block8head

What have you done to your K2 today?

I finished changing out my single throw switches for my horn and compressor to DPDT switches. The compressor switch is on when the ignition on in the bottom position, off in the middle position, and on regardless of ignition in the top position. The train horn switch is connected to the stock horn when the switch is in the bottom position, off in the middle, and honks in the top position. I also changed my wiper blades today because the old ones were worn out. On my truck I use a 21” driver and 19” passenger wiper to clear my light bar because it sits low on the windshield. C0D1C65A-404C-4AB3-B139-53A123090162.thumb.jpeg.82dcfc007b3783a7111ffc14a1b8dbf2.jpeg

• Like 2

Hated the honeycomb grill on my LT truck. So I found a used inner portion of a z71 grill and switched it out. Was a nightmare getting the 3 chrome bars off of my old grill. 

IMG_20181210_143342.jpg

Hated the honeycomb grill on my LT truck. So I found a used inner portion of a z71 grill and switched it out. Was a nightmare getting the 3 chrome bars off of my old grill. 
IMG_20181210_143342.thumb.jpg.6072a07fa4f0cd7d90b6de5cd7ce9bcc.jpg

I’m just the opposite, I love the chrome honeycomb!

I’m considering trading my Z71 grille for one TBH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/8/2018 at 5:51 PM, Waterfowler41 said:

Had the room and the extra light laying around so why not?!

4919a42b3691a553ce902575a70f1290.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Are you not concerned about having enough air flow to the radiator?

Are you not concerned about having enough air flow to the radiator?

Negative my dude plenty of room for air. I don’t have the factory grill anymore so my two light bars are about as restrictive is a light bar/OEM grill set up. b13208c5f69c02aef77ff625d93be66a.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, Grjfer said:

An attempt too quiet key rattle.

IMG_20181207_105224.jpg

I had the same issue. The sound drove me nuts in such a quiet truck. I bought a rubber case to go over my key fob on Amazon and put a hair tie around my house keys. I like your fix also.

20181210_201128[1].jpg

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 9:09 AM, Grjfer said:

An attempt too quiet key rattle.

IMG_20181207_105224.jpg

On 12/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, SS502 said:

I am going to steal this idea, thank you for sharing! I admit I am spoiled by the Push Start in my Honda and I can overlook the blind spot sensors not being integrated but the keys do get annoying on most of the roads around here. I thought about those silicone Key Fob covers but haven't acted on it yet, I have something very similar to what you have done sitting in a drawer at home.

I've seen guys use "earth magnets" in the same spot as the felt, but they were only holding their remote up out of the way.  My house/work keys are separate from my truck/car keys, so I don't have the key jiggling problem.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, Gunslinger354 said:

I did rear brake bar (led under tailgate) with curt harness (so wires are plugged in behind bumper not in front tapped middle wire on 7 pin for back up light and did black "Z" overlays on z71 door sill plates covering the red "Z" to match truck and did steering wheel overlay this week as well

20181204_165853.jpg

Fixing to do the same thing, with a "fire/ice" light bar, to my '18 over my "holiday break," later this month.  Picked up a Curt 7-pin to 5-pin harness, that I'm going to modify to include a 4-pin for my tow hitch brake light. 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, JCKustoms said:

Added the AMP power steps, and rear Bilstein 5100’s.

d8b9fb9d52f9ba0db81416d8685422c8.jpg

a9c882e52b33dd8291960049cddfab7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating on taking off the 4" step rail, like the ones in Gunslinger's picture above, and replace them with a pair of these. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I've seen guys use "earth magnets" in the same spot as the felt, but they were only holding their remote up out of the way.  My house/work keys are separate from my truck/car keys, so I don't have the key jiggling problem.

I got my silicone fob covers yesterday and problem solved, the fob was the only thing hitting the column 👍

D7E67C56-5908-4A10-A492-616E2C828A91.jpeg

Edited by SS502
  • Like 3

Debating on taking off the 4" step rail, like the ones in Gunslinger's picture above, and replace them with a pair of these. 

I had the same 4” black tube steps, and I didn’t like them on the white. They were okay on my ‘16 Midnight Silverado. But these AMP steps are definitely the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Installed the MBRP side exhaust on my brother in laws silverado. Not going to lie sort of jealous, t304 and side exit for $500 is s west deal.

dca19ada7368d4bad534a16b6d8dc962.jpg

Any chance of getting a video with sound of cold start, revving, etc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Any chance of getting a video with sound of cold start, revving, etc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Too late at night for crazy revving but here is a cold start on my stainless works system versus a somewhat cold start from my brother in laws MBRP system.