In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What have you done to your K2 today?

12 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Thanks. I sent the guy a DM to see if he would respond. He hasn't been on the site since June though. Appreciate the help none the less.

This is another option. I have heard one just on Kicker replacement speakers. Awesome sounding little amp

https://www.kicker.com/key-technology

I tried to get with Kicker to see if there was a way to purchase the DSP/AMP just from them but no go. He did mention the amp in the video you posted though. Anyone have any info on if they are any good or not even with stock speakers? I would like to avoid amplifying the dash speakers though as I dont want to hear the chimes and blinkers being really loud.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, pokismoki said:

how much is that, and whats the link or part number???

A lil over 900 with the katech thermostat. The radiator is a Mishimoto. The only performance upgrade for our truck that I know of. 

8 hours ago, CajunFries said:

A lil over 900 with the katech thermostat. The radiator is a Mishimoto. The only performance upgrade for our truck that I know of. 

$900 ouch... how much is the 6.2 or the MAX Tow package radiator from the dealer?

2 hours ago, pokismoki said:

$900 ouch... how much is the 6.2 or the MAX Tow package radiator from the dealer?

Have no idea. Do it once, do it right. I basicly own a BOAT now…. Every time I wanna upgrade something, Bust Out Another Thousand! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well today I finally got up the energy to tackle my rear bumper. Jun of last year, I got rear ended by a tree. It came out of nowhere and I never saw it before it collided with my bumper. It had no insurance and never even apologized, can you believe it??? (Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...)

I had found a like new takeoff from a 3500 for a reasonable cost a couple months later but it's been sitting in the garage ever since. Today I finally decided it was time. Since I have a 1500 and the new bumper was from a 3500, I had a little bit more to do. I had to pull old bumper, take the top pad off, take the brackets from damaged bumper and then swap them on the new bumper. I didn't feel like unbolting the bed to raise it for clearance and I had found a YouTube video showing how to do it by just unbolting. In hindsight, it probably would have gone a lot smoother if I had just raised the bed especially when finishing install of new bumper. But I still got it done and only had a few clips and a bolt left over. What I should have done was picked up a new bracket for the damaged right side but I was bound and determined to make the old bracket work. It mostly did, there was just one minor bolt that refused to line up. Oh well, it's done. Yay!!!

20200625_160206.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mikeyk101 said:

Old bumper removed...

20210911_165526.jpg

Good as new now!

20210911_154803.jpg

Nice work! When I put on my body lift and had to change the rear bumper brackets, one of the most difficult procedures was removing the bumper cover and reinstalling.
Again, great job! :)

• Like 2

Working in the garage on Saturday morning, glancing down the street every 30 seconds in anticipation for the mail truck. SS3 Pro fog lights installed and WOW. The difference from Morimoto XB's to the SS3's is incredible. Can't believe I waited this long to upgrade. Next step, tackling the install of G5-R projectors and switchback DRL boards 😁

First output shot is low beams, second is low beams with fogs, third is low beams, fogs, and a 32" lightbar behind the grille. Will have to get some more shots when my retrofit is complete on a dark backroad.

Also forgot to mention gave the ole girl a much needed bath. In typical fashion, it's suppose to rain today. 

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

Edited by boettcher40
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I scraped that schitty wax off  the main parts that show on my frame,and hit it with satin black paint.

I'll be doing the whole thing this winter. 

Screenshot_20210915-065658_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-065743_Photos.jpg

Dude, don't you know we live in the rust belt?! haha makes me cringe at how bad my frame looks.. definitely need to do this in the future. What was your process?

3 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Dude, don't you know we live in the rust belt?! haha makes me cringe at how bad my frame looks.. definitely need to do this in the future. What was your process?

There was actually some surface rust in places under the wax where it was coated well.

I just took a 1" wide putty knife and stared scaping. F'ng mess.

When I got most of it off I used laquer thinner and some rags until it was bare metal.

I only did the wheel well areas on the outside of the frame for now because mine are so visible. 

To do the whole truck all sides would be a major major. 

I'm only going to do the sides and bottom eventually. This is a good start for now it looks so much better than the ishy waxy crap.

Screenshot_20210915-132506_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-132528_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

Dang @dieselfan1, nice work. Looks better than new. I did quite a bit of research awhile back and thought I was going to do the POR-15 but wow is it expensive and I've seen a huge spread of mixed reviews. Looks like I'll be going the same route you did as I have a ton of surface rust from MN salt. Way too noticeable above the rear wheels, and I'm not even lifted like you!

Edited by boettcher40