What have you done to your K2 today?

Battery finally took a crap, maintainer was reporting an error, took it out and slap the good old school charger on, and needle was tweaking like a crack addict. Left it on overnight just to see what happens. Needle bounces every 10/secs.

So, finally installed the extra battery tray and bought the Duralast Platinum 94R AGM to replace the dead OEM one. Will probably pick up an ACDelco 48AGM for the second battery. Just need to decide which DC/DC isolator/charger I'm going with.

5aae39b5a2466794459954a33d710403.jpg

5b9b60fbf8ead77059b14b672dbe9961.jpg

56469a7c13b44a94c2a4258a4e7b6cf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally got around to installing my PowerStop brakes, front and rear with new pads. What a difference! I only have a little over 60k miles on my 2015 and I don't really take it on long trips except for the occasional drive to College Station to visit my son, but I still had the stock brakes on my truck and could notice a good wobble in the steering wheel when braking at speeds of over 60mph. Front pads were worn down quite a bit but the rears still had some good meat on them but changed them all anyways. 

Also took my truck in to the dealership for the Rooftop side curtain airbag safety deal GM has going on. Got a letter saying it was strictly voluntary but came with a free oil change and $100 gift card, so I figured why not. Turns out, they're replacing the airbag parts at no charge after all and it was coming up due for an oil change anyways, was close enough to 20% and got me away from work for a while so why not. 

• Like 3

Project for today! Circle D triple disk with 2800 stall, new filter, fluid and gasket. Also adding Tru-Cool 40k. The thermostat have already been flipped since.... sometime last year. Hopefully I can get the trans back in as easy as it came out.

f66541f96ae0d2666d9cdb3efd22f7b6.jpg
819566746792b9d1c587c1925a37514c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

LT4 injectors and HPFP are going in along with the new fuel line without the flex part. Blower should be going back on with a smaller pulley tonight. Last thing is to get the flex fuel sensor in and then retune on Thursday!!!!! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

4d5f8f951d1357a366167d45e6cbaf3c.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/8/2021 at 9:47 PM, VanguardK2 said:

So I'm one of those 'enable all pages' type of guys where I have the pages on the cluster even for the crap I don't use, and while I was scrolling I noticed I hit 3000 hours on my truck, which I don't know how good that is to see or not.

My truck is a 2016 with 93K on her.

I know for a fact the day I picked it up it was 2303 with 76K on it so I did 1st grader math an found I spent almost 700hours in that truck in the past 17 months putting on 17K on her.

Just seems like a lot, but I'm curious what everybody else has mileage and hours wise. Can't tell if this is a lot or average. Certainly not low... lol 723f41e157f0cdbeceeb149d681b0805.jpg235b3ff702f4f89ff7a05d50a09cc7b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Nice truck, love the yellow fogs. Haven't checked my engine hours lately but my 2015 just went over the 60k mile mark just last month. This year in Oct it will be 6 years old, I bought it brand new with only 7 miles on it. I don't really take it on long trips though and I only work 13 miles from my house, one way. 

• Like 1

Nice truck, love the yellow fogs. Haven't checked my engine hours lately but my 2015 just went over the 60k mile mark just last month. This year in Oct it will be 6 years old, I bought it brand new with only 7 miles on it. I don't really take it on long trips though and I only work 13 miles from my house, one way. 

Is that just a film over the fogs to make it yellow?

Thanks, and to[mention=191210]CajunFries[/mention] it is a yellow tint wrap I got from Amazon for like 7 bucks. Tbh, kinda wanted to get rid of it last couple weeks but the output is pretty cool and useful (I'd say).

Low and behold, I got in an accident with the truck today.... Pretty beat up over it, but I think she will be okay.

I hope this truck isn't totalled, I want it fixed, but if it is, I'll get another one. I love it so much, I hate to have it be this way. In a dumb way of thinking I feel like I let her down today. She's never given me any sh*t, despite all the coworkers at my Toyota dealership talking trash on it. It still starts everyday and keeps me safe.

'It's a scratch, Eleanor, it can be fixed.' ed8d7ec03f29a63fc8500c65bd5e59ad.jpg

• Sad 3

Thanks, and to[mention=191210]CajunFries[/mention] it is a yellow tint wrap I got from Amazon for like 7 bucks. Tbh, kinda wanted to get rid of it last couple weeks but the output is pretty cool and useful (I'd say).  
Low and behold, I got in an accident with the truck today.... Pretty beat up over it, but I think she will be okay.

I hope this truck isn't totalled, I want it fixed, but if it is, I'll get another one. I love it so much, I hate to have it be this way. In a dumb way of thinking I feel like I let her down today. She's never given me any sh*t, despite all the coworkers at my Toyota dealership talking trash on it. It still starts everyday and keeps me safe.

'It's a scratch, Eleanor, it can be fixed.' ed8d7ec03f29a63fc8500c65bd5e59ad.jpg

Damnnn glad you’re okay tho man! It doesn’t look that bad. [emoji1692][emoji1692][emoji1692]. I’ve seen someone on here I think got T boned, and it was totaled. But he bought it back and put a new frame on it! Anything is possible!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:47 PM, VanguardK2 said:

Just seems like a lot, but I'm curious what everybody else has mileage and hours wise. Can't tell if this is a lot or average. Certainly not low... lol 723f41e157f0cdbeceeb149d681b0805.jpg

That's 31 mph.  I'm at 42 mph. 

I've been called a "Hyper Miler" and I drive to slow.

Yea, bout that...

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.b0cce029c2eb0128dcc4726f7d0bbb04.JPG

Edited by Grumpy Bear