What have you done to your K2 today?

Dropped the truck off to Ziebart to get the rusty frame fixed. Spraying with Corrosion-X before getting redone. Complete under body and all upper body panels as well getting completely sealed and rust proofed. (Hood, fenders, doors, tailgate etc.) can’t wait to see this thing when I get it back Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

Im on a 275/60 right now. Thought about maybe next time a 285/65. Barely rubbing even with the current setup. 

ah. they look bigger on my work comp than they did my phone. I just ordered the RC plates for NorCal. Think I'm gonna throw some 285/60 Falkens on mine in the next couple of weeks. the 285/55s barely clear on x10 -24 wheels.

1 hour ago, techsan15 said:

ah. they look bigger on my work comp than they did my phone. I just ordered the RC plates for NorCal. Think I'm gonna throw some 285/60 Falkens on mine in the next couple of weeks. the 285/55s barely clear on x10 -24 wheels.

Id like to maybe try a bigger size next time! You will love the Falkens, I have 20k on mine and they still ride brand new, look great and are not noisy. 

54 minutes ago, Codman67 said:

Installed my colour matched shark fin antenna today 

F7CC6FF6-8932-4FBD-BD5C-5F6BAEBCAB1B.jpeg

I'm looking at doing the same to my daughter's Cruze and my wife's CR-V, and getting rid of their flimsy wire antennas.  Theirs is also their AM/FM antenna.

How's the reception with it? (If you want to wait a week or two before answering, that's fine)

Where'd you get it? 

28 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I'm looking at doing the same to my daughter's Cruze and my wife's CR-V, and getting rid of their flimsy wire antennas.  Theirs is also their AM/FM antenna.

How's the reception with it? (If you want to wait a week or two before answering, that's fine)

Where'd you get it? 

I just changed the one that was black to the blue works great so far got it from a gm wholesale in Canada 

• Like 1

I really don't like bland street tires on trucks. Even a tame tire like KO2's at least have some sidewalls to show off. if I planned on keeping this truck long term and running two sets of rubber; I'd honestly toss on some mud tires for shits and giggles. If i won the lottery i'd run wider fenders and boggers if I could get away with a good stance haha. People already give me dirty looks for rocking a lowered 4x4, might as well give them a reason to bring out some torches.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Schooner said:

I really don't like bland street tires on trucks. Even a tame tire like KO2's at least have some sidewalls to show off. if I planned on keeping this truck long term and running two sets of rubber; I'd honestly toss on some mud tires for shits and giggles. If i won the lottery i'd run wider fenders and boggers if I could get away with a good stance haha. People already give me dirty looks for rocking a lowered 4x4, might as well give them a reason to bring out some torches.

Agreed!  As I said, I think it's sweet!  

On 5/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Did a overnight, out/back, turn-around trip up to San Ramon (Bay Area) on Saturday afternoon and last night, for our neice's graduation from CSU East Bay. 

Saturday's drive up wasn't bad, other than needing to stop, and the on-ramp to get back on the highway being closed for construction.  (I-5 NB @ SR-46)  The next 30 miles ended up SUCKING!!!!!  :ughdance:  Went straight to our hotel, accidentally left my phone at the desk, went back to get it, GONE, activated "Find My iPhone" app, tracked it down to their dumpster, where the "customer," that was behind us in line, was "digging through."  When we checked out, the day clerk said to make it reflect, so I DID!!!

Sunday, the ceremony was supposed to be at 10AM, but Saturday night (VIA EMAIL) we were notified that it was postponed to 5PM.  Most of the family that came up to see her graduate, had to leave by 6PM.  We were looking at leaving around then, BUT decided to stay for her.  Ended up leaving around 8:30PM, our initial/original ETA home was 1:30AM, ended up being 3:15AM, cause Siri wanted us to go a direction that we didn't see why, until we came to a STOP 3.5 miles from the next available detour.  Come to find out, I-5 SB was CLOSED for a 10 mile stretch and everyone was being rerouted by CalTRANS.  As we were getting to the off-ramp for the CalTRANS detour, they reopened I-5 SB.  Going from Grapevine to Gorman was HELL, 2 Peterbilt trucks crawling up the mountain, with 2 luxury cars beside them, in the next two lanes, AND Mortimer slowly going past all of them in the passing lane.  SO, I passed Mortimer on the left, moved in front of him, re-engaged my cruise, and was GONE!!!!

Trip B started at 18.3MPG for the life of the truck, ended at 18.8, and now almost has 13K on it.  My Fuelly was 17.3 AMPG, now 17.4 and I have to refuel tonight.  Fuelly says that I had averaged 18.93 MPG on the way up/around Hayward, computer was showing that I was in the 20s.  Computer is currently showing 21.7MPG since Hayward, even with idling on I-5 for almost a hour.  I topped off after work on Friday ($3.999), on the way home again, in Hayward, CA ($4.399, when we started heading for home), and I'm refueling tonight after work (probably still $3.999).   I estimate that it will be in the 19s according to Fuelly.

What ?

On 5/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, STRMTRPR said:

..lol I hope the marks on the pavement aren't from you with the trailer! :D

No kidding that woulda looked awesome.   Lol