What have you done to your K2 today?

So over the weekend I added a Airaid Tube with K&N drop in filter, N-Fab Podium steps, Assist Handle and Uniden R3 radar hardwired with mute button and Blendmount on mirror. More pics to come

radar1.thumb.jpeg.6b574348854f55c256ca89e34b07967f.jpeg

radar2.thumb.jpeg.74d67a24c4a501cfa2cfa46beea1b2fa.jpeg

Airaid2.jpeg.97551b89f41730f216b29dd892915882.jpeg

Will you snap some pics of the blendmount? I’ve got the lane sensor deal behind my mirror and haven’t decided if it will fit. Did you tap into the wires in the mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Will you snap some pics of the blendmount? I’ve got the lane sensor deal behind my mirror and haven’t decided if it will fit. Did you tap into the wires in the overhead console or the mirror?

Yeah no prob. I will take some when I get home. I wasn't able to tap into the mirror since I don't have the auto dimming feature so I used the side fuse panel on the drivers side for power and ground then ran the mute box wire up to that empty hole above the light switch. It was really easy plus since I added the assist handle I just ran the wire up behind that and across the headliner. Worked out good. With the blend mount it has a link in there that can be taken out or left in. I left it in and just moved it back so you can prob drop it down another couple of inches if needed.

41 minutes ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Will you snap some pics of the blendmount? I’ve got the lane sensor deal behind my mirror and haven’t decided if it will fit. Did you tap into the wires in the mirror?

I took a quick pic on my break without the radar on. You can see the adjustable link you can move down if you want.

blendmount3.jpeg

• Like 1

b831d0a5be55aff24914ba90390d2347.jpg
Led fog lights, headlights, reverse lights, 15% across the top of the windshield to match my windows and a 2.5” leveling kit also added the factory 20s a while back now she needs a bath

11 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

What all did you do for your 55k service?

This one just oil/filter and rotate the tires. Check fluids. 

Did the big one at 50K. 

Oil & Filter change every 5K. Redline 5W20 and WIX

Transmission service. Pan and filter drop. Red Line D6 fill. WIX filter. A service I will shorten to 25K intervals. 

Differential service a bit less than 3 qt. Redline 75W90 (50K intervals) 

Brake system flush (50K intervals) 

Checked coolant strength and add package. Belt/hose checks etc. 

Rotate and balance tires. (rotate on 5K intervals, balance on 10K intervals) 

Checked alignment. (Every 25K)

Ground up clean up. 

• Like 2

Bought Proclip mounts so i can mount my iPad in the truck. Will post pics once it comes in. I have the phone holder and have been pleased with it. Also bought the wife one for her phone in her car [emoji4]

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Penguin VII said:

@Korazu Have you tried any of the "off brand" versions? Curious to know how they compare. I prefer to just buy once so if it's clearly a better product I'm ok with the one time, but it seems to mechanically simple that I wonder what the value is. Although the one that @Sierra Jon linked seems to have a few poor reviews that describe leaking, it seems easily fixed with a simple rubber washer.

I personally started out with a cheap one that I got off some ad on Instagram, think it was $40 shipped with the foam cannon and a wand with no extension (basically it is the trigger to a quick disconnect). It worked but was way more of a pain than it was helpful. It always started to leak about half way though washing my truck. I had replaced one of the seals in it about 3 times and finally got fed up with it. I tossed it in the bottom of my box and ordered a Chemical Guys one. Total world of difference, I have no leaks and it has been nothing but pleasant using it. The thing to also look at is you usually get about $20-30 worth of soap when you buy from CG, plus they did just have a 30% off sale and they are still running $2.99 flat rate shipping. Basically what I am saying is you can get one from CG for fairly cheap if you look for the right deals and take into account that you get soap with it.

• Like 2

Just got the magnaflow muffler installed, sounds perfect

added the ezdown tailgate assist, chrome tailgate handle overlay, fox hitch cover, rough country led fog light kit,

afe cold air intake, and putco new tailgate led blade, brightest lightbar I have ever used also added the carbon fiber metal backed GMC emblems front and back.

Almost forgot, I just loaded the BlackBear tunes too.

fox-hitch-cover.thumb.jpg.36510c822f14202886ebe336c217e462.jpg

gmc-rear-emblem.jpg

rough country led.jpg

Edited by churchy1313
  • Like 1

Finally coming into the homestretch on mods left for the truck. Got the rear bumper covers ready to be painted. Fronts have been ordered. Should have them painted within the next month and installed.

Got my proto-type skid plate mocked up. Going to fab up the SDHQ skid plate in 24 ga. stainless steel then Line-X it.

Friday i’ll take some actual measurements on the truck and get this fabbed up next week. I will be adding tow hook cutouts as well.

If it turns out great and you’re in the Dallas/Austin/Houston Texas area, I could possibly make a couple more after mines finished.

39c74a2b4914395a0c0772d5741b8e60.jpg1de1d912b6f397442b963fbe17dbd2e4.jpg

3 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

Finally coming into the homestretch on mods left for the truck. Got the rear bumper covers ready to be painted. Fronts have been ordered. Should have them painted within the next month and installed.

Got my proto-type skid plate mocked up. Going to fab up the SDHQ skid plate in 24 ga. stainless steel then Line-X it.

Friday i’ll take some actual measurements on the truck and get this fabbed up next week. I will be adding tow hook cutouts as well.

If it turns out great and you’re in the Dallas/Austin/Houston Texas area, I could possibly make a couple more after mines finished.

39c74a2b4914395a0c0772d5741b8e60.jpg1de1d912b6f397442b963fbe17dbd2e4.jpg

Looks good!

Would you ship one to NC?

I made some for my duramax out of 11 ga.