In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What have you done to your K2 today?

2 hours ago, SS502 said:

Did it do that as you were driving home? I know when I bought mine I swapped out the cluster with a Denali cluster and it took right at 50 miles to re-register the Best Mileage from the three dots...maybe they reset something but if it happened while you were driving...ummmm ? 

Turns out to be operator error.  Truck only has 259 miles on it and while driving and fiddling with all of the buttons I apparently switched it to best 400 mile mileage. Computer can't work with insufficient data so it gave no feedback.

Just went out and swapped it back to 50 mile and it's working as it should. Need to get more seat time and go through more of the owners manual. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enough said:

Turns out to be operator error.  Truck only has 259 miles on it and while driving and fiddling with all of the buttons I apparently switched it to best 400 mile mileage. Computer can't work with insufficient data so it gave no feedback.

Just went out and swapped it back to 50 mile and it's working as it should. Need to get more seat time and go through more of the owners manual. 

Well that’s good news really. I remember finding out I had bed rail lights ?...not many people admit to an Oops moment so ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 05cyclone said:

I installed an opt7 tailgate led bar. I used a curt harness so that i didn't have to plug it in on the 4pin on the bumper. While I had the tailgate off I removed the last denali badge left on the outside of the truck. 

I just did one on mine too , wasnt the back up camera wire in bot of tailgate a nice suprise (not) i just fanangled the tailgate into the bed, and isnt that harness great?! Idk why anyone would want that ugly connection infront of their bumbers, did u hook up the backup light too, man their bright

On 12/13/2018 at 6:11 PM, Crazyjoker77 said:

Got a Chinese vendor to send me a couple sets of these(free) that I'm gonna try out.  I like how they look as there pretty low profile.  Its got 6D optic which should work good for my application.  I already have a 20" 90W in the bull bar on the front of my truck and 2x 72W 12" on the sport bar so I have no shortage of forward facing white lights.  I plan on having these canted 30°-40° which should light up ditches better.  

HTB16OuFFL5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXag.jpg

HTB1biPZFH1YBuNjSszeq6yblFXan.jpg

curious to see where you mount them, and if those brackets are secure and hold up..... those lights look good!.

Even though I just put a new tip on the truck 4 days ago I changed it out to this slightly bigger one.  

Original 3.5" Flat Black 

psKZ3kG.jpg 

4.25" Black Chrome

2o5aWI2.jpg

3.5"

paMbqtG.jpg

4.25"

Kg8sElP.jpg

And I wrapped the exhaust pipe that's visible from the rear of the truck and through the wheel well with some Black Wrap.

49cCkwj.jpg

On 12/14/2018 at 8:24 PM, HoosierZ said:

Hopefully, I fixed the dash rattle in my truck. The piece above the cluster has been making noise since it’s gotten colder. I popped it off and added some foam tape to the clips.

812A9DDF-13D7-4B66-9B8D-5E8691DEAB21.jpeg

Did this help? I have acquired a rattle in the driver side of my dash but cant really tell if its coming from high or low in the dash. I notice it more at highway speeds than hitting bumps in town.

36 minutes ago, Dino76033 said:

Did this help? I have acquired a rattle in the driver side of my dash but cant really tell if its coming from high or low in the dash. I notice it more at highway speeds than hitting bumps in town.

Too soon to say if it helped. It’s been warmer since I tried the fix. I also think the left A pillar trim is rubbing against the speaker grill. I need to pull the grill and try to add some foam tape to the grill or pillar trim.