What have you done to your K2 today?

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 4:59 AM, dukedkt442 said:

Edit:  every single item covered by warranty.  I could get used to this "not having to crawl under the truck every week to fix something" like I did my F150.  It's rare to find a dealer that not only acknowledges the items I've addressed, but actively works to make them right.

IMG_5524.JPG

It's great when you have a dealership that you trust.  I actually enjoy taking my truck in for service and I find it unfortunate that some members have significant problems with their local GM service departments.  I really like your modifications to your house!  The solar panels and rain barrels suggests keen environmental awareness.  Good on you!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Donstar said:

It's great when you have a dealership that you trust.  I actually enjoy taking my truck in for service and I find it unfortunate that some members have significant problems with their local GM service departments.  I really like your modifications to your house!  The solar panels and rain barrels suggests keen environmental awareness.  Good on you!

Thanks.  Make no mistake, after the warranty expires, I'll be doing every repair the same as every other thing on my property, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying not having to fix (gives me more time to do other jobs... I'm about to gut the master bath down to studs for a complete redo, rip up the main floor carpet and kitchen floor for tile and hardwood, need to jackhammer out the cracking concrete walk in the back and pour a new one, and build an attached lean-to/carport to my barn for the tractors and related equipment).  Rain barrels are required for all the fruit and evergreen trees, I have a barrel under every gutter downspout on the house and barn, turning both structures into giant catch basins.  Why waste the water and run the water pump to irrigate?  Also not having had an electric bill despite using electric heaters in winter (saving oil) and the central AC in summer is nice.  8 years is the break-even point with NY energy costs (at current yearly rate of increase) and when I retire and sell in 30 years, I'll have saved at least $43k even taking into account loss of efficiency.  So much win.

*in a few weeks when we move away for the summer, the Olds will go back in the garage and the GMC into the barn where they belong, as the wife and I will both have our vehicles with us.

Edited by dukedkt442
  • Like 1

I believe you're referring to installing spacers in the front along with Bilstein 5100 in a raised position.  Op didn't mention that he added spacers to the front.   It does sound like he found the solution to his problem.  Bilstein level on max setting and 2" replacement rear blocks makes for a much nicer look than indicated in his pictures and I'm not surprised there may have been a error in setting selection!  Hopefully we'll see the "after" pictures!
For sure, I'll post up new after pictures once fixed. Getting them adjusted on Monday. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

.. installed AVS paint matched aeroskin.. no more stone chips on the hood for me! Blends in really nicely with the truck . can't even tell it's there unless you get the angle right

large.20190612_202707.jpg.58ef93bbf6af192dccb4c2a80faf4e7c.jpg

20190612_202721.jpg

20190612_202727.jpg

20190612_202739.jpg

Edited by STRMTRPR
pics
  • Like 4

^I installed the same thing, but in black, on my Autumn Bronze Metallic truck... when I ordered, I thought it would stick up higher like a normal Bugflector, but it's growing in me.  I was mostly was looking for stone chip protection in the NE anyway... one winter on my new '17 Z71 had sandblasted hundreds of pits in its painted front fascia and leading hood edge. :thumbs:

Edited by dukedkt442
  • Like 1

Ordered rear bilstein shocks on Tuesday expecting delivery today but to my surprise they came in yesterday. After work I installed them in about 30 minutes and they’re by far much better than 20190612_215615.jpgthe black OEM shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^ Does that rear diff cover have a drain plug, and if so: 1) what kind is it? (G2 a brand or logo?) and 2) how is the fitment quality?  I would not be opposed to an aftermarket cover with drain plug (probably larger capacity) and cooling fins in 30k the next time I change the fluid.

Edited by dukedkt442

^ Does that rear diff cover have a drain plug, and if so: 1) what kind is it? (G2 a brand or logo?) and 2) how is the fitment quality?  I would not be opposed to an aftermarket cover with drain plug, larger capacity and cooling fins in 30k the next time I change the fluid.

