What have you done to your K2 today?

I installed a 2nd battery today. I used a solenoid to isolate the 2 batteries. I installed a small 3 position switch to control the solenoid. It has 3 modes.

Mode 0 the batteries are isolated no matter what position the key is in. 
Mode 1 the batteries are isolated when the key is off. When the key is in the run position the batteries are tied together letting the 2nd battery charge. 
Mode 2 the batteries are tied together no matter what position the key is in.

Mode 0 is for should there be a problem with the 2nd battery or anything on that system it can be isolated from the factory electical system.
Mode 1 is how the system is run normally. All my added lights and accessories are on the 2nd battery. So if I am at camp and run this battery down I can still start the truck. The battery will recharge as I drive. 

Mode 2 is for when the factory battery is dead for some reason and I need to boost myself. So I can boost the truck without getting out of the cab. You don't want to leave the switch set to mode 2 because the solenoid would run the 2nd battery down over an extended period of time. 

I will make a thread with a better discription, pictures and a drawing if it will be of any use to someone. I ran this setup on my 2001 Z71 for a few years and it worked well. There I used it to run a 3000-watt inverter. Soon I will be reinstalling that in my 2017. 

20180221_191219[1].jpg

20180221_191738[1].jpg

20180221_191742[1].jpg

• Like 6

Towed a 27'' camper for my sister, and got to listen to 'service trailer brakes' for about two hours. Also noticed my Illuminated Bowtie from gmpartsauthority, that was only on the truck for 9 month  is no longer working and I may need some air bags/helper springs if I continue to tow. I'm most upset with the bowtie. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Donolie

10 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

I went with Phillips LEDs for my reverse, and plate lights. Had them in the third brake light till I bought the Anzo 3rd brake light. All cool white in color. From Pep Boys

I don't have a local Pep Boys near me. I have an Auto Zone, Advance and O'Reillys.
I might get from Vleds or somehwhere like that.

9 hours ago, Michael71009 said:

Just got my morimoto hid elite kit ordered for my 2014 GMC. 50w 65k kit. Bye bye crappy headlights!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thats what I'm doing after I get some of my tax return back. in 35 watt in 5500K

1 minute ago, STINSAN3 said:

I don't have a local Pep Boys near me. I have an Auto Zone, Advance and O'Reillys.
I might get from Vleds or somehwhere like that.

Thats what I'm doing after I get some of my tax return back. in 35 watt in 5500K

You can also get the Phillips bulbs on eBay or order them online from pep boys and have them shipped too. Just a thought is all

• Like 1