What have you done to your K2 today?

6 hours ago, AZ_RADO_RNR said:

Added king 3.0 bypass shocks up front, removable tire cage w/ jack mounts and added quick release fire extinguishers to the bed cage. Brb while I go bully some Raptors.

bedcage2.jpg

bedcage.jpg

tirerack.jpg

side-shot.jpg

king-shocks.jpg

Nevermind.....  Found the build thread.  Lol.

Edited by cbrsilv15

2 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

What front kit are you running? Big difference with the bypasses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the Camburg kit. It's night and day difference regarding off-road performance with the additional bypass. The people who are happy with just a 2.5/3.0 King/Fox coilover even at custom mid-travel spec just don't drive their vehicle hard enough. Without the bypasses I was constantly bottoming out the front, next step is to work with a shock tuner to get both the rear/front 3.0 triple bypasses properly tuned. 

Once everything is tuned, I'm going to use this current set up to improve my off-road driving skills. In 1.5 / 2 years or so I will do a 4WD delete and run a race kit in the front (might do j-arm set up but need to see if the additional 3 inches is worth it from your typical 17/18in travel from race kits) and link the rear (not sure if I wanna do short course or traditional) and cage the truck. I'm still undecided on engine modifications, I see dudes with 600HP+ blown L86s who are not using all that power off road and that kind of power would for sure get me in trouble lol.

2 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Nevermind.....  Found the build thread.  Lol.

I regularly post stories of me on Instagram sending/pushing the truck pretty hard -- shoot me a DM for the handle if your interested in that kind of content.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jgraves13 said:

Any plans for a cage with all those suspension and engine mods? Once you get to a certain point seems smart to throw a cage in there if you are pushing it

Yes caging the truck was in the response. The day after install I did a shakedown and jumped the truck going 80MPH, never clenched my ass so hard before as I preloaded the suspension from a dip and the rear started to lift higher than the front a quick sec when I got air time.

Yes caging the truck was in the response. The day after install I did a shakedown and jumped the truck going 80MPH, never clenched my ass so hard before as I preloaded the suspension from a dip and the rear started to lift higher than the front a quick sec when I got air time.

Oh whoops missed the sentence about the cage. Yea that sounds like a good ass puckering experience! Lol

3 hours ago, Korazu said:

Damn dude! I didn't need to see this, as I always wondered about other type replacements for the fobs. Too bad they didn't make a CNC machined aluminum instead of the injected plastic. Hardest decision of the day, what color combinations... LOL

An aluminum key fob would be amazing. But the plastic honestly feels pretty good in hand, I just wish it was a tad bit heavier. But the button feedback is way more positive compared to the OEM key fob. And the process of moving the chip over was insanely easy.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, jgraves13 said:

How’s the ride in the rear compared to stock? I have the front coilovers and fox 2.0 in the back, not sure if it’s worth the upgrade to Kings in the back

I have only experienced stock and the kings. The suspension now feels soft and suppressed Slowly soaking in the bumps rather than quick and sharp feel with the stock shocks. As for already having fox in the rear, im not sure how that feels. If they are not rebuildable, maybe wait till they wear out? Your call bud.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZ_RADO_RNR said:

Added king 3.0 bypass shocks up front, removable tire cage w/ jack mounts and added quick release fire extinguishers to the bed cage. Brb while I go bully some Raptors.

bedcage2.jpg

bedcage.jpg

tirerack.jpg

side-shot.jpg

king-shocks.jpg

On 2/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, Golderado said:

King off road 2.5” coilovers with reservoirs,

i left a 1/4” of rake but looks level to the eye. Rides amazing compared to stock!

46383EC2-445F-4422-B92B-D036D089808E.jpeg

5BE0069A-F4EE-461A-9A8C-7E1E32501F92.jpeg

651BE361-D80C-4541-AEE3-7E79C5D893EF.jpeg

Do either of you notice a major difference in the ride?

19 hours ago, Flexbrah said:

An aluminum key fob would be amazing. But the plastic honestly feels pretty good in hand, I just wish it was a tad bit heavier. But the button feedback is way more positive compared to the OEM key fob. And the process of moving the chip over was insanely easy.

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine and it's already shipped. Thanks!

• Like 1

He actually used to make them in aluminum. But it reduced the remote distance pretty significantly so he started doing injection molded cases. And they don’t limit the range at all. I’ve had a couple of them. And they hold up. Great product!

• Like 2

Just got my truck leveled. I have the Eibach Pro Truck lift kit. New shocks all around with there new coils in the front as well. I have it set on the bottom notch on the front shock and that gives a 2.5" level.

To go with it I have a set of Kryptonite UCAs as well. Rides great so far. Everything is already grimey with road salt in the new pics since we just got some snow/ice yesterday.

Now I have to get some wheels and tires to finish it off. Thinking 295/70/17 on some methodsc2339e82949d808c5fce90a8945f6620.jpg82130c885dcb7dae55c68126a09d7a26.jpg7e11c2b0296ac15eb5c426304c2ecb3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just got my truck leveled. I have the Eibach Pro Truck lift kit. New shocks all around with there new coils in the front as well. I have it set on the bottom notch on the front shock and that gives a 2.5" level.

To go with it I have a set of Kryptonite UCAs as well. Rides great so far. Everything is already grimey with road salt in the new pics since we just got some snow/ice yesterday.

Now I have to get some wheels and tires to finish it off. Thinking 295/70/17 on some methodsc2339e82949d808c5fce90a8945f6620.jpg82130c885dcb7dae55c68126a09d7a26.jpg7e11c2b0296ac15eb5c426304c2ecb3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you’re anything like me and don’t like small tires, go with 285/75/17 on methods. I started with 295/70 and they looked great when I first got them, but now that they’re at half tread I can’t unsee them being “too small” and I wish I would’ve gone bigger and trimmed a little bit more

• Like 1