What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, michigan2500hd said:

Looks good. I like this style on the Sierra's much better than the Silverado's. I hate my honeycomb grill but can't find a aftermarket grill I like for my '15 Silverado.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Interesting you say that. I found the 14-15 front end of the silverados to be my favorite, sadly there were only 16-17s when I purchased mine so I was out of luck. I do like the sierra with the custom grille though. Looks so nice.

Put a Carven R series on and removed the flapper valve.  Kept the three cats.  Dunno how I feel about it yet.  The tone is nice but it's a little drone-ish on the highway.
20180201_182202.thumb.jpg.8132ed1d2298b1a15caa21c99e74f0c6.jpg

Did you keep the resonator? How’s the v4 sound? I can’t decide between R and TR series.

42 minutes ago, boombalatty said:

Put a Carven R series on and removed the flapper valve.  Kept the three cats.  Dunno how I feel about it yet.  The tone is nice but it's a little drone-ish on the highway.

20180201_182202.jpg

We pretty much have the same truck haha. I put the same muffler on, deleted the resonator and flapper. First trip on the highway I thought i was going to be sick from the drone, but either its toned itself down or I dont notice it anymore. Love how it sounds when you get on it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6TEEN5.3 said:

Did you keep the resonator? How’s the v4 sound? I can’t decide between R and TR series.

Yeah I did.  V4 isn't bad but the transmission sticking to a lower gear forever when I'm trying to accelerate is annoying but that's more a byproduct of the trans than the muffler. Running in 'manual' mode is more pleasant audibly and responsively.  When it switches to V4 it just gets really quiet much like the stock sound.

5 minutes ago, Jakenbake18 said:

We pretty much have the same truck haha. I put the same muffler on, deleted the resonator and flapper. First trip on the highway I thought i was going to be sick from the drone, but either its toned itself down or I dont notice it anymore. Love how it sounds when you get on it.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's my first custom exhaust in 20 years of driving so it's a new experience haha.  I did drive a bit with the windows down and you're right that it does sound good when you put your foot in it. It's dynamic too but I can't seem to keep off the accelerator.

Edited by boombalatty

How loud do you want your truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I’m more concerned about drone and v4 sound then how loud it can be. I wouldn’t mind a loud muffler if it doesn’t drone bad or has the chopper sound

I’m more concerned about drone and v4 sound then how loud it can be. I wouldn’t mind a loud muffler if it doesn’t drone bad or has the chopper sound
I think it's a general conscious that any aftermarket muffler will have v4 drone and chopper noise. Some can tolerate better than others. I can tell you that the Carven R with no flapper and resonator defiently drones and there is chopper noise.

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

I think it's a general conscious that any aftermarket muffler will have v4 drone and chopper noise. Some can tolerate better than others. I can tell you that the Carven R with no flapper and resonator defiently drones and there is chopper noise.

I have the Borla ATAK exhaust on my truck, I can assure you it has no drone in V-4 mode. Once V-4 mode kicks in the exhaust becomes quiet almost like the stock exhaust. That’s just my opinion on the exhaust 

I have the Borla ATAK exhaust on my truck, I can assure you it has no drone in V-4 mode. Once V-4 mode kicks in the exhaust becomes quiet almost like the stock exhaust. That’s just my opinion on the exhaust 

I had the same and while it didn’t drown. It sounded like a uh-1 hovering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8179945108e08d719ce1ea77be27907b.jpg

Finally got around to installing the new Directed DS4 remote start w/ security add on. I used their t Harness so it looks all factory :)
I’ve had vipers in all of my vehicles and glad to finally get this in.

• Like 1