going for.

20190422_175723.jpg

20190418_201331.jpg

Edited by STRMTRPR
  • Like 4

On 4/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, jgraves13 said:

That looks like quite a bit of preload on the springs, how much lift did it give you?

I had a 1.5 in spacer on when I purchased the truck and retained the same height after everything settled with coilovers installed. Measurements are about 39.5in from ground to center of fender on front end. I was told they came preset with around 2.5in of lift. 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, qwank said:

oil fill elbow from an LS1 

oiltube.thumb.jpg.208bf71adc02114519604cd2020c4301.jpg

On 4/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, MeanGreen1911 said:

Looks great.  I need this. 

Part number?  Did it just drop in or does it need some modding to fit?

I wouldn’t recommend this. Once you put it in and twist it to lock it in place, it’s angled downward rendering it useless. And it’s a mother lover to remove once it’s locked into place.  Maybe I’m an idiot but I don’t see a way to have this lock in vertical unless you can somehow rotate the locking tabs on the plastic valve cover piece that the tube locks into. 

Dropped my truck off at the body shop to get the hood replaced.  Got this for a rental.  The best reaction was from my 3 yr old son.  As soon as he saw the rental, he started crying,  saying no no daddy you can't drive a bad truck lol.  Wish I would have got that on video.  Had to have a long conversation about how it wasn't our truck.   

This is the second time I have had an F150 while mine was in the body shop.  Both have had 5.0 in them.  Really not that impressed with them. This one seems, even more doggy than the first one.  Maybe it's the 10 speed tuning.  Can't wait to get out of this thing and back into my truck.

20190422_182551.jpg

Edited by 2017_whitez71

I wouldn’t recommend this. Once you put it in and twist it to lock it in place, it’s angled downward rendering it useless. And it’s a mother lover to remove once it’s locked into place.  Maybe I’m an idiot but I don’t see a way to have this lock in vertical unless you can somehow rotate the locking tabs on the plastic valve cover piece that the tube locks into. 

Curious about this as well. I just put mine in and its angled towards the firewall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk