What have you done to your K2 today?

4 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Not today, but last night.

Went to church yesterday morning, ate lunch on Edwards AFB (with the family), then we went to Tehachapi to buy a twin bed frame for my daughter, then to Home Depot to buy a few things for our new house, and then went home via Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd.  Had some stupid kamikaze moron illegally pass us and the truck in front of us on a double yellow, blind curve, over a hill.  Said MORON almost ran into the oncoming car, but that person swerved off into the dirt, over corrected, and came straight into us.

E15199BA-5DAB-4A75-AF11-30304F65B201.jpeg

The four of us are ok, I have a broken foot, #2/3/4 meditarpals.  Wife and kids are going in to be better examined than by the EMTs on the scene.  Wife has some swelling in her right hand, daughter has seatbelt bruising (mostly from the buckle), and son appears to be fine.  Wife/daughter were sitting on the right side, and son was behind me.

Glad you guys are going to be okay.  That truck gave it's life for yours!  Glad you were in a truck and not a little car.  Hope your recovery goes quickly.

• Like 1

Glad to hear everyone is ok brother! It's a shame that people have to act in a manner that is so careless these days that they put everyone around them in harm's way. I hope y'all have a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear the family is ok. Hopefully the jack@$$ gets what he/she deserves. Vehicles are replaceable. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 12:32 PM, Deadpoollane said:

That sucks, is everyone ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, Neallynein said:

Hope you and your family are okay! People are in too much of a rush to wait for a clear straight away where you’re allowed to pass. Then they cause this and don’t even get a scratch but two innocent people do.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:03 PM, CKrado said:

Hope you and the family are doing well today and have a quick recovery. Did the moron atleast stop and make sure you all were okay since he is the idiot that caused the wreck?

On 7/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, Aboogie808 said:

Glad to hear your family was able to walk away.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, 2017_whitez71 said:

Glad you guys are going to be okay.  That truck gave it's life for yours!  Glad you were in a truck and not a little car.  Hope your recovery goes quickly.

Wife and kids had seatbelt bruising, son has bruised rib(s) from being pinned to the door during the spin, and I have a broken foot.  I had to be pulled out, as both of my feet were independently pinned, and my seatbelt would NOT release.  

Had several nurses, during my ER trip that night and with the family yesterday, say that they were surprised and glad that I was still alive.

http://www.desertnews.com/news/article_f7cae706-7e1e-11e8-aed4-af9e25d44838.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

May get another Silverado.  Not sure if I want to stay with the 1500 or get a 2500.  BUT, I am set on getting a “Midnight Edition,” regardless of whatever truck I get.  

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

Wife and kids had seatbelt bruising, son has bruised rib(s) from being pinned to the door during the spin, and I have a broken foot.  I had to be pulled out, as both of my feet were independently pinned, and my seatbelt would NOT release.  

Had several nurses, during my ER trip that night and with the family yesterday, say that they were surprised and glad that I was still alive.

http://www.desertnews.com/news/article_f7cae706-7e1e-11e8-aed4-af9e25d44838.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

May get another Silverado.  Not sure if I want to stay with the 1500 or get a 2500.  BUT, I am set on getting a “Midnight Edition,” regardless of whatever truck I get.  

That’s sucks, I was so ticked off when I got cut off in my Sierra.
Had to give up a lot of stuff I liked doing because I have my hand on the horn when the air bag went off.

You have to fight with the insurance don’t take the first offer and if they want to get it looked at get it sent to a gm dealer Chevy or gmc with a body shop on site.

Squeak wheel gets the Grease, fight for what you want.

6 minutes ago, Deadpoollane said:

That’s sucks, I was so ticked off when I got cut off in my Sierra.
Had to give up a lot of stuff I liked doing because I have my hand on the horn when the air bag went off.

You have to fight with the insurance don’t take the first offer and if they want to get it looked at get it sent to a gm dealer Chevy or gmc with a body shop on site.

Squeak wheel gets the Grease, fight for what you want.

I’m pretty sure that it’s totaled.  None of the GM dealerships in the AV have a body shop, they off-site their body work.  Front left A-arm is SEVERED, fender is missing (or at least I have no idea where it is), and I’m pretty sure the engine is toast.

I’m pretty sure that it’s totaled.  None of the GM dealerships in the AV have a body shop, they off-site their body work.  Front left A-arm is SEVERED, fender is missing (or at least I have no idea where it is), and I’m pretty sure the engine is toast.

Insurance companies are awful and be prepared for your insurance to go up when you did nothing wrong! They will try to fix anything as long as it’s under 75% of the cars value
They wanted to fix mine with a bent frame, bent tow hooks, 3 blown air bags, whole front end, door and fenders smashed in, the hood bent, all tires toast And my rad to the intake all mangled.

Thank god I didn’t want it back after that.

New custom powder coated headache rack on the truck, gonna add a single row led light on the top facing forward and a 12” on each side of the third brake light facing the rear 

5073B6A6-DEDC-489C-89E1-8AB699D2F865.jpeg

• Like 1

Finally got the boat hooked up for some earlyorning fishing with my pops.

588a040533336a9ebb29e97b4faf61de.jpgb04eebe7249e87f7e8aeaae4fb8ac38b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Love it. Waiting for more shots of the hood up close.

I been wanting that hood.