In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What have you done to your K2 today?

Lol I’ll just ship you guys my truck! Easier! Haha I can’t wait to see how they look! And cutting down the heat in the bay!!! It should be almost half!

Forgot this picture of the V band...
ee4906207a5d4f2db94cc8803be95eed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ceramic coating is the real deal on exhaust. I had a hot,hot snowmobile back in 2004 . Polaris 800 with a Hot Seat (Speedwerx) built engine. Dumped $3500 into it before I ever even started it.
I put twin pipes on it that had ceramic coating . Fastest sled I owned and I had tons of them.
You could hold your hand near it and you could tell it was way cooler than my buddy's sled with regular stock exhaust.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I put fish eye mirrors on both sides so I can see better . I want some cameras too.
Being a foot taller than stock you would be surprised how much you can't see.

The fella that owned Pepper for the 1300 miles he had her put fisheyes on both sides. LOVE THEM. Especially since she doesn't have power mirrors. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I put fish eye mirrors on both sides so I can see better . I want some cameras too.
Being a foot taller than stock you would be surprised how much you can't see.

I know, I've had lifted truck before and do now. But, you still need to know your vehicle, and the footprint it takes up...

Edited by 6.2Midnight
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Have you thought about installing a front camera (somewhere in the bumper area)? It has to be tough to gauge how close you are to things that high up.

Actually that’s a good idea I’m pretty good at stopping most of the time ?  (always part in reverse though)

4 hours ago, 6.2Midnight said:

A while back, a guy at work bought a brand-new 2020 GMC, Both my vette and his truck were backed in. I parked to his right. When he went to leave, his right rear tire and rim did a number on the left front corner of my vette. It looked like I was in a race at Daytona. Scrape marks, tire marks, you name it... His insurance covered everything, I added a couple bucks and got a RK sport hood while it was at the repair shop. Because of the height difference of the vehicles, he never even knew I was parked there...

Damn kinda sounds like u seen what happened lol that’s pretty much what happened 

Noticed my front left tire looked like it had a little more negative camber than the right tire. Checked it with my homemade digital camber gauge and found it was -0.6 deg. Right side was only -0.1 deg. Adjusted the left side to -0.1 deg and reset the toe with my fishing line and jack stand alignment “rack”. It takes a while to get it setup so that the lines are parallel to each other and inline with the truck, but once it is, it’s as simple as measuring from the line to the trailing and leading edges of the front wheels to set the toe. I always aim for 1-32”-1/16” total toe-in measured at the wheels. I haven’t paid for an alignment in years. My trucks drive straight down the road if I let go of the wheel and the tires wear evenly. 

DF4A2A22-E6C2-4381-8D10-6F15AE255E86.jpeg

F2114195-6F9F-4E3C-A17D-7D039A36D527.jpeg

Edited by HoosierZ
  • Like 5

Added OE painted door handles, (to match the mirror caps I put on shortly after I bought her).  Tinted the front windows to match the back.  Not sure when I was last on here but added the Ronin bullet antenna too!  Also, ditched the GM Performance intake for an SLP intake.  It's much nicer and unless I'm crazy, the truck does drive different.  Never disconnected the battery and been on stock tune again for a while.  Maybe just crazy!

IMG_0551.JPG

• Like 4

Ceramic coating is the real deal on exhaust. I had a hot,hot snowmobile back in 2004 . Polaris 800 with a Hot Seat (Speedwerx) built engine. Dumped $3500 into it before I ever even started it.
I put twin pipes on it that had ceramic coating . Fastest sled I owned and I had tons of them.
You could hold your hand near it and you could tell it was way cooler than my buddy's sled with regular stock exhaust.

Ohhh yeah I can’t wait. I did it for 2 main reasons;
1. Lower the engine bay heat because blower’s heat soak in SoCal’s 110+ degrees sucksssss.
2. Driver’s side brake lines is like 3/4” away from the header and I had brake fade at ...... high speed....

Can’t wait!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, BackRoad Z71 said:

By any chance does anyone know if the new T1 Keyless entry will work on the K2 Generaton. Apparently they discontinued the one for the K2.

Screenshot_20210123-201433_Chrome.jpg

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-silverado-1500-keyless-entry-system-key-pad-black-315-mhz/23473339-p-92295199.html

Truck's at the shop today for some issues I've been having under light throttle during v4 to v8 transition. Fortunately, the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and is reprogramming the truck. Curious to see what results that brings, have not had that done before.

In the mean time, I'm currently driving a 2016 GMC Canyon with 180,000 miles and it is awesome, lol.

• Like 1

Headers are back from getting Ceramic coated. Y pipe is back from getting final touches (added a 60mm wastegate and an extra o2 sensor bung). Now I gotta wait 5 days for the headers to completely cure...... a8c008174d4111684f8a975f018b953d.jpg

They even coated the inside!!!

4b4b9e202bd37977396cf6bb68c637f8.jpg
55413b9d62568e60486a07b229aa7438.jpg

Also had to make some adjustments..... de8646132c2f0303d006b38e0e7fa58e.jpg
76260d8de9d5dd159b3a7a5184577d82.jpg