It’s the G2 brute cover with drain plug and dipstick.
P/n 40-2091mb
Quality and fitment are great, very easy blot on install. It’s comes with everything you need for the install minus fluid (new bolts and gasket).

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks... I've had "bolt on" items in the past whose bolt holes didn't match.  I hate dealing with that...

I’ve had that issue before too, it really does suck. Was not the case with this cover. Everything lined up, the most difficult part is modifying the brake line bracket. All you have to bend it a little but you have to do that with any aftermarket cover.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. installed AVS paint matched aeroskin.. no more stone chips on the hood for me! Blends in really nicely with the truck . can't even tell it's there unless you get the angle right

large.20190612_202707.jpg.58ef93bbf6af192dccb4c2a80faf4e7c.jpg

Here's my black on brown.  Other than some practical items, not doing much for mods on this truck (yet)... once winter comes and I need tires, wheels and tires will be installed.  Unlike my Ford, no level/lift or anything that will affect reliability or fuel mileage.  I'm in upstate NY and the truck will see 2 trips a year to OBX, a trip to Norfolk, and 3-4 trips to the FL keys every year, along with a trip once a month on average to the Hamptons.  Your truck is an twin to my '17 Z71, including the black bowties.  I also transferred the wheel cover and neoprene seat covers (the truck will see a lot of wet bathing suits and dive time, and the heated seats come through just fine if delayed), and of course the all-important hitch cover that advertises "this is a fun truck, driven by a fun guy, going to fun places!" (clearly tongue-in-cheek)

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

Edited by dukedkt442
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, Donstar said:

It's great when you have a dealership that you trust.  I actually enjoy taking my truck in for service and I find it unfortunate that some members have significant problems with their local GM service departments.

First experience with the dealer's service department was a positive one!  I've only had one other dealer in my life that I've had positive experiences with, and that is the BMW dealer I purchased my X3 from.  Not only coffee, but hero sandwiches in the waiting room, free loaners (even for non-warranty work), shuttles, vehicle pick-up/drop offs, free parts/services, etc.  Step into my last '17 Chevy or '14 Ram dealership from the BMW place and I could instantly sense them eyeing me like a piece of meat with the assumption that I'm a complete moron and will fall for their "advice", rather than treated with respect.  But I digress... the current dealer I got this '16 from was up there on the respect scale.  They ended up keeping the vehicle an extra day, but I'd rather have them do it right, than take it back.  Barton's Chevrolet in Newburgh for anyone in the lower Hudson Valley, NY area.  And no, I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, but accolades should be mentioned as much as negative reviews.

Following work was performed, all at no cost to me:

1) removed acorn from HVAC blower fan; now even on high its quiet like it should be.

2) replaced back-up camera (image was hazy/foggy).

3) replaced the bushing that gives the slow lowering to the tailgate.  It drops a little slower, but still not as slow as others I've seen.  Looks like if I take the tailgate off and punch the bracket inward to add more friction to the bushing, it'll be better, but I'm not going to take it back for 5 minutes of my time.  I'll saving my annoying money-wasters for more important times.

4) brand spanking new spare tire.  old one was worn.

5) I noticed a brake pedal pulse from a warped rotor, so I brought that to their attention.  At first they cut the rear rotors, but then the tech wasn't happy with the thickness (I was told they were close to minimum, but not exceeding it), so they put on new rear rotors, pads, and parking brake shoes.  There still is a slight pulse, no where near as much as before, but the fronts have no lip and sufficient pad thickness, so I'll wait to take it back to see if it clears up.  I've had the rotors warp and then unwarp on my BMW in the winter, when the extreme temperature swings (-20*F to however many hundreds of degrees the rotors get during hard stops), and this truck was traded in in March.  Additionally the PO could have been one of those people that comes to a full stop and then sits there cooking the pads onto the rotors, leaving material behind that then registers like a warped rotor.  I also roll forward a few feet after stopping, and stop again to prevent that.