What have you done to your K2 today?

My 8 speed has already been in 3 times and still has hard shifts at random. I wish they would just warranty it out and put the 10 speed in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did they do any work to it in those 3 visits?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just a trans relearn each time. Told me nothing was wrong with it. I said it shouldn't be hard shifting and lunging forward especially in traffic. The response I got was that I have plenty of time left on my warranty in case it really breaks.

Just a trans relearn each time. Told me nothing was wrong with it. I said it shouldn't be hard shifting and lunging forward especially in traffic. The response I got was that I have plenty of time left on my warranty in case it really breaks.

I would check your state lemon laws to see if your truck qualifies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BS.. mine was doing it way before intake... .. mine's in the shop for that now... and the 2018 with 3k miles on it... (gmc slt z71).... it has the same hard shifts in 1-2..and 2-1.. 

Is your 18 the 6 or 8 tranny?

Edit* didn’t see more posts after this. That’s disappointing the 8’s are having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS.. mine was doing it way before intake... .. mine's in the shop for that now... and the 2018 with 3k miles on it... (gmc slt z71).... it has the same hard shifts in 1-2..and 2-1.. 

So they told me to put the stock air box back on and that the problem is that the MAF sensor got a film of oil on it and can’t read air intake correctly. Also said that the engine was not engineered to get all that extra air. They told me they would clean the sensor and do a re-learn for me. But I had to talk to the service manager to get this “treatment”. The service advisor just told me basically “oh well , you installed an aftermarket cold air intake and that is the problem, we have this problem about 1 time a month. and we can’t do a re-learn to your transmission since there are no updates”......in your case with the 2018 8 speed transmission there is apparently an actual update from GM to help with the hardshifting

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

So they told me to put the stock air box back on and that the problem is that the MAF sensor got a film of oil on it and can’t read air intake correctly. Also said that the engine was not engineered to get all that extra air. They told me they would clean the sensor and do a re-learn for me. But I had to talk to the service manager to get this “treatment”. The service advisor just told me basically “oh well , you installed an aftermarket cold air intake and that is the problem, we have this problem about 1 time a month. and we can’t do a re-learn to your transmission since there are no updates”......in your case with the 2018 8 speed transmission there is apparently an actual update from GM to help with the hardshifting

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Wait, oil from the filter got onto the MAF? That's supposedly not possible according to some on this forum! ?

Steve
2012 2500hd

26 minutes ago, noJeepshere said:

I did this to my truck today:

Well, my landlord's grandkid did this to my truck today...

7575.jpeg

ahh damn man, sorry to hear. Just went through insurance for wind damage to my door.

Got the truck back today and it is bittersweet to have her back and looking new. You'll get fixed up soon!

Just ordered the husky cocoa front floor liners for my 2018 sierra 1500 on Amazon. Got dealer to include OEM floor liners last month when I bought the truck but hate the cutout under the accelerator pedal on drivers side that allows Iowa road salt to stain the carpet. 

Don't tell my wife please!

12 minutes ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Just ordered the husky cocoa front floor liners for my 2018 sierra 1500 on Amazon. Got dealer to include OEM floor liners last month when I bought the truck but hate the cutout under the accelerator pedal on drivers side that allows Iowa road salt to stain the carpet. 

Don't tell my wife please!

I upgraded to the Husky liners last fall. I had the OEM floor liners in as well. They were top notch quality and I would have kept them if not for that cutout. I don't understand why that even exists. Especially in any area where you have to worry about snow and salt.

• Like 1