What have you done to your K2 today?

19 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

Where did you find a blue lighted Denali cluster??!! I never pulled the trigger on this because I didn’t want the red!!

LOL!  What year is your truck?  2017 and later, GMC went to blue lighted.

Edit: Nevermind.  I just saw you have a 2015.  You're out of luck bud.

Edited by lapoolboy

On 3/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, MrSteam said:

20180225_194057.jpg

20180228_113253.jpg

20180228_100304.jpg

Nice looking set up. It's nice to see a fellow Mainah on these boards.  Love my Magnum Rack did you end up mounting your light with the magnum mounts? What else is that controller running?

Also, nice plow set up too.  I'm trying to justify one for my half ton, this photo is pushing me towards outfitting it. 

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

LOL!  What year is your truck?  2017 and later, GMC went to blue lighted.

I have a 15. I haven’t gone into great detail of research on this swap yet but love that Denali cluster 

1 minute ago, MHPrior80 said:

I have a 15. I haven’t gone into great detail of research on this swap yet but love that Denali cluster 

I don't believe you can get a 2017+ cluster with blue lighting to work in a 2015.  According to all the reading I did, the model years have to match.  You can contact Chris and he can confirm that though.

• Like 1

I don't believe you can get a 2017+ cluster with blue lighting to work in a 2015.  According to all the reading I did, the model years have to match.  You can contact Chris and he can confirm that though.

I think You’re right, that’s why I told him he’d probably have to buy a new truck to make the swap lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reolaced my IOB 7" with the Alpine x110-slv 10" Restyle kit and added the leather steering wheel with radio controls. Drag is the steering wheel controls didn't work with the idatalink Maestro as I was told by the Alpine tech so I still have to change the BCM. 

IMG_1442.thumb.JPG.ab5f0d925015bb8129242dabfc58d5f0.JPG

IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.d8f50479d9b721f6da0b3f2d334b1e96.JPG

IMG_1444.thumb.JPG.06ef84753f2d05dd2fc038ef212b0d13.JPG

It looks like your whole dashboard changed. Do you have more information? I have the non-navi 7” screen. I like yours better

15 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

It looks like your whole dashboard changed. Do you have more information? I have the non-navi 7” screen. I like yours better

The kit comes with the trim pieces on the side of the screen and the only thing you re use is the heater controls. It is totally plug n play with all harnesses included and although the wiring harness looks like a nightmare it is actually pretty easy to install with absolutely no cutting.

You keep your Onstar and WiFi, factory microphone and all functions i.e. Tire pressure monitoring system etc that work through the radio still function with a few added functions. It comes with a separate speaker for the chimes/turn signals that has its own volume control so they won't be loud if you add an amplifier. 

If you have USB in the glove box that one will work but the hub in the jump seat or console will not. Also, your factory satellite antenna will work with the adapter included but the module you take out has the xm tuner in it so you have to buy the Alpine tuner. 

Factory backup camera plugs right in (has adjustable guide lnes and trailer guide lines) and you can add up to 3 additional cameras.

There is an optional module available that will allow you to control up to 8 aftermarket accessories like a winch, fog lights, power tonneau cover etc directly from the headunit and an hdmi splitter that will allow you to mirror your phone or add other hdmi sources like a Fire TV Stick or rear seat monitors etc. 

Theres a bunch more I can't think of right now but if you have any specific questions just ask. 

Alnost forgot, the navigation works well and you can do a split screen with audio and navigation. 

About the only complaints I have are it will not allow voice commands for the navigation and it's a little slow booting up as well as when switching sources or functions IMG_1387.thumb.JPG.6a98e9013c41c3d0897496dd3f3a2818.JPG

IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.d523a9c0a5dfac1184a9725957885bcc.JPG

Edited by Marv88
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

Must have changed it in 2018 models then. I’ll start looking down the road here. To many  projects I’m in the middle of now 

Sierra went to blue in 2017. If you have a 2017 or 2018 Silverado you can use a cluster out of a same-year Denali and have a blue cluster. I believe some Suburbans and Tahoe's in 2016 also had a Denali-style cluster that could put in a 2016 Silverado and still remain blue.  Anything prior to 2016 model year would be a red cluster in a Silverado truck.

The kit comes with the trim pieces on the side of the screen and the only thing you re use is the heater controls   . It is totally plug n play with all harnesses included and although the wiring harness looks like a nightmare it is actually pretty easy to install with absolutely no cutting.
You keep your Onstar and WiFi, factory microphone and all functions i.e. Tire pressure monitoring system etc that work through the radio still function with a few added functions. It comes with a separate speaker for the chimes/turn signals that has its own volume control so they won't be loud if you add an amplifier. 
If you have USB in the glove box that one will work but the hub in the jump seat or console will not. Also, your factory satellite antenna will work with the adapter included but the module you take out has the xm tuner in it so you have to buy the Alpine tuner. 
Factory backup camera plugs right in (has adjustable guide lnes and trailer guide lines) and you can add up to 3 additional cameras.
There is an optional module available that will allow you to control up to 8 aftermarket accessories like a winch, fog lights, power tonneau cover etc directly from the headunit and an hdmi splitter that will allow you to mirror your phone or add other hdmi sources like a Fire TV Stick or rear seat monitors etc. 
Theres a bunch more I can't think of right now but if you have any specific questions jus ask. 
Alnost forgot, the navigation works well and you can do a split screen with audio and navigation. 
About the only complaints I have are it allow voice commands for the navigation and it's a little slow booting up as well as when switching sources or functions IMG_1387.thumb.JPG.6a98e9013c41c3d0897496dd3f3a2818.JPG
IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.d523a9c0a5dfac1184a9725957885bcc.JPG

When you say adjustable guidelines are you talking about when you move the steering wheel the lines move too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ichie123 said:

When you say adjustable guidelines are you talking about when you move the steering wheel the lines move too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do move with the steering wheel but you can also adjust each line separately side to side and front to back (it has red closest to the tailgate, yellow in the middle and green furthest away). It also has a fully adjustable line in the middle that you can center on your trailer hitch.  When I first installed this the red guideline left me about 2 feet from my garage door when I backed in but I was able to adjust it so I was only about 6 inches away when the red line hit the door.

• Like 2

They do move with the steering wheel but you can also adjust each line separately side to side and front to back (it has red closest to the tailgate, yellow in the middle and green furthest away). It also has a fully adjustable line in the middle that you can center on your trailer hitch.  When I first installed this the red guideline left me about 2 feet from my garage door when I backed in but I was able to adjust it so I was only about 6 inches away when the red line hit the door.

What model number is the head unit?

Took advantage of that 20% off on eBay. Bought a new black front bow tie ( since mine has rock chips all over it ) and also got a brand new auto dimming mirror all for $51. Couldn’t beat that

• Like 1