What have you done to your K2 today?

12 hours ago, Reddirt10 said:

Got some new shoes today! Pretty stoked about that!162a3401c93f95eb33ee3ab42aacac12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sharp looking truck.  The color scheme c/w tint will makes it stand out.  I regularly receive compliments on my stock brown truck.  You must get inundated with lookie-loos! 

Sharp looking truck.  The color scheme c/w tint will makes it stand out.  I regularly receive compliments on my stock brown truck.  You must get inundated with lookie-loos! 
Thanks man! Yeah it's a popular truck in my neighborhood lol!

20 hours ago, boombalatty said:

Found some vinyl pretty close to Summit White and tried wrapping one of the three chrome bars of my LT grille. It ... happened, I guess.  First time ever working with vinyl so major learning curve. 

But on the upside, after I butchered the white I put some black matte on the bowtie.  I cut the bowtie along the wrong ridge and ended up with an 1/8" gold border around the matte and I like it. Reminds me of the ol Heartbeat logo.

20180130_203648.jpg

What brand white vinyl did you use? Looking into wrapping the front grill and headlights white also

17 hours ago, Jakenbake18 said:

What brand white vinyl did you use? Looking into wrapping the front grill and headlights white also

Vvivid Black Matte 60" x 1ft Car Wrap Vinyl Roll with Air Release 3MIL-VViViD8.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L9JAS80/  There's enough that you can be terrible at wrapping and still have leftovers after wrapping all three emblems.

I let my hack job stay on for the day so I could look at it and nitpick the color difference between it and the Summit White, but it's pretty darn close.  Close enough that I wouldn't mind leaving it on there if it didn't look like a mess.  That one was the VViViD White High Gloss Realistic Paint-Like Microfinish Vinyl Wrap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YLFQ7W0/ 

Edited to add glorious day time pictures.

hackjob.jpg.2b2aacf196d6ec64dac12e8f7395e973.jpghackjob3.jpg.c3b980be1584ab0ccff2f024b7b09174.jpg

Edited by boombalatty

5 hours ago, 6TEEN5.3 said:

I've been thinking about turning the white letters out so I made this quick edit. What do you guys think? 

5a72b56000ba2_whitelettersss.thumb.jpg.554bdbe9091128ae484525d2e663a7d0.jpg

Do It!.  I think it gives a sport/classy look to the truck. White letters out on mine:

IMG_1273.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 6TEEN5.3 said:

I've been thinking about turning the white letters out so I made this quick edit. What do you guys think? 

Some previous lengthy discussions on this topic can be found on this forum. I  prefer no white lettering, not even "turned-in".  The bold white advertising takes away from the look, imo.   White walls or red stripes on sedans I could understand as a custom/retro look.

29 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Is it an overlay or replacement? How did you attach the GMC?

It's considered an insert but it's basically a replacement as you have to cut out the center of the old grille and reuse the shell. It is also available as an entire assembly but I chose to remove the center portion as opposed to color matching a new shell. The emblem is attached with self tapping screws to the protruding plastic nubs that stick out. (The original grille has push tabs that go into these nubs that are not utilized by the new grille.)

Installed a new grille.dfb5fbdc0f5cb8a97e5277896ceb0380.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looks good. I like this style on the Sierra's much better than the Silverado's. I hate my honeycomb grill but can't find a aftermarket grill I like for my '15 Silverado.