In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What have you done to your K2 today?

23 minutes ago, cohibadream said:

Not all today but the last couple months. ‘17 Denali ultimate w/ 80k miles. Had the truck about 3 years now. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

• Suspension Maxx 2.25 level
  • Replaced front magneride shocks with aftermarket brand (YWEISPART 84176631)
  • Breaks/rotors - Power Stop K6560-36 Z36 
  • Exhaust - Borla muffler (40946 XR-1) w/ side exit dual tip
  • Replaced fluids in front/rear diffs and transfer case - transmission is next
  • Supreme suspension diff drop
  • OPT7 60” tailgate light bar
  • Wheels - Method MR314 18”
  • Tires - Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75R18 - I think this size is really under rated…it’s 34.8” and fills the wheel wells nicely. Some rub but easily remedied 
  • Diablo i3 Platinum - 93 canned tune w/ Some of the parameters changed. Will possibly go with Diablew in the future.

Let me know of any questions. Maybe I should post a build thread with more pics and detail.

C24A409C-6754-4EA5-B22A-5978D82DBE5E.jpeg

DBB8E23F-1BDC-4A0D-ACF7-30AD19370EBA.jpeg

OH MY LORD THAT LOOKS GOOD. I want my 14 Denali to get to that look before summer time next year before i really start on my overland build. props to you my dude, that looks amazing!

• Like 3

Already missing the warm weather! :( 
First dose of snow and salt of the season with some more on the way! Really going to miss hand-washing the truck.

Took it to the automatic for the first time since the end of last winter today, and it cleaned up pretty good!

IMG_3616.thumb.jpeg.de5c8a14e228c8da8446978503760865.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, OffTheAir said:

Already missing the warm weather! :( 
First dose of snow and salt of the season with some more on the way! Really going to miss hand-washing the truck.

Took it to the automatic for the first time since the end of last winter today, and it cleaned up pretty good!

IMG_3616.thumb.jpeg.de5c8a14e228c8da8446978503760865.jpeg

Definitely the worst part about living in the midwest with a black truck. I try to hand wash at a self serve place once a month, but what a PITA and then it usually snows the next day anyways. I need a shop with a wash bay.. 

• Like 4

I mean, I'd definitely wash my hands more then once a month.  It's a pandemic out!!! 🤣🤣

hahah seriously tho i know what you mean... I had a silver truck for almost 15 yrs (one for 10 and the next one for 5yrs) and when I bought this Sierra in Dark Slate Metallic it's back to dark color problems that I almost completely forgot about with the silver.  And when she's been dirty for 2 days, she LOOKS like she's been dirty for a year!  at least that's the way it feels when I know she needs a wash haha.

Edited by slide187
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Definitely the worst part about living in the midwest with a black truck. I try to hand wash at a self serve place once a month, but what a PITA and then it usually snows the next day anyways. I need a shop with a wash bay.. 

Oh, absolutely! Especially when everything becomes color-matched. I remember the grime being a lot "less" noticeable when I had the chrome bumpers and original 20" wheels, but with the powder coated bumpers, grill and wheels you see EVERYTHING. There really is never a time where it is truly 100% clean, lol.

Winter time my rule of thumb is just making sure it's clean and all the salt gets washed off. I really try and aim for at least bringing it to the self-service bay every two weeks or so just to flush everything out and wait for a break in the weather to give it a more thorough wash. Unfortunately, the self-service places in my area are very stingy about hand-washing so a lot of the times I am forced to hit the automatic. Which is fine, I've kind of had the same routine and by the time Spring comes I just do a little detailing and the paint looks good as new! :)

Black paint really forces you to want to take care of it. Seriously, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OffTheAir said:

Oh, absolutely! Especially when everything becomes color-matched. I remember the grime being a lot "less" noticeable when I had the chrome bumpers and original 20" wheels, but with the powder coated bumpers, grill and wheels you see EVERYTHING. There really is never a time where it is truly 100% clean, lol.

Winter time my rule of thumb is just making sure it's clean and all the salt gets washed off. I really try and aim for at least bringing it to the self-service bay every two weeks or so just to flush everything out and wait for a break in the weather to give it a more thorough wash. Unfortunately, the self-service places in my area are very stingy about hand-washing so a lot of the times I am forced to hit the automatic. Which is fine, I've kind of had the same routine and by the time Spring comes I just do a little detailing and the paint looks good as new! :)

Black paint really forces you to want to take care of it. Seriously, lol.

Although probably not practical in the much colder weather, anything powdercoated is a breeze to clean if you have a clean towel and a can of lemon pledge. That was a big reason on my bike for powdercoating the wheels. The grime is quickly taken off by a blast of the lemon pledge and a wipe down. This made cleaning the wheels a simple quick job. It would probably work well for bumpers, grilles, etc...

• Like 1

Not sure about the wash every couple weeks method but where I live in Minnesota I don't drive much in the winter but if it gets dirty/salty I'm at the self serve carwash that night.

I probably go there three times a week.

I refuse to let this truck get rusty.

• Like 3

I have a white truck, hided the dirt pretty well, especially with the splash guards.
Still, I wash it nearly every weekend when it's the rainy season here in Florida or a front comes through during the winter.