What have you done to your K2 today?

I will say Amen if that is the only issue after replacing the entire frame!
Why was your frame replaced? Accident or severe rust ?

Accident. Although I did have really severe rust on my frame too. Naturally, I spend a couple months prepping it to remove the rust before POR-15 and undercoating it only to have it totaled 4 months later. I’m not complaining though, I had the new frame powder coated to do away with GM’s frame wax.

A lesson to anyone looking to replace the oil cooler quick connect at the radiator...DON’T! Unless you know it’s broken and the culprit of your leak. I began unscrewing mine from under the truck and like an idiot got a face full of antifreeze. I didn’t realize the oil cooler fitting provided a seal for both the oil and the antifreeze. I quickly tightened the original fitting, reseated the cooler line into it and push the wire retaining clip in place... no more oil leak.

Dropped my trans pan, replaced my trans oil filter, seal, pan gasket and trans cooler lines. I also flipped the thermostat to keep it fully open 100% of the time. Some lessons learned:

75,000 miles is wayyyy to long to wait to change ATF. My oil was black and magnet was coated with metal particles.

Oil does flow through the trans cooler even when the trans fluid is at ambient air temperature. Today it was 85*F and my truck sat overnight. I disconnected the top cooler line (return line) where it connects to the trans thermostat housing. I started the truck and trans oil flowed out of that line, indicating that oil was in fact flowing through the oil cooler.

Trans fluid enters the cooler on the driver’s side and exits on the passenger side. Like a genius, I didn’t trace the lines and ASSumed it entered in the passenger side. After bolting everything back together and adding a gallon and a half of Amsoil ATF, I decided to flush some more fluid out via the cooler lines at the front of the truck. I disconnected the wrong line, started the truck and watched as the beautiful red Amsoil sprayed out of the radiator/condenser and flooded my engine bay and driveway :-(

The filter seal is difficult to remove without a seal puller. I had to deform it little by little with needle nose pliers to get it to come out. It was a little nerve wracking knowing if I slipped and damaged the mating surface or valve manifold, I was looking at a very expensive fix. Using a seal puller would have been much easier. 0ebad44e8f627caff2368b102cfacf94.jpg

• Like 1

This was a couple days ago but worthy of a post. I changed my oil. Seven quarts of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20 and one quart of Redline 10W-60. She purrs like a kitten... Engine sounds great and is performing great at 75,000 miles.

The effective specs of this mixture is 5.6W-25. Truck seems to be really happy with the bump in viscosity. Only way to know for sure is to send out a sample for testing which I plan on doing before winter.

• Like 1

This was a couple days ago but worthy of a post. I changed my oil. Seven quarts of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20 and one quart of Redline 10W-60. She purrs like a kitten... Engine sounds great and is performing great at 75,000 miles.

The effective specs of this mixture is 5.6W-25. Truck seems to be really happy with the bump in viscosity. Only way to know for sure is to send out a sample for testing which I plan on doing before winter.
Make sure to let me know what the results are. Same on the trans temp mod. I had post a chart somewhere about the temp vs. Wear. Think it was like a MAX of 40k at our average temp. The 200*+ need change at 25-30k.
Does your truck have the trans lines in radiator or just condenser?
Oh and in the safest way possible at wot look and see what the oil pressure gauge jumps to. The gauge is squirrelly but I have worry of high spikes with heavy oil.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dropped my trans pan, replaced my trans oil filter, seal, pan gasket and trans cooler lines. I also flipped the thermostat to keep it fully open 100% of the time. Some lessons learned:

75,000 miles is wayyyy to long to wait to change ATF. My oil was black and magnet was coated with metal particles.

Oil does flow through the trans cooler even when the trans fluid is at ambient air temperature. Today it was 85*F and my truck sat overnight. I disconnected the top cooler line (return line) where it connects to the trans thermostat housing. I started the truck and trans oil flowed out of that line, indicating that oil was in fact flowing through the oil cooler.

Trans fluid enters the cooler on the driver’s side and exits on the passenger side. Like a genius, I didn’t trace the lines and ASSumed it entered in the passenger side. After bolting everything back together and adding a gallon and a half of Amsoil ATF, I decided to flush some more fluid out via the cooler lines at the front of the truck. I disconnected the wrong line, started the truck and watched as the beautiful red Amsoil sprayed out of the radiator/condenser and flooded my engine bay and driveway :-(

The filter seal is difficult to remove without a seal puller. I had to deform it little by little with needle nose pliers to get it to come out. It was a little nerve wracking knowing if I slipped and damaged the mating surface or valve manifold, I was looking at a very expensive fix. Using a seal puller would have been much easier. 0ebad44e8f627caff2368b102cfacf94.jpg

Let us know about trans temp using the flip method. I’ve been interested in doing that as opposed to buying / modifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk