What have you done to your K2 today?

2 hours ago, Bobaloo22 said:

Hey Slide,

How about a link to those rotors?

Thanks!!

Yessir, weird that the website didn’t show as a link in my first post.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  anyways this link will take you to the 2018 gmc page. (But it’s the same for K2’s and you can just hit change vehicle for whatever on there too. Free shipping and free bracket clips too! (Use the code they list at the top.). 

it may actually default to no vehicle selected too. Not sure. 

https://brakeperformance.com/all-products.php

This is them all burned-in.

588290A2-0C74-48E2-AEC4-193C9934DEB9.jpeg

Edited by slide187
Pic added
  • Like 4

Added power folding tow mirrors today. They are amazing! Big shout out to Phil for his harnesses as well as getting me the power folding mirrors and the switch since the truck didnt come with it. Even took texts from me today when I had a couple of questions. A real stand up guy. 

IMG_2396.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Added power folding tow mirrors today. They are amazing! Big shout out to Phil for his harnesses as well as getting me the power folding mirrors and the switch since the truck didnt come with it. Even took texts from me today when I had a couple of questions. A real stand up guy. 

IMG_2396.jpeg

Whoa! That is awesome!
Well done and @pgamboareally is the best! :)

• Like 4

Haven't been on here for about 5 or 6 months.  I've done several things to my 2017 Silverado since then.  20 inch Fuel Tech wheels, Readylift (4 inch front, 1.75 rear)  33 inch Falken Wild Peak all-terrains, new exhaust with black tips, black bowties, new taillights and 3rd brake light, nfab nerf bars, line-x bedliner.  That's all I can think of right now.

IMG_20210521_124403_273.jpg

20210521_114529.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, BTNH4LIFE said:

Haven't been on here for about 5 or 6 months.  I've done several things to my 2017 Silverado since then.  20 inch Fuel Tech wheels, Readylift (4 inch front, 1.75 rear)  33 inch Falken Wild Peak all-terrains, new exhaust with black tips, black bowties, new taillights and 3rd brake light, nfab nerf bars, line-x bedliner.  That's all I can think of right now.

20210521_114529.jpg

Looks awesome! Good choice on those tires 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BTNH4LIFE said:

20210521_114529.jpg

Yeah nice looking truck!

I should probably get a good pick or two of mine and post it. Also recently added new steps, exhaust, and a small lift. Haven't done the wheels/tires yet, still deciding on those. 

• Like 2

ok so i finally got that harness and got around to adding the 2 OEM LED bed lights to the front end of the bed.  (In retrospect i probably could have asked Phil to make the 2 pigtails, but not sure if it would have been worth it to him or me... the whole harness for the bed lighting (OEM) was only $29 and i cut what i needed and it worked out perfectly.). anywhozzle it came out great and i think i AM gonna buy 2 more of the super bright Amazon ones i posted a while back... 

so i got the harness, an electrical fish tape that i have (key not just for mods like this but if you're a home owner in gen.) now, i soldered the wires, as i prefer that but you could probly use T-taps if you want... its under the bed rails so not really gonna see weather esp if you have a topper or a tonneau.

Installed the lights in the flats spots at the front of the bed first, similar to the spot they're in at the back but they dont have raised sections and holes... i used self-tapping screws and it seems fine.  a little patience needed getting up under the bed rail.

Then i fished the harness thru from the light to the back where i was gonna splice, plugged in the front lights and drilled 1 hole to add one of those plastic harness retainers.  pulled the existing circuit out of the wire loom, and the first pair i just cut and soldered them all, wrapped with tape (and in the open end i just put a little silicone... probly overkill tho.) tucked them back into the loom and taped that up, and pushed it back into the bed rail and plugged it back in.

on the driver's side i decided to just strip the existing wires and splice in, it was a little cleaner.  taped, pushed into the loom and the bed rail and plugged back in, tested and it looks great (these are the old OEM 2-LED at the front currently)

IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg

IMG_6553.jpg

Edited by slide187
  • Like 3