What have you done to your K2 today?

2 minutes ago, sk said:

I hope your dealer knows what he is talking about but that doesn't sound right to me.  To upgrade to NAV you usually need a few cables, a new HMI module, and possibly a GPS antenna.  Here is the only GM kit I am aware of:

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2016/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/radio-navigation-conversion-kit-84093239?categoryId=12001

I’m sitting in the customer lounge at the dealer now, the description online calls the parts required a “cable”, but it does include a new HMI module, antenna and whatever other cables are required to convert to IO6. Looks like the Canadian website doesn’t include as much info as the American one. 

2D2958AA-2BCF-4638-9DFF-EC8F71663029.png

7 minutes ago, Tdotsfinest said:

I’m sitting in the customer lounge at the dealer now, the description online calls the parts required a “cable”, but it does include a new HMI module, antenna and whatever other cables are required to convert to IO6. Looks like the Canadian website doesn’t include as much info as the American one. 

2D2958AA-2BCF-4638-9DFF-EC8F71663029.png

Okay that looks better.  Good luck.

If it isn't what you thought contact Chris White on these forums (also at www.whiteautoandmedia.com) and he can fix you up too.

52 minutes ago, sk said:

Okay that looks better.  Good luck.

If it isn't what you thought contact Chris White on these forums (also at www.whiteautoandmedia.com) and he can fix you up too.

Just got my truck back, definitely got more than I bargained for!  My truck was built during a period in the 2016 MY that didn’t have apple CarPlay. Not only did the upgrade include factory navigation, it also gave me the projection icon on my screen and apple CarPlay functionality!  To say that I’m impressed with this upgrade would be an understatement. 

• Like 3

Just got my truck back, definitely got more than I bargained for!  My truck was built during a period in the 2016 MY that didn’t have apple CarPlay. Not only did the upgrade include factory navigation, it also gave me the projection icon on my screen and apple CarPlay functionality!  To say that I’m impressed with this upgrade would be an understatement. 

How much did it run you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the front and rear set of black GMC emblems, only put the front one on today because the back is held on with tape, not clips, so I wanted to get my wife’s opinion of how it looked before ripping the red one off

71C97C71-1103-4588-A1F8-B9C1E4F50CF3.jpeg

• Like 2

Picked up the front and rear set of black GMC emblems, only put the front one on today because the back is held on with tape, not clips, so I wanted to get my wife’s opinion of how it looked before ripping the red one off
71C97C71-1103-4588-A1F8-B9C1E4F50CF3.thumb.jpeg.31e686abe75afd28f09d928cce0c3448.jpeg
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...... and that's only if ya get caught! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Frank-OH said:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...... and that's only if ya get caught! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lmao ain’t that the truth!  She’s better at colour combinations than I am though, so I wanted to hear what she thinks of it before I went ahead and stuck on the black one. I would’ve put on the rear one today if it was held on by clips, but the tape is a PITA so I’d rather sleep on it...and wait until it warms up so the tape can cure. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tdotsfinest said:

71C97C71-1103-4588-A1F8-B9C1E4F50CF3.jpeg

Nice! Where did you get the black emblems from. I want some for my truck.

12 minutes ago, jmcady said:

Thank you!  I got them from MacMaster GM in Orangeville. They do a lot of lift/performance work on trucks so they have some cool goodies in stock every time I stop in. I’ll post a pic of the part number from the box once I get home from work. I don’t know if there will be a difference between Canadian and American part numbers though. 

6 hours ago, jmcady said:

Here’s the part number for the black GMC emblems, they come in a set. 

C4818C8E-978A-4E1E-8CCC-EA982FA75456.jpeg

Look into painting/plastic dipping yours. A few minutes of spraying with a couple hours of drying time one Saturday afternoon cost me 6 dollars and didn’t require the hassle of removing the gold emblems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk