What have you done to your K2 today?

On 4/21/2018 at 5:54 AM, pgamboa said:

LOL. Probably when I bought it and took it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Phil...What did you end up using to mount the DSP to the back wall? Just bolts through the wall or did you use some kind of bolt stand-off? I've been looking for a sturdy way to mount all my equipment to the back wall without drilling holes. Might try some good epoxy and binding posts. 

Edited by Goinovr
  • Like 1

Hey Phil...What did you end up using to mount the DSP to the back wall? Just bolts through the wall or did you use some kind of bolt stand-off? I've been looking for a sturdy way to mount all my equipment to the back wall without drilling holes. Might try some good epoxy and binding posts. 

I use JB Weld - 2 part epoxy. Used bolts that had a flat hex head on it and stuck in right onto the back wall. Let it cure overnight. The components are not heavy and are folding up well. I cut out the Sound Deadening material to ensure the bolts went on bare metal. You can zoom it the pics and see.

ebc2616e48fb75c3dfc645f5c15991ee.jpg

9d64e4320cc15f47f7a9fb73e590d095.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

I use JB Weld - 2 part epoxy. Used bolts that had a flat hex head on it and stuck in right onto the back wall. Let it cure overnight. The components are not heavy and are folding up well. I cut out the Sound Deadening material to ensure the bolts went on bare metal. You can zoom it the pics and see.

Awesome. Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pgamboa said:

ebc2616e48fb75c3dfc645f5c15991ee.jpg

9d64e4320cc15f47f7a9fb73e590d095.jpg

You truck must be extremely quiet when driving if you have the radio off!! 

• Like 1

You truck must be extremely quiet when driving if you have the radio off!! 

Well... once I put the carpets and such back. Lol. With the rear GM Deadening off, it is much louder as there are vents on that back wall... so I can hear everything. Lol. I can even hear the stock exhaust. Lol. One day :). It’ll all be back together.

• Haha 1

How lame is this?   I’ve had a tonneau cover and a rubber mat, but today spent $400 to have it sprayed with “Pro-Coat.”   Looks nice.  Prob leave the tonneau cover off til the weekend so I can look at it a few more times.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Boardmember said:

How lame is this?   I’ve had a tonneau cover and a rubber mat, but today spent $400 to have it sprayed with “Pro-Coat.”   Looks nice.  Prob leave the tonneau cover off til the weekend so I can look at it a few more times.

I have a cover over my Bullet spray in liner also. Still looks new after almost 3 years.

I have one over my bed that has line-x with UV protection that cost extra lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk