What have you done to your K2 today?

5 hours ago, huntr1117 said:

Let me know if that ultra flex leaks during the rain. I'm on my 2nd original flex and it's already leaking again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Where was yours leaking from?  I will definitely keep an eye on it and let you know. I also installed a tailgate seal. Hopefully that helps.

5 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

@shadrickjm I love those runningboards. I've been thinking about getting some after deciding against the amp research due to cost and complexity. Any chance you have a shot of the whole side of the truck? I'm curious how it looks with the bed.

Here’s a few shots front and back. Hope this helps. I really wanted to go Amp but couldn’t see spending the 1500-2k for them. If you do end up going with the Go Rhino’s, get them from  carid.com.  They had the cheapest price. I got them for $350 with shipping.  

Also, the front of the running board is wider than the rear.  I’m really happy with my decision.

DA7A53D7-B2C7-4FDA-BC3A-46518E260643.jpeg

876F27D5-F78F-4230-A54F-648C6DE5AEAE.jpeg

11298CFC-C7FF-43AC-A0D4-FAA8DDBC07A5.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Donstar said:

This has to be the nicest interior update available! It is an upgrade that not only looks great but enhances the value of your truck more than the actual cost of the audio system, imo.   Nicely done!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

I thought crutchfield had a disclaimer stating that you can’t back back to the oem radio after doing this upgrade. Not sure why, I didn’t feel like talking to the customer rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This unit does not require any dash cutting so you can easily go back to stock however if you go with a standard double din headunit you will have to cut the rails that hold the factory module in the dash.

12 hours ago, Marv88 said:

Thanks and it does not have Android Auto or CarPlay however it does have HDMI input so you can mirror your phone/tablet without the limitations of those (you can play Netflix, YouTube or any other video app)

WHAT?!?!? For $3K that thing doesn't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto? 

Edit: Looks like they had raised the price of the 10" to $4k at some point but its on sale for $1299 since they're pushing the new 9" model for $2k which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. 

Edited by crafferty

6 hours ago, Daly said:

The colour isn't the problem to me. The fact that they are so square is what turns me off...

I'm not too fond of those either as they really don't fit into the otherwise nearly factory looking design (if they weren't there I bet most would think it was a factory unit)

Just now, crafferty said:

WHAT?!?!? For $3K that thing doesn't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto? 

On sale for $1300.00 :D and the phone mirroring is far more useful than the CarPlay was IMO. 

Where was yours leaking from?  I will definitely keep an eye on it and let you know. I also installed a tailgate seal. Hopefully that helps.
A few different spots along the seams that fold. Pretty much random spots along the center. 1st cover one lasted about 6 months before it started leaking. 2nd cover lasted about the same. I even used silicon along all the seams to try and stop the leaks. I'm hoping the ultra seals better.

35 minutes ago, huntr1117 said:

A few different spots along the seams that fold. Pretty much random spots along the center. 1st cover one lasted about 6 months before it started leaking. 2nd cover lasted about the same. I even used silicon along all the seams to try and stop the leaks. I'm hoping the ultra seals better.

Wow, that's crazy.  Did Undercover warranty it?  Did they hassle you about the diffective cover?

Edited by shadrickjm

Wow, that's crazy.  Did Undercover warranty it?  Did they hassle you about the diffective cover?
No. They are pretty easy to work with. They just asked me to email a few pics of the leaking or a short video. After that they emailed me and said they were shipping out a new cover. The new cover was an updated version of the original flex that I had but sadly it's leaking more than the 1st. I need to call them again and see what they about the 2nd cover.

10 hours ago, shadrickjm said:

Here’s a few shots front and back. Hope this helps. I really wanted to go Amp but couldn’t see spending the 1500-2k for them. If you do end up going with the Go Rhino’s, get them from  carid.com.  They had the cheapest price. I got them for $350 with shipping.  

Also, the front of the running board is wider than the rear.  I’m really happy with my decision.

Those look really great! I've been eyeing a pair of those because i hate how slippery the OEM boards are. Ive almost killed myself a dozen time. Do you know how slippery they would be with snow or water on them? Thanks!

• Like 1