In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What have you done to your K2 today?

4 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

There was actually some surface rust in places under the wax where it was coated well.

I just took a 1" wide putty knife and stared scaping. F'ng mess.

When I got most of it off I used laquer thinner and some rags until it was bare metal.

I only did the wheel well areas on the outside of the frame for now because mine are so visible. 

To do the whole truck all sides would be a major major. 

I'm only going to do the sides and bottom eventually. This is a good start for now it looks so much better than the ishy waxy crap.

Screenshot_20210915-132506_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-132528_Photos.jpg

How much u charging?! Look good but more work then I want to do 😂 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, pokismoki said:

$900 ouch... how much is the 6.2 or the MAX Tow package radiator from the dealer?

Max tow has the same cooling setup as regular 6.2's. The main difference is 3.42 gears and 22" wheels..

• Like 1

Replaced my 3” level with some Fox 2.5s with Resi’s. Lost about .25” of lift but diggin how these ride. I may adjust them down the road but it doesn’t rub and still sits level so I’ll leave it for now. 

2DF61940-0AFD-4D0D-8ABA-34A13472DA89.jpeg

2EE5329C-9888-4A16-9AF3-41B66047E86C.jpeg

35A642DE-B6BD-4929-AA4B-3CB3FE547536.jpeg

A1844B40-7763-4A25-94C0-A95A78363729.jpeg

Edited by langston1726
  • Like 5

Replaced my 3” level with some Fox 2.5s with Resi’s. Lost about .25” of lift but diggin how these ride. I may adjust them down the road but it doesn’t rub and still sits level so I’ll leave it for now. 

2DF61940-0AFD-4D0D-8ABA-34A13472DA89.jpeg

2EE5329C-9888-4A16-9AF3-41B66047E86C.jpeg

926FADD5-8560-4D7C-9D5B-6E140811CAEE.jpeg

I added the 2.5's earlier this summer. Sitting at same 2.75" higher than stock height. What size wheel and tires are you running?

13 minutes ago, mjj said:

I added the 2.5's earlier this summer. Sitting at same 2.75" higher than stock height. What size wheel and tires are you running?

315/70/17 BFG KO2s I don’t remember what it was stock but i went from 40.5” to 40.25”. Still almost an inch higher then the rear but it’s hard to tell on these trucks. Did yours settle at all or did you make any adjustments?

• Like 1

315/70/17 BFG KO2s I don’t remember what it was stock but i went from 40.5” to 40.25”. Still almost an inch higher then the rear but it’s hard to tell on these trucks. Did yours settle at all or did you make any adjustments?

Oh that's awesome. I've got 285/70/17 now and wondered if 315/70/17 would fit. Im at 39.5" with these tires. I swapped in a 3" block in back to keep most of my rake. I've actually not measured it again since installing. Should probably do that now that I have some miles on it. 

16 hours ago, slide187 said:

Picked up a Range AFM to try out. 

9E915C91-EC6D-462D-9B03-37803DC3622E.jpeg

I would suggest buying a tune kit like AutoSync or FlashPaq F5 that programs the BCM and ECU so you don't have to leave it plugged in to get the benefit of the Range AFM. JMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I would suggest buying a tune kit like AutoSync or FlashPaq F5 that programs the BCM and ECU so you don't have to leave it plugged in to get the benefit of the Range AFM. JMO.

Yeah I know a lot of people go that route but I’ve never been into the tuning thing.  Tried the pedal commander only because when it’s unplugged it’s gone. And now trying this to see what difference it makes in how the truck behaves w/o dropping to/from V4 all the time. But again only because when it’s unplugged it’s gone.  My mods usually stop shot of altering the computers haha. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Yeah I know a lot of people go that route but I’ve never been into the tuning thing.  Tried the pedal commander only because when it’s unplugged it’s gone. And now trying this to see what difference it makes in how the truck behaves w/o dropping to/from V4 all the time. But again only because when it’s unplugged it’s gone.  My mods usually stop shot of altering the computers haha. 

I can understand, but the things that one can do with a tune and tweaks via AutoSync and BTDiesel (the mods go through BTDiesel with a connection to the AutoSync) as well as the FlashPaq F5 are great fun to make one's truck, well, different.
I'll admit, unlocking the BCM, ECU and HMI ain't cheap.
But, it's been worth it for me for the customizations.
It's kinda like set it and forget until one wants to make another change or go back to stock.
Also, with nothing plugged into my OBD, my OnStar reports accurate info to the MyChevrolet app.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1