What have you done to your K2 today?

Oh damn. How do you seal it back up?

Is that the new style head lights?

Gah wish I had 16 or newer LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro these are 14 headlights I’m retrofitting!!!! Finished up the passenger side and calling it a night. First headlight took 3 hours second shouldn’t take more than an hour.

666245a091b7276d0559fe84213130b4.heic

My girl got some new shoes and rubber, now she just need to find some black nerf bars that will look good. So far I am leaning towards the N-Fab Podium bars, what do you guys think? I am also going to paint the mirror caps and vent visors to match the body color. I am always looking for other ideas though.

72D35E33-83D1-426B-81B5-94E1ECF033AB.jpeg

• Like 2

I did paint the OEM step bars until I decide which new bars I want. I also added the white cab lights and I love the look, just wish I could find tow mirrors with white lights instead of amber.

1FE9C126-8967-4B1B-9D10-0C4BDF4E121F.jpeg

D818D05D-CA27-4E1B-A235-0FB95A843E48.jpeg

• Like 3

Bro these are 14 headlights I’m retrofitting!!!! Finished up the passenger side and calling it a night. First headlight took 3 hours second shouldn’t take more than an hour.

666245a091b7276d0559fe84213130b4.heic

Damn! GMC. I have 15 LTZ with top projector. I could probably do the same.

Did you glue that cut out back on so that you had dust cover and stuff?

6 hours ago, Rich55016 said:

I did paint the OEM step bars until I decide which new bars I want. I also added the white cab lights and I love the look, just wish I could find tow mirrors with white lights instead of amber.

Cab lights look awesome.  Did you install yourself?

7 hours ago, Rich55016 said:

1FE9C126-8967-4B1B-9D10-0C4BDF4E121F.jpeg

Man that is awesome!!! love the look of your truck and I agree with the N-Fab if you can get them.

Edited by vonrokker

Its crazy how 4$ worth of tint will change the look of the truck.  I always regretted not getting the Z71 for the clear signals but the blackout really works on a black truck.

brKPCRd.jpg
AYTNPhS.jpg

The LED headlights with the clear switchbacks are not specific to Z71. They are specific to LTZ/High Country Trims. So, there are Z71 LT Trims with the same HID headlights and amber incandescent turn signals.

4 hours ago, diegosaurus said:

Cab lights look awesome.  Did you install yourself?

I was planning on it until I asked what Radco would charge, wasn’t worth my time. Plus then they hold the liability.

2 hours ago, Bandit33x said:

How did you get these off? Are they just clips? Or screws somewhere?

Just clips. The door and vent trim is stupid easy.  The stereo shroud is a bit of a pain though even though its just clips.  Even with my trim tools It felt like it was going to snap before coming off.  There are 2 screws you can take off the back of the vent shrouds to remove the little window diffusers.  Drivers side vent shroud is exactly the same except it has 3 wiring harness's with lots of slack that can easily be undone after pulling it out.

Quick vid showing how stupid easy the other trims are.

Got carried away again and used another few yards of vinyl.  Started with the steering wheel trim (I was debating leaving the piece where the stereo steering wheel controls would go but it looked odd so I decided to cut it out)

kLNRo9E.jpg

That went so smooth I carried on and did the door pockets. (never knew there was a light in there...)

2ietpV8.jpg

Again, everything went swimminly so I carried on and did the glove box latches. (I'm Not sure I like them but it got me thinking it might look good with the both glove box doors done and the center piece of the upper dash but that's for another day)

IFIF3pY.jpg

Things went to smooth so decided to punish myself and do the console and cup holder surround.  (It was by far the hardest piece I've done.  Not to mention I used one solid piece with no inlays to do it.)

MpBv43u.jpg

Was thinking I might tackle the upper part of the outside mirrors and the door handles since mine are just black plastic anyway but again for another day.

• Like 5