What have you done to your K2 today?

8 hours ago, Brandon Prasad said:

faster acceleration and a more aggressive sound when giving it some gas, honestly dont think you need a tune unless your doing bigger things like headers or Cam swaps, major things but I could be wrong 

From my understanding it varies from brand to brand. Some CAI will require some tuning, others wont.

25 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

They look great. Do you have the link?

I bought mine off Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQVOJV0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems like a higher price than I paid, but my memory might be off.

Not sure why GM doesn't send these trucks out with these in.  

11 hours ago, Brandon Prasad said:

faster acceleration and a more aggressive sound when giving it some gas, honestly dont think you need a tune unless your doing bigger things like headers or Cam swaps, major things but I could be wrong 

I put the S&B intake on my '14, and other than some noise, I didn't notice any real difference. But car manufacturers generally tune their motors fairly laid back, at least on my truck, my exhaust pipe is black from all the soot because of running rich with a timing curve that's pretty laid back, and torque management. Torque management really kills the responsiveness of the motor. As an example, my 99 Yukon feels more lively and powerful even though it has a 100 hp and 200,000 mile deficit compare to my '14, because of torque management. A tune can turn that off, which really makes the truck feel more peppy, and readjusting the ignition and fuel injection curves can make a real difference in both power and fuel economy. Get a quality tune though, cheap programmers are just that, cheap.

I put the S&B intake on my '14, and other than some noise, I didn't notice any real difference. But car manufacturers generally tune their motors fairly laid back, at least on my truck, my exhaust pipe is black from all the soot because of running rich with a timing curve that's pretty laid back, and torque management. Torque management really kills the responsiveness of the motor. As an example, my 99 Yukon feels more lively and powerful even though it has a 100 hp and 200,000 mile deficit compare to my '14, because of torque management. A tune can turn that off, which really makes the truck feel more peppy, and readjusting the ignition and fuel injection curves can make a real difference in both power and fuel economy. Get a quality tune though, cheap programmers are just that, cheap.
I'm glad to hear this info from an additional source. Earlier this week I made an appointment to get my truck tuned this Friday. He will adjust the TM and some other things and I will finally get the AFM disabled. Pretty excited to see how noticeable these changes will be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, STINSAN3 said:

Where is everyone ordering their Reverse Lights and License plates lights at?
Gonna try to get this done for my 2014 Chevy Silverado. Thank you!

Diode Dynamics is what I went with for plate lights and cargos.

Their “cool white” matches the factory bed lights almost perfectly.

Reasons why

#1 you choose the color and brightness you want in the bulb you need 

#2 lots of install instructions written and video if needed

#3 easy to navigate website with search by vehicle feature & lots of pics

#4 good ol USA company employing Americans in St. Louis 

#5 no bs 3 year warranty you’ll probably never need to use 

#6 comparable prices to most other reputable companies 

NEGATIVES

If you just want cheap there’s better cheap options 

if you want crazy high lumens they get real pricey 

sometimes something is on back order 4-6 weeks but they’ll tell you up front

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

They look great. Do you have the link?

Best place is to get them right from the source.  There are a bunch of cheap knockoffs on ebay and Amazon but this guy actually has the patent and laser-scanned the holes to make sure everything fits perfectly:

https://railcaps.com/

Note -- this is the same guy as the Amazon link above but I think they are 2 or 3 dollars cheaper on his website.

I have had a set on for almost 2 years now.  I remove and reinstall them often and I have had ZERO problems with fit and finish.

Edited by sk

4 hours ago, STINSAN3 said:

Where is everyone ordering their Reverse Lights and License plates lights at?
Gonna try to get this done for my 2014 Chevy Silverado. Thank you!

I went with Phillips LEDs for my reverse, and plate lights. Had them in the third brake light till I bought the Anzo 3rd brake light. All cool white in color. From Pep Boys

Edited by MHPrior80