What have you done to your K2 today?

On 3/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Alex Hardy said:

Nice looking set up. It's nice to see a fellow Mainah on these boards.  Love my Magnum Rack did you end up mounting your light with the magnum mounts? What else is that controller running?

Also, nice plow set up too.  I'm trying to justify one for my half ton, this photo is pushing me towards outfitting it. 

Thank you very much. Funny I see a few other guys around town that you can tell really take care of their trucks and I wonder if they are on this forum. Us Mainahs need to stick together HAHA.

The controller just runs the bar light. It has 28 different patterns. It can also turn off the front or back part of the bar as needed. I am a big fan of the Magnum rack also. Man, they are not cheap tho. Did you know they are made in Waterville? I made my own mounts for the light because I was not sure how I wanted it to sit. I need to make a small change to them so the light does not have that slight tilt up in the front. I went back and forth for 6 months on putting a plow on mine also. In the end, I was sick of snow blowing and just did it. This last storm reminded me why I did it and I am glad I did. I started a thread about adding a plow to a 1500 when I was trying to decide if I wanted too or not. There are some good posts from members that could be of help to you. They were to me. 

The kit comes with the trim pieces on the side of the screen and the only thing you re use is the heater controls. It is totally plug n play with all harnesses included and although the wiring harness looks like a nightmare it is actually pretty easy to install with absolutely no cutting.
You keep your Onstar and WiFi, factory microphone and all functions i.e. Tire pressure monitoring system etc that work through the radio still function with a few added functions. It comes with a separate speaker for the chimes/turn signals that has its own volume control so they won't be loud if you add an amplifier. 
If you have USB in the glove box that one will work but the hub in the jump seat or console will not. Also, your factory satellite antenna will work with the adapter included but the module you take out has the xm tuner in it so you have to buy the Alpine tuner. 
Factory backup camera plugs right in (has adjustable guide lnes and trailer guide lines) and you can add up to 3 additional cameras.
There is an optional module available that will allow you to control up to 8 aftermarket accessories like a winch, fog lights, power tonneau cover etc directly from the headunit and an hdmi splitter that will allow you to mirror your phone or add other hdmi sources like a Fire TV Stick or rear seat monitors etc. 
Theres a bunch more I can't think of right now but if you have any specific questions just ask. 
Alnost forgot, the navigation works well and you can do a split screen with audio and navigation. 
About the only complaints I have are it will not allow voice commands for the navigation and it's a little slow booting up as well as when switching sources or functions IMG_1387.thumb.JPG.6a98e9013c41c3d0897496dd3f3a2818.JPG
IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.d523a9c0a5dfac1184a9725957885bcc.JPG

What was the asking price for the kit? It looks really good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aboogie808 said:

What was the asking price for the kit? It looks really good.

Originally $2500.00 but they are on sale at numerous sites including Crutchfield for $1300.00.

• Like 1

That blue is dope. That was my second color choice behind my iridescent pearl tricoat.
Thanks man. I have a thing for blue trucks it seems haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So over the weekend I added a Airaid Tube with K&N drop in filter, N-Fab Podium steps, Assist Handle and Uniden R3 radar hardwired with mute button and Blendmount on mirror. More pics to come

radar1.jpeg

radar2.jpeg

Airaid2.jpeg