Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

block8head

What have you done to your K2 today?

Recommended Posts

Double post my bad

Edited by Frankielozano214

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie, get yourself a dash cam brotha! My last straw without one was when someone in the oncoming turn lane wasn't paying attention, started turning when I had a green light and I almost tboned them at 60mph. Didn't even have enough time to get on the brakes, ended up swerving in front of them and missed the curb and their front bumper by inches. I've never been so shook up and had a dash cam ordered that night lol. Have had a couple idiots do the same thing that happened to you and I'm glad I had it on camera if anything were to happen!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, boettcher40 said:

Frankie, get yourself a dash cam brotha! My last straw without one was when someone in the oncoming turn lane wasn't paying attention, started turning when I had a green light and I almost tboned them at 60mph. Didn't even have enough time to get on the brakes, ended up swerving in front of them and missed the curb and their front bumper by inches. I've never been so shook up and had a dash cam ordered that night lol. Have had a couple idiots do the same thing that happened to you and I'm glad I had it on camera if anything were to happen!

U recommend the one u got? Send me the info, ima look them up on my lunch break 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Frankielozano214 there's another thread I just subbed to where someone is trying to make a tap in for a dash cam from the overhead console. Figured I'd say something about it since both threads and topics were mentioned the same day

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, VanguardK2 said:

@Frankielozano214 there's another thread I just subbed to where someone is trying to make a tap in for a dash cam from the overhead console. Figured I'd say something about it since both threads and topics were mentioned the same day

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
 

Damn gonna have to look in to this, thanks. Put to much money in my truck to have some idiot try to mess it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

U recommend the one u got? Send me the info, ima look them up on my lunch break 

I ordered the Viofo A119 V3. I did quite a bit of research on dash cams and blackboxmycar.com had some great reviews. This was the low end of pricing but it works for what I wanted, especially since it has a parking mode so if it senses movement via g-force meter (door-ding or someone hits you) it will go back and actually start recording prior to the incident. I also hardwired mine in using the 3 wire ACC hardwire kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boettcher40 said:

I ordered the Viofo A119 V3. I did quite a bit of research on dash cams and blackboxmycar.com had some great reviews. This was the low end of pricing but it works for what I wanted, especially since it has a parking mode so if it senses movement via g-force meter (door-ding or someone hits you) it will go back and actually start recording prior to the incident. I also hardwired mine in using the 3 wire ACC hardwire kit

I don’t need nothing to fancy lol just something that will work and to crazy looking. Gonna check that one out might order it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

I don’t need nothing to fancy lol just something that will work and to crazy looking. Gonna check that one out might order it 

That was my thought too haha. You can spend 500+ on some crazy dash cams. Viofo is a great brand and lots of people love them. I actually used Phil's radar detector hardwire installation video to help find the wires to tap into for the dash cam. Amazon is actually more expensive than blackbox my car. $105.99 with the hardwire kit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Today i had some dumbass slam on their brakes in front of me thankfully my truck is good only a few scratches, dumba$$ girl didn’t want to give me her insurance since she cut me off and slammed on her brakes for no reason nothing in front of her (I did give her the finger for not letting me change lanes though ?) her car needs a new bumper, trunk and taillight ? 

E7C0A049-7DBA-4809-B4B4-30C3CB2042BA.jpeg
 

BEEFA5D9-7E1C-4EEA-A4B6-1149CA2EBAC3.thumb.jpeg.a4f26b0f9226724f0980d02c1aeebc06.jpeg

that sucks here in California if you hit the rear of anything it's automatically your fault, you can fight it and drag it out but in the end you loose unless you maybe have a really good lawyer and plenty of money, but that's what insurance is for, easier to just pay the deductible and let the insurance company's deal with it. doesn't matter if they just decided to take a nap in the fast lane, the law is written that you are required to maintain enough space to stop for any reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, boettcher40 said:

That was my thought too haha. You can spend 500+ on some crazy dash cams. Viofo is a great brand and lots of people love them. I actually used Phil's radar detector hardwire installation video to help find the wires to tap into for the dash cam. Amazon is actually more expensive than blackbox my car. $105.99 with the hardwire kit!

Koo thanks gonna have to watch that video, gonna google some dash cams right now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, doubeleive said:

that sucks here in California if you hit the rear of anything it's automatically your fault, you can fight it and drag it out but in the end you loose unless you maybe have a really good lawyer and plenty of money, but that's what insurance is for, easier to just pay the deductible and let the insurance company's deal with it. doesn't matter if they just decided to take a nap in the fast lane, the law is written that you are required to maintain enough space to stop for any reason.

In my case the other person was right lane next to me so I had to slow down to get in the lane the idiot was in but before I could change lanes she cut me off and slammed the brakes literally got in front of my truck with 5ft between and slammed on the brakes. Nothing I could do to avoid it. I already talked to my insurance waiting for her insurance to contact me (not to worried if they don’t fix mine since I was gonna repaint mine anyways) but I definitely don’t want my insurance to increase because that idiot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie,

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are ok. You are looking into Dash Cams, here is what I'm running. Check them out. They have way too many options to choose from, but I've had no issues with mine. I have the Rexing V1P Pro. It has both front and rear cameras and has the G-sensor you are looking for. I have mine hooked to power all the time, connected to a switch, so I turn it off when in the garage. Hope this helps in your shopping.IMG_3103.JPG.1e6171bf521a2a34ce0b0834bb5b5ed8.JPGIMG_3104.JPG.d167973555cf4450b691125f4d54a337.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

So the idiot’s claim got DENIED ?‍♂️ ? That made my day now off to buy a dash cam after work! Going to Best Buy thinking of getting the https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/garmin-dash-cam-46/6345458

the garmins are good I have the dashcam 20 in a couple vehicles, wired with a 12v dc to 5v usb adapter to accessory power so whenever the key is on it's recording, never have to touch it unless i need to pull video off the micro sd card. I put them on the passenger side in front of the mirror (drivers side of mirror has a light sensor), turn the brightness all the way down on the display, and it's out of sight of out mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Glad you're ok Buddy.
I avoid the concrete and stick to the two lane blacktop just for this reason. People don't know how to drive. Or care to learn .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
 

I'm the opposite, two-lane blacktop is where my head-on collision occurred. 

 

7 hours ago, VanguardK2 said:

@Frankielozano214 there's another thread I just subbed to where someone is trying to make a tap in for a dash cam from the overhead console. Figured I'd say something about it since both threads and topics were mentioned the same day

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
 

@VanguardK2, it was probably the thread that I started last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.