What have you done to your K2 today?

Washed and detailed the truck and installed the DL3 mirrors and PGamboas’ mirror harnesses!! Lovin’ it! Next up only 2 more mods to the interior (heated steering wheel and swap wood grain trim for off-road carbon fiber). Thanks again Phil!!

425d6a28d113edc69692c4be0c1e0f4e.jpga7b0d6d9878e7f21a40b3687cc6a06c9.jpge3e175a5cf398b1f6bf589749b68c6fb.jpg8a5428ef5c473a4aa3c8246fb973e86e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MHPrior80
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

Found my illusive oil leak and am happy to say it’s a simple fix. There were never drops of oil under the truck, just a small amount of oil on the lower radiator support, electrical harnesses and trans cooler line. Originally I thought it was the trans line but after getting out the ol’ bore scope, I found one of my engine oil cooler lines wasn’t seated completely in the GM push-lock style fitting. Once I removed the black cover which protects the C locking ring, I was able to see part of the ring wasn’t sitting flush. Looking closer, I could see that one of the retaining tabs on the ring was only partially seated. I’m gonna replace the entire fitting rather than mess with this one. Grand total of $7.
a33308b19d23e68ed42d339b83a72309.jpga4b118d01bb2b8d1c6174dcb32ee7650.jpg486f28f2af80e2bb5b001d823482528f.jpg

These clips were a PITA to get re-seated when I installed a new AC Condenser. Key was to get the

cooler line piping all the way in so the clips could properly set all the way in.

Did you replace your condenser at some point?

These clips were a PITA to get re-seated when I installed a new AC Condenser. Key was to get the
cooler line piping all the way in so the clips could properly set all the way in.
Did you replace your condenser at some point?

The dealer replaced it a year ago. The truck had the frame replaced in January and this likely occurred then. If so, this is literally the only hiccup from that service. I’ve been very pleased with the work that shop did.

Brought it in for its 15K mile maintenance, 14,131 on it, now.  It’s being washed, now.  Then I’m going to go get some food for tomorrow’s dinner party. Making Kalua Pig, rice, Mac salad, and serving it with Hawaiian King dinner rolls or buns.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Brought it in for its 15K mile maintenance, 14,131 on it, now.  It’s being washed, now.  Then I’m going to go get some food for tomorrow’s dinner party. Making Kalua Pig, rice, Mac salad, and serving it with Hawaiian King dinner rolls or buns.

Will you be taking a dump after that?  Or filling up with fuel?  Be sure to let us know.  :D

I will do this for the next one.

I don’t know if it’s the same for everywhere but onstar gave me a statement saying that if my vehicle is ever stolen and they can’t find it they will gift me $xxxx amount of money I’ll see if I can find it in my files if you want me to take a photo

I don’t know if it’s the same for everywhere but onstar gave me a statement saying that if my vehicle is ever stolen and they can’t find it they will gift me $xxxx amount of money I’ll see if I can find it in my files if you want me to take a photo

Cool! If you find it, I’d certainly appreciate it, but don’t go to much trouble.

On another Note: I drove a 2019 GMC AT4 loaded with a 6.2. My goodness!

• Like 1

I did this all a few weeks ago but just now getting around to posting it.  Installed a pair of ARH headers that i got from a member here along with new NGK spark plugs and MSD wires while I was in there.  I then got a Magnaflow 12587 to 3" tips installed with a BBP tune. As of right now i think the MF 12587 is too quiet.  Im fairly certain with this setup the engine noise/header noise is louder than the back end of the truck.  Im leaning towards either a MF 14161 or a Jones 3535XL to a single 5" tip dumped after axle.  The BBP tune is easily the best mod I've done so far. I highly recommend it to anyone that has any sort of shifting issue with the 8 speed tranny.  It completely transformed how the truck drives and its much more enjoyable now.

• Like 1

I did this all a few weeks ago but just now getting around to posting it.  Installed a pair of ARH headers that i got from a member here along with new NGK spark plugs and MSD wires while I was in there.  I then got a Magnaflow 12587 to 3" tips installed with a BBP tune. As of right now i think the MF 12587 is too quiet.  Im fairly certain with this setup the engine noise/header noise is louder than the back end of the truck.  Im leaning towards either a MF 14161 or a Jones 3535XL to a single 5" tip dumped after axle.  The BBP tune is easily the best mod I've done so far. I highly recommend it to anyone that has any sort of shifting issue with the 8 speed tranny.  It completely transformed how the truck drives and its much more enjoyable now.

So what’s involved in the BBP Tune? Other than the tune itself? Any physical upgrades? Or all computer? I’ve never done that type of mod before but I’m increasingly interested in something like this having had the truck for a bit now and seeing for myself what everyone doesn’t like about how the 8-sp shifts.

9 hours ago, slide187 said:

So what’s involved in the BBP Tune? Other than the tune itself? Any physical upgrades? Or all computer? I’ve never done that type of mod before but I’m increasingly interested in something like this having had the truck for a bit now and seeing for myself what everyone doesn’t like about how the 8-sp shifts.

No physical upgrades are required. The tunes will work with a stock truck or all the way up to heavily modified.

You record a data log from a driving session with the tuner device (AutoCal), and pull the stock ecu and tranny maps. Email them those 3 files to them with whatever your goals are for the tune (remove speed limiter, firmer shifts, remove torque management,  etc.) And they will email you back your new tune. You then upload your new tune to the truck.  Its a very easy process.

• Like 